PDA

View Full Version : Question for League Pass veterans.

Hicks
04-18-2005, 10:33 PM
This is my first year with LP as most of you know. My question is about the 1st round of the playoffs. Are there any games NOT on national TV during the 1st round, and if so, does LP show any of the local coverage of these games?

Kstat
04-18-2005, 10:34 PM
no.

Mushmouth
04-18-2005, 10:35 PM
This is my first year with LP as most of you know. My question is about the 1st round of the playoffs. Are there any games NOT on national TV during the 1st round, and if so, does LP show any of the local coverage of these games?

There were a couple first round Boston-Pacers games last year on NBAtv - so if you have NBA pass, you will be able to watch these non-ESPN games via NBAtv (which you may or may not get w/ your cable/satellite). I do not remember the coverage, I think it may have been an ESPN jv-team crew.

Jermaniac
04-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Nope, once the season is over there is no more league pass. I also hope they dont show any of our games on ABC cause if they do I will go crazy if they dont show them.

Mushmouth
04-18-2005, 10:52 PM
and you can almost bank on a NBAtv game if we play the Celts in round 1, it'll be the lowest priority series nationally...

Unclebuck
04-18-2005, 11:15 PM
One thing I like is NBATV shows all of the post press conference and in the locker room stuff. A little bit more each round. ESPN news shows some also, but they often break away if anything else is going on

Ragnar
04-18-2005, 11:57 PM
I would expect us to be on NBA TV again this year.

Hicks
04-19-2005, 12:09 AM
I just hope I have NBATV during the post and off season. I'm afraid of Dish taking it away until the fall.

Ragnar
04-19-2005, 09:01 AM
They should leave it on. Do you have your league pass set up for auto renew? If they shut it off call and ***** and they will probably turn it back on.

waxman
04-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Just because you get LP doesn't mean you get NBATV... they're seperate packages out here in AZ anyway.

Gyron
04-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah I don't have LP and I do have NBA TV. Its part of Time Warner's Sports package I believe.

Ragnar
04-19-2005, 03:52 PM
For future reference if you want the best league pass you need direct tv. Not all league pass subscriptions are alike.

We have seen that cable and Dish Network will not allow you to see the pre or post game shows Direct TV will. Some cable companies do not have NBA tv and that is inexcusable.

So if you are thinking about getting league pass for next year by all means go get Direct TV (no I do not work for them) When I got mine it was a three room system for 150.00 I got a 150.00 rebate and a 100 gift card to Best Buy. Yes they paid me 100 to buy the system from Best Buy (no I dont work for them either)

Grey
04-19-2005, 04:29 PM
How are you guys in Indiana able to watch Pacer games on League Pass? Aren't they blacked out? Or did you solve the problem the same way I did?

I live in northern Michigan where Pistons games aren't shown on local TV or on cable, and League Pass has Pistons game blacked out for the entire state. I have to use the billing address of a friend in Nevada so I can watch the games.

Unclebuck
04-19-2005, 04:56 PM
For future reference if you want the best league pass you need direct tv. Not all league pass subscriptions are alike.

We have seen that cable and Dish Network will not allow you to see the pre or post game shows Direct TV will. Some cable companies do not have NBA tv and that is inexcusable.

So if you are thinking about getting league pass for next year by all means go get Direct TV (no I do not work for them) When I got mine it was a three room system for 150.00 I got a 150.00 rebate and a 100 gift card to Best Buy. Yes they paid me 100 to buy the system from Best Buy (no I dont work for them either)

I can certainly back you up on all of that

fwpacerfan
04-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Yes you can see the games on NBATV (at least in Fort Wayne). There were 2 or 3 Boston games on last year.