PDA

View Full Version : I HAVE to vent - Reggie Cam.

Jermaniac
04-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Hell yeah, I was walking around my house yelling at the TV, I was about to pull my bat out and smash some ****. JO kept scoring in the first qtr and I couldnt see one basket. Reggie passes the ball and stands there and the damn camera is on him, I was like WTF he isnt doing nothing show the freaking game. I cant belive someone would come up with a dumb *** idea like it, its not like you cant see Reggie when they are showing the game the normal way.

Kstat
04-18-2005, 10:34 PM
the funniest part was when reggie was on the bench: they STILL kept the camera on him :laugh:

Jermaniac
04-18-2005, 10:36 PM
the funniest part was when reggie was on the bench: they STILL kept the camera on him :laugh: Yup Reggie is just sitting there and the Magic are with the ball and they have the cam on Reggie drinking gatorade.

3ptmiller
04-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Hahahah... so funny :D

Ragnar
04-19-2005, 12:02 AM
I would have to say this was the most poorley directed game I have ever seen. I remember the games where TNT spent half the game on Allen Iversons mom.

I complain a lot about the poor state of basketball television coverage a lot but this one takes the cake. Basketball should be just about the easiest sport in the world to broadcast. Just stick with the standard shot all the time and you are fine.

I understand why on the ABC games they show each player every time they score or commit a foul. There are casual fans and that gives them a chance to get to know the players. But if you are watching on leage pass you know who all of those players are and you dont need a closeup each and every time they do something.

SycamoreKen
04-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Umm, I read about that last night on NBA.com and wasn't that the whole point, all Reggie all the time? I can understand if you went into it thinking it was going to be a regular broadcast, but it was advertised that way before it started.

Harddrive7
04-19-2005, 08:30 AM
I think that's a pretty stupid idea and a waste of money.

Ragnar
04-19-2005, 08:54 AM
If it was supposed to be all Reggie all the time they did a crappy job of that as well.

ChicagoJ
04-19-2005, 09:55 AM
I don't think they executed it very well, but I liked the idea.

You learn so much more about a basketball player/ game/ team by watching what goes on without the ball, anyway.

My complaint was the level of zoom. I think the cameras should've tracked Reggie but shot at a wider angle so that more of the game was visible.

One thing I noticed, since the camera didn't just follow the ball the whole game, was that JO actually blocked out a couple of times. :applaud: