PDA

View Full Version : Anothony Johnson suspended one game...

SoupIsGood
04-18-2005, 05:50 PM
I hope Fred is ready to play some PG... :eek:

SoupIsGood
04-18-2005, 05:52 PM
I :love: Stern!

I :love: the fist-throwing jackasses he suspends!

:love: :love: :love:

Where is the love? HERE is the love!

:love:

Harmonica
04-18-2005, 05:53 PM
I knew Reggie's comments about Stern would cost us somehow.

Hicks
04-18-2005, 06:01 PM
I need to see it again to be sure. I don't recall anything resembling a closed fist being swung, but I remember his hand all over Zo's neck after Zo did something him.

Meh. Take a #, AJ.

NotLosingButWinning
04-18-2005, 06:04 PM
at least artest will have some company. :rolleyes:

Since86
04-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I thought it was more of a trying shove to the face. He didn't draw his hand back for it to be considered a punch, unless he's Bruce Lee's long lost love affair child.

All the pacers need to do this season is bend over and "Yes sir, may I have another?"

Lord Helmet
04-18-2005, 06:23 PM
This is pathetic. What a ****ty,sad season. I'll be glad when its over, but not glad about no more Reggie. That said, this doesn't surprise me, well, actually it does because AJ didn't warrant a suspension.

Well, here goes once again.....**** Stern :unimpress

Anthem
04-18-2005, 06:25 PM
And yet we got nothing for Dale... weird. Makeup call?

Here's a question: If the Pacers had announced that Jermaine was going to be back last night, would the league have suspended Dale? I hadn't thought about it, but I could see that kind of a situation happening.

Kegboy
04-18-2005, 06:31 PM
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit] I need a David Stern doll that I can beat the **** out of.

SoupIsGood
04-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Now would be the perfect time to hear...

"... and Jamaal Tinsley has been activated!"

Kegboy
04-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Now would be the perfect time to hear...

"... and Jamaal Tinsley has been activated!"

Too bad they put him on the IR yesterday. :(

ChicagoJ
04-18-2005, 06:37 PM
True, but he delegates the routine stuff.

Bball
04-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Has anyone seen Ragnar? Has he been near a phone today? I bet he had something to do with this ;)

BTW... From the way the Dale Davis 'thing' was described (I had to miss that game and did not record it, and from what I saw of the AJ incident, this confuses me. I never thought at all about AJ being suspended. I was certain Dale would be suspended.

-Bball

ReggieMiller8325
04-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Stern dose it again.

waxman
04-18-2005, 06:43 PM
We should try JO at point...that way he can just take his man down to the post and we don't have to worry about crappy entry passes. :-p

SoupIsGood
04-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Time slowed and reality bent,
yet on and on the eggman went...

ChicagoJ
04-18-2005, 06:45 PM
And back to the primary topic of the thread, I thought AJ swung his elbow. In fact, it looked to me like he was consciously trying to do as much as he could to retaliate for Zo's cheapshot with actually closing his fist and punching.

The NBA has been so careful to define a punch as contact with a closed fist, and players have found other creative ways around that definintion without being suspended.

But I think that we were probably on thin ice for the lightly-punished Dale Davis incident. They gave us an inch and we tried to take a mile.

Does anybody know if Alonzo was at least fined for the cheapshot. The foul was on the drive, there was no reason for Alonzo to follow-through like that. That type of follow-through after the foul used to be an automatic flagrant, and I don't like the ramifications if they continue to permit more and more contact like that after the initial foul is called (can you imagine what a Chuck Daly coached team would do? And then someone would be on talking about how 'brilliant' it is to take advantage of the rules that way and just commit ticky-tack fouls on the drive so that you can clobber the guy on the continuation move without any significant penalty.)

Deadshot
04-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Hopefully there won't be any suspensions in the playoffs - we all hate to see them now, but if Stern has to hand them out for every little thing, let him rid himself of the anger in the regular season. :(

Mushmouth
04-18-2005, 06:59 PM
wow, the subjectivity of these suspensions through this year has been odd. That was a game suspension? Because it was on National TV? It certainly was less emphatic than Dale. I see pushes almost everynight on NBA pass, rarely are they suspensions.

Anyway, tonight will be interesting. Freddie starting at point (he can't shoot w/ his broken knuckle anyway, so pass away FJ!)?

We basically have 3 two-guards starting tonight :laugh:

:mad:

Suaveness
04-18-2005, 07:04 PM
So he did throw a punch?

Harmonica
04-18-2005, 07:05 PM
David Stern made it perfectly clear in his post-brawl press conference that regardless of the official hierarchy in the league office, there is only once voice that matters when it comes to player suspensions of any kind...

I am so sick and tired of people bringing up the brawl! Can't we just move on? ;-)

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Rant on:

Stern wants us to drop to the 7th seed more than anything. He wants us out of the first round asap. He would rather have philly in the 6 seed so that he can market AI. Now that JO is back, Stern figured he would take away our PG so that we just might drop this game and then lose to Chicago. Stern is a Punk and STILL has it out for the Pacers.

This is all just my humble opinion. Stern is the one mug that I just can't stand to look at.

Rant off:

PacerMan
04-18-2005, 09:43 PM
That's such total bull****. That f'ing punk Mourning mugs him on the play, then glares at him like he's just supposed to take it.
F'ing bull****.

SoupIsGood
04-18-2005, 09:44 PM
(Artest)

(Bender)

Jermaniac
04-18-2005, 09:47 PM
I miss AJ

Lord Helmet
04-18-2005, 10:05 PM
(Bender)
:puke:

efx
04-18-2005, 10:39 PM
I can only smile at all these conspiracy theories.
AJ did something that the league has said is not allowed and now he is paying the price. This has nothing to do with the Pacers.

TheHotShot31
04-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Hopefully there won't be any suspensions in the playoffs - we all hate to see them now, but if Stern has to hand them out for every little thing, let him rid himself of the anger in the regular season. :(

Just like how Stern suspended Artest for one game in last year's first round against the Celtics for stepping his feet onto the court when Jermaine and Blount went at it.

ChicagoJ
04-19-2005, 10:50 AM
Just like how Stern suspended Artest for one game in last year's first round against the Celtics for stepping his feet onto the court when Jermaine and Blount went at it.

Your location is Miami - as in Florida? - and you posted that? DisplacedKnick may snap. :D