PDA

View Full Version : When will we know the playoff schedule?

Anthem
04-18-2005, 04:23 PM
I'll be in town Sat. the 30th. It seems like there's a good chance there could be a home game that day. If so, I'd love to go.

How hard is it to get playoff tickets? What are the chances there will be a game that night?

Thanks!

Unclebuck
04-18-2005, 05:12 PM
There is a decent chance the pacers will play at home that night.

Game 1 will be in Boston Sat or Sun night.
Game 2 will be Mon, Tues or Wedneday
Game 3 and 4 will be any combo of Thursday - Sat or Sunday. Or Fri -Sun

I would put the odds at about 50%

Kstat
04-18-2005, 05:14 PM
There is a decent chance the pacers will play at home that night.

Game 1 will be in Boston Sat or Sun night.
Game 2 will be Mon, Tues or Wedneday
Game 3 and 4 will be any combo of Thursday - Sat or Sunday. Or Fri -Sun

I would put the odds at about 50%

UB- of course the odds are %50 that game 1 is on saturday....since there are only 2 options :laugh:

Anthem
04-18-2005, 05:34 PM
It completely destroys season ticket and fan bases, but you can always get seats around the stadium on game day...

What would two decent playoff tickets go for?

I moved out of Indy the month Conseco opened. I've only been to one game in Conseco (thanks Rim!) and don't know the best places to sit. Any suggestions? I don't have a ton of money to blow on tickets, but it's the last time I'd be able to see Reggie in the playoffs. I'd be willing to spend a little more, since it's a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

Kstat
04-18-2005, 06:06 PM
....so THAT'S what those people were trying to buy my tickets......

I was about to tell the guy scalping was illigal, but then I remembered, "this is indiana".......so I really didn't know.

SoupIsGood
04-18-2005, 06:11 PM
It isn't illegal here? :yikes:

I swear, I learn something new every flipping day...

Anthem
04-18-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't have the foggiest what playoff tickets go for. I'm unemployed and buying for 2 people. Anybody got an idea what $50 per ticket will get me?

indytoad
04-18-2005, 06:44 PM
I believe there are still tickets for both games available on Ticketmaster.

IndyToad
Fear my binocle

ChicagoJ
04-18-2005, 06:50 PM
I don't have the foggiest what playoff tickets go for. I'm unemployed and buying for 2 people. Anybody got an idea what $50 per ticket will get me?

That should get you very good balcony seats, but probably won't get you in club or the lower levels.

shags
04-18-2005, 07:09 PM

Jay's right. Look on Ticketmaster, and you should be able to get tickets in the upper level, center court. I've sat there for many games, and it's a pretty decent seat.

SycamoreKen
04-18-2005, 07:24 PM
The Pacers don't have a ticket exchange where season ticket holders can sell their tickets at face value on-line? The Spurs do, see link below, and you can get some decent seats. For last Saturday's game there were 2 front row end seats available at $750 each. As you can see, there are playoff tickets availabel as well.

http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=spurs

Bball
04-18-2005, 07:51 PM
The Pacers don't have a ticket exchange where season ticket holders can sell their tickets at face value on-line? The Spurs do, see link below, and you can get some decent seats. For last Saturday's game there were 2 front row end seats available at $750 each. As you can see, there are playoff tickets availabel as well.

http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=spurs

The Pacers do have that...

-Bball

Unclebuck
04-18-2005, 09:53 PM
UB- of course the odds are %50 that game 1 is on saturday....since there are only 2 options :laugh:

No, I was talking about Sat 4/30

Go on Tickemaster.com. As of yesterday there were pairs together below the balcony.

Anthem
04-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Go on Tickemaster.com. As of yesterday there were pairs together below the balcony.

I can't buy until I know if we'll be in town. I can't know that until they announce the playoff schedule.

Unclebuck
04-18-2005, 11:27 PM
I can't buy until I know if we'll be in town. I can't know that until they announce the playoff schedule.

They will announce the schedule Weddnesday night as the games end and matchups are confirmed.

Kstat
04-18-2005, 11:29 PM
the entire western conference playoff picture could be set tonight as of tonight. might speed the schedule along a bit......

Unclebuck
04-19-2005, 09:31 AM
I feel pretty confident in predicting the two late games Sat and Sun night.

Memphis at Phoenix 9:30 Indy time Sat or Sun
Sacramento at Seattle. 9:30 Indy time Sat or Sun

Reason I'm confident is because those are the only two games played in a later time zone than central.

naptownmenace
04-19-2005, 09:38 AM

$100 should get you 2 balcony seats within the first 6 rows. Make sure to check out EBAY too. You might be able to get 2 club level seats for that price.

I buy my tickets from EBAY most of the time and I almost always get them at or below face value.

If you decide to buy from a scalper, stick to your guns. Don't let him haggle you. If he won't settle for your price... tell him you'll ask the guy down the street. Half the time this will work and you'll get the tickets - sometimes below face value.

Grey
04-19-2005, 09:42 AM

There's only two possible outcomes of the Bulls & Pacers game. If their odds of winning are 50-50, I'm gonna go buy a Lotto ticket. :)

DisplacedKnick
04-19-2005, 10:05 AM
If you decide to buy from a scalper, stick to your guns. Don't let him haggle you. If he won't settle for your price... tell him you'll ask the guy down the street. Half the time this will work and you'll get the tickets - sometimes below face value.

This is partly to answer kstat. I believe the law in Indiana says you can't sell tix for more than a certain amount over face value - I believe it's either 10% or $10.

Of course they aren't officially known as scalpers either - "ticket brokers" sounds so much more respectable!