PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Wednesday's game vs. Bulls?

BigMac
04-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Just wanted to see who is going to the game. As a reminder (if you needed one), this is Reggie's last regular season home game.

Reggie4Three
04-18-2005, 12:04 PM
I am going, but I'm still looking for lower level tickets.

Bball
04-18-2005, 12:04 PM
*Hand raised* :wave:

-Bball

ChicagoJ
04-18-2005, 12:09 PM
I'll be there.

Halftime or pregame meeting, anyone?

heywoode
04-18-2005, 12:11 PM
My wife and I are going with another couple.....Section 227, but we don't care!!

We just want to be there....:D

Mushmouth
04-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Anyone know what the pacers have planned for this night?

I wonder how emotional it will get?

BigMac
04-18-2005, 02:12 PM
I'll be there.

Halftime or pregame meeting, anyone?

I, for one, would like to meet at halftime or any time, Jay.

You have been one of my favorite posters and we share our opinions on most Pacers topics so I just wanted to see if you really exist. ;)

But seriously, I would be up for a halftime meeting (I'm up in the rafters) or pre-game meeting, as well.

Even if it's at the end of a quarter in a hey, nice to meet ya type thing. Whatever works. But it looks like the green guys will be here for game 3 & 4 of the first round! And yes, we don't like the green guys. (My son and daughter always ask when we're watching the game who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. When watching the Pistons game briefly before the Pacers came on, my son asked who were the good guys and I said neither and that the guy in the AFRO was a criminal and a very, very bad man and that he should be in jail). :)

Start 'em young.

travmil
04-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Anyone know what the pacers have planned for this night?

I wonder how emotional it will get?

:wave:

MagicRat
04-18-2005, 02:14 PM
I will be in attendance......

ChicagoJ
04-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I will be in attendance......

This isn't part of your regular package, is it?

MagicRat
04-18-2005, 02:23 PM
This isn't part of your regular package, is it?

Nope. Got on Ticketmaster.com as soon as Reggie officially announced his retirement..........

Kegboy
04-18-2005, 02:27 PM
:wave:

able
04-18-2005, 02:31 PM
MR;

As you are going to the game, will you be able to bring your camera/corder?

I am asking this because I am not going and I am especially interested in the "surround" of the game, pre/ post and intermission where I am sure the organization will do certain things to "honour" Reggie.

I would be in your debt for live footage of that, since I have zero nada niente nul and geen enkel, possibilty to see any of that.

please, pretty please, sugar on top, or whatever bottle it takes, but please :D

efx
04-18-2005, 03:33 PM
I'll be there with my wife. First time ever in Indiana for me.

heywoode
04-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Sure would be nice if they'd allow camcorders just this once....I'll have my still camera there and will take the usual 500 pics or so, but from sec. 227 row 12.....

If video was allowed, I'd take it too and put my wife to work!

Able, did you get my PM?!

Graywolf_59
04-18-2005, 03:49 PM
I'll be courtside for this one :)

Stryder
04-18-2005, 03:56 PM
I'll be there, but in the upper deck...

ChicagoJ
04-18-2005, 03:58 PM
I'll be there, but in the upper deck...

Good, you can bring me that Razz Wheat in person instead of virtually. :D

sixthman
04-18-2005, 10:25 PM
I'll be there. Looks like this is not only ceremonial - we need this win probably, if we want to play Boston.

Shade
04-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Nope. Got on Ticketmaster.com as soon as Reggie officially announced his retirement..........

Ditto. It's the only time I've actually found $10 seats on there (though they were $17 after "service charges.") :unimpress

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-18-2005, 11:14 PM
I'll be there - in spirit.

If there is any rich person in here that wants to fly me to Indy and take me to the game, I'd be forever grateful.

dipperdunk
04-19-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm really torn on this upcoming game. Since finding this site a couple years ago I always root for the Pacers when they aren't playing the 76ers. Only this time around a Pacers loss against the Bulls greatly helps the 76ers chances in the 1st round. I would much rather the 76ers played Boston as opposed to Det or Miami.

A) Should I root for the Pacers to lose ?
B) How could I possibly root for Reggie to lose his last regular season home game ?

The basketball Gods are truly trying to test my loyalty to the 76ers Wednesday night. :laugh:

shags
04-19-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm really torn on this upcoming game. Since finding this site a couple years ago I always root for the Pacers when they aren't playing the 76ers. Only this time around a Pacers loss against the Bulls greatly helps the 76ers chances in the 1st round. I would much rather the 76ers played Boston as opposed to Det or Miami.

A) Should I root for the Pacers to lose ?
B) How could I possibly root for Reggie to lose his last regular season home game ?

The basketball Gods are truly trying to test my loyalty to the 76ers Wddnesday night. :laugh:

B, B, for god sakes B.

I think the Bulls have to go with a Frank Williams/Jannero Pargo backcourt, with a Eric Piatkowski/Lawrence Funderburke/Antonio Davis (for sentimental reasons) frontcourt. Of course, Jared Reiner should come in soon and play often.

No sense in risking injury to Hinrich, Gordon, Chandler, or Nocioni. They need them for the playoffs. And Reggie deserves to win his last regular season home game. It's only right.

owl
04-19-2005, 09:32 AM
I will be there with my sister and my son. Apparently a tribute is planned after the game for Reggie. Will be at midcourt in the first couple rows of the
upper deck.

owl

Unclebuck
04-19-2005, 09:52 AM
I heard a postgame interview Kevin Lee had with David Benner, Pacers media director.

Pacers will have a ceremony after the game. He said even Reggie does not know what they are doing and only a few people in the organization knows. They are keeping it a secret.

My guess - a video montage, that will get the crowd lathered up, followed by some type of gift to Reggie and then Reggie will speak. I expect to see Rik Smits there, Mark Jackson (unless he has to be at ESPN), Vern Fleming and some other former players.

grace
04-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Vern. :love:

ChicagoJ
04-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Okay, there's been lukewarm interest in a 'mini-forum-party' tonight.

But we haven't set a time/ place.

Does anyone else want to do this? I'd say, "everyone come hang out in '204' for the third quarter but there won't be enough room to do that. :shrug:

Speak up now...

MagicRat
04-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Okay, there's been lukewarm interest in a 'mini-forum-party' tonight.

But we haven't set a time/ place.

Does anyone else want to do this? I'd say, "everyone come hang out in '204' for the third quarter but there won't be enough room to do that. :shrug:

Speak up now...

I'm going to have the whole family there, so I don't know if I'll be able to get together or not.

If somebody picks a time and place I'll do my best.......

Doug
04-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Why doesn't everybody just give MagicRat your seat numbers and he can put together a virtual forum party after the game? :-)

ChicagoJ
04-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Last time we had an in-game get-together we met at halftime, in the balcony level, overlooking the grand entryway. For all practical purposes, that's right outside of Section 201.

Unless anyone has a better idea, let's try that. If you can't make it, but want to swing by Section 204 and say "hi", you probably know where to find me (or PM me *soon* and I'll give you the exact co-ordinates.

MSA2CF
04-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Those scheduled to take part in the ceremony include Pacers owners Mel and Herb Simon, CEO Donnie Walsh, team president Larry Bird, former Pacer Mark Jackson and Miller's sister Cheryl.

beast23
04-20-2005, 01:00 PM
I'll be there.

If DJ Paul B were to look straight left, he'd see me in one of the corner suites.

Tonight should be just like a playoff game for us. Chicago has nothing to play for... they can't move up and they can't move down. Unfortunately, they are coached by Skiles, who only knows one thing... and that's to play to win. Otherwise, it might be an easy W.

Also, Reggie needs what? 4 3-pointers to get 100 for a 16th straight season?

Kegboy
04-20-2005, 01:11 PM
I might swing by. The thing is, I don't want to miss any Reggie stuff. If they start shooting T-shirts into the stands or have another parachute drop, I'll probably come over.

grace
04-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Since I'm pretty sure the ceremony is after the game I kind of doubt half time will have anything to do with Reggie. If it does it'll probably be that guy who paints. If you don't know what I'm talking about you haven't really missed anything.

MagicRat
04-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Since I'm pretty sure the ceremony is after the game I kind of doubt half time will have anything to do with Reggie. If it does it'll probably be that guy who paints. If you don't know what I'm talking about you haven't really missed anything.

If they have a really cool fan contest at halftime, maybe something like shooting backwards three pointers:fingerscr, there's no way I can make it to any sort of gathering........

grace
04-20-2005, 01:50 PM
I tend to hang out in the women's restroom. It's very spacious if you'd rather hang out there. There's two water fountains right outside if you get thirsty.:cheers:

MSA2CF
04-20-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm there--game, not restroom. :D