PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we got the Heat's attention...Artest sighting, eeks !!!!!

Unclebuck
04-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Yes I know Shaq did not play in the second half and I am not about to say the Pacers or the Heat played a great game, but the intensity was very high and you could see the Heat really, really wanted to win this game. If the pacers weren't down by 10 points at halftime they win the game.

Interestingly, J.O and Dale did not play at the same time until the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter, so we didn't get a good feel for how that is going to work.

Side note: Seeing Artest working out, man I wished ABC had never shown that, I mean really, I enjoyed it for a second, but it was too much of a remainder. Showing that to me is like handing a recovering alcoholic his favorite drink. I had another drink, had just a little taste and I feel I might go off the deep end. I'm getting a little woozy

Lord Helmet
04-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Yes I know Shaq did not play in the second half and I am not about to say the Pacers or the Heat played a great game, but the intensity was very high and you could see the Heat really, really wanted to win this game. If the pacers weren't down by 10 points at halftime they win the game.

Interestingly, J.O and Dale did not play at the same time until the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter, so we didn't get a good feel for how that is going to work.

Side note: Seeing Artest working out, man I wished ABC had never shown that, I mean really, I enjoyed it it for a second, but it was too much of a remainder. Showing that to me is like handing a recovering alcoholic his favorite drink. I had another drink, had just a taste I and feel I might go off the deep end. I'm getting a little woozy
Yeah, I know what you mean. Ron looked good. :) :( Well, you can thank our favorite NBA comminsoner, DDDDDAAAAAVVIID SSSSSTTTTEEERRRN!!!!

Also, calling a flagrant on Jermaine was completely retarded and BS.

ReggieMiller8325
04-17-2005, 06:27 PM
guess what else is BS THE REFS.

Jermaniac
04-17-2005, 06:28 PM
I hope someone who recorded this game can put up the video of Ron working out. I would like to see it since the *******s didnt show the game out west.

ReggieMiller8325
04-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Pacer fans can you tell me why the refs called like nothing for us.

SoupIsGood
04-17-2005, 06:32 PM
I think we got their attention when we eliminated them last year. ;)

It will be interesting to see how Artest turns out next year. If he can stay on the court, I think he really will be incredible.

I really like how Pollard and Dale defend Shaq, Dale stepping over to double seems to be pretty effective. Dale has scary long arms.

I like the fact that James seems to be playing a lot more, because if we play the Pistons in the playoffs, I want him to play quite a bit. A James/Steve combo at the SF and SG should be pretty effective on the defensive end.

But that also leaves Reggie out in the cold. :unimpress

Lord Helmet
04-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Pacer fans can you tell me why the refs called like nothing for us.
You talking to me? I really don't know. I don't think the officiating was terrible, but, it can always be better. I thought Jermaine had some no-calls. And, I really really think they just overreacted and gave Jermaine a flagrant, which was stupid on their part.

Unclebuck
04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
I don't really want to turn this into an Artest thread, but he looked to be in great shape and they showed him doing what I would call a hard workout, doing defensive drills, much more than a light workout.

To change the subject. Did anyone else think Dale looked either tired, stiff or just old today ?

ReggieMiller8325
04-17-2005, 06:35 PM
no serious guys i saw a bunch of fouls like on freddy and gill they got like 3 non calls each.

Unclebuck
04-17-2005, 06:36 PM
The Pacers got their share of calls today. The officiating my not have been good, but the officiating was good or bad both ways

Lord Helmet
04-17-2005, 06:37 PM
*TROLL ALARM* Be on alert for Miami trolls *TROLL ALARM*

EDIT-Just a heads up.

SoupIsGood
04-17-2005, 06:39 PM
To change the subject. Did anyone else think Dale looked either tired, stiff or just old today ?

He's looked like that a lot lately.

Another question: Is Dale going to be able to hold down that starting spot next year? I really hope his great play of late wasn't just a result of finally returning to Indy (emotions), and having sat the bench the entire year (very little wear and tear).

We shot 35% percent this game. The Heat played pretty good defense, but we still just couldn't hit a shot to save our lives. Disappointing.

Unclebuck
04-17-2005, 06:42 PM
He's looked like that a lot lately.

Another question: Is Dale going to be able to hold down that starting spot next year? I really hope his great play of late wasn't just a result of finally returning to Indy (emotions), and having sat the bench the entire year (very little wear and tear).

We shot 35% percent this game. The Heat played pretty good defense, but we still just couldn't hit a shot to save our lives. Disappointing.

Well Dale has been playing about 30 minutes a game which is too much, but next season with J.O and Artest, Dale won't have to play more than 25 minutes, and I would think he'll average about 23 minutes per. I don't know if that is too much.

DisplacedKnick
04-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Dale was very flat-footed on several rebounds in the 2nd half. I remember thinking to myself (and this is the first time since he's re-joined the team), "Jeff would probably have gotten that one."

I thought Stephen Jackson got badly lost on defense several times - really lost his man for open shots.

The key to the game was that stretch in the 4th where the Heat were up (I think) 71-70. The Pacers made several stops, came back down and missed some good looks - ball rimming in-and-out o a couple. Next thing you know, the Heat were up 5. I had a sense that if Indy had gotten a couple of those and gone up 3-4 it would have been their game but it didn't happen. Good effort though, from both teams.

Anthem
04-17-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm hoping Dale can hold the starting spot and give us half a game at the center spot. If he does that next year, then I'll be completely happy.

Evan_The_Dude
04-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Figures the one day I have to asctually watch a Pacers game they decide not to show it on the west coast :rolleyes:

sixthman
04-18-2005, 12:28 AM

I thought the same thing. UnDale like, he failed to block out and lost a rebound late in the fourth quarter that really cost us. He needs a rest.

3ptmiller
04-18-2005, 01:33 AM

Side note: Seeing Artest working out, man I wished ABC had never shown that, I mean really, I enjoyed it for a second, but it was too much of a remainder. Showing that to me is like handing a recovering alcoholic his favorite drink. I had another drink, had just a little taste and I feel I might go off the deep end. I'm getting a little woozy

Are u sure it wasnt physical attraction :eyebrow: