PDA

View Full Version : Reggie "Please Stay" Billboard

realtyczar
04-16-2005, 01:58 PM
http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=261&threadID=1613296&lastPostID=8806955

Sorry if you all have seen this. I personally like the idea. Reggie is playing like a young man as of late and I certaily hope he can be persuaded to stick around another season.

SoupIsGood
04-16-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm fine with Reggie retiring this season, it really is time to move on.

SjA3837
04-16-2005, 02:54 PM
It would be neat

Lord Helmet
04-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Reggie won't be back.... :( Still if they can get it done, I think it'll be neat.

SjA3837
04-16-2005, 03:00 PM
It'd be cool to have one up, and on the bottom have Pacersdigest.com or something.

Lord Helmet
04-16-2005, 03:01 PM
It'd be cool to have one up, and on the bottom have Pacersdigest.com or something.
Yes. :devil:

PacerMan
04-16-2005, 03:28 PM
They are very expensive. :)

FiestyFosterFanatic
04-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Can we get one right next to it that says "Suck it up Bender" or "Pack your Bags Bender"

Unclebuck
04-16-2005, 09:49 PM
I say we respect Reggie's decision and enjoy his last few games

Sollozzo
04-16-2005, 11:37 PM
I think Reggie is playing so good because he is giving every ounce of what he has left in these final few games.

I honestly don't think Reggie could play like this an entire season next year.

I think since he knows this is it for him, he is just giving it all he has.

Evan_The_Dude
04-16-2005, 11:57 PM
I think Reggie is playing so good because he is giving every ounce of what he has left in these final few games.

I honestly don't think Reggie could play like this an entire season next year.

I think since he knows this is it for him, he is just giving it all he has.

I bet you anything if enough people said that, then Reggie would come back just to prove everybody wrong. "I Love Being The Enemy" comes to mind here.

Speed Freak
04-17-2005, 12:07 AM
In my opinion, a "Thank you, Reggie" billboard would be more appropriate. Y'know, Reggie may be playing very well and that's great, but its his decision. When you're tired of doing it, then you stop. Reggie has been playing basketball longer than most people's careers last these days. He's made plenty of money. He's had plenty of great moments to remember. It's time for him to step away and pursue other dreams.

Maybe he's tired of having a soar 39-year-old most days of the week. Maybe he's tired of not being able to sleep in his own bed every night. There are so many reasons to retire other than, "I just can't play well enough anymore". To me, retiring because you can't do anymore means you stuck around just a little too long. It taints the legend and history of Reggie Miller. The kids who see him play now may never understand what "Miller Time!" really meant. And the longer he plays, the further he will drift from that image and legacy.

Let's thank him for the great times and memories and let him move on. He's supported this city for nearly two decades. Let's support him now.

Thanks Reggie! Good luck in retirement.

Sollozzo
04-17-2005, 12:37 AM
I bet you anything if enough people said that, then Reggie would come back just to prove everybody wrong. "I Love Being The Enemy" comes to mind here.

You don't think Reggie would agree that he is giving every single ounce he has left right now? I think it's pretty obvious.

Eindar
04-17-2005, 05:43 AM
Think Reggie will eat a double whopper and a large shake the first day of his retirement? I would. I'd get a large fry, too.