PDA

View Full Version : I want the Celtics!!!

TheHotShot31
04-16-2005, 12:09 AM
I remember feeling so depressed the year the Celtics upset the Pacers in 2003 and i want PAY BACK! Yes i know, the Pacers swept them last year, but they were a horrible playoff team. Now that they are competitive, beating them in the first round would feel so freakin sweet.

Oh yea, im tired of Boston!

Anthem
04-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Plus, they're the only team within reach... :chin:

I agree though. I'll feel fine about getting the Celtics, especially since we'll have homecourt against them. We're currently 2 games ahead of Philly for that spot. As long as we win 2 of our remaining games we shouldn't have any problem holding it.

Kegboy
04-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Well, they don't have Eric Williams and Waltah anymore, so that's a plus. God damn those two killed us. :shakehead

Kegboy
04-16-2005, 12:15 AM
especially since we'll have homecourt against them

Not so fast. We're currently one game behind them in the standings. :(

Anthem
04-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Let's do the math:
We play Miami on Sunday, Orlando on Monday, and Chicago on Wednesday.
Philly plays Jersey on Sunday, Milwaukee on Monday, and Atlanta on Wednesday.

Worst-case scenario: We lose to Miami and Chicago, but beat Orlando. Philly wins all three games. We're currently 43-36, while Philly is 41-38. If they win all three of their games and we only win one, we'll end up tied at 44-48. Philly wins the tiebreaker.

So I guess there is a possibility of us losing our 6 seed... we either need to win 2 of our remaining games or we need Philly to lose one.

Go Jersey!

Anthem
04-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Not so fast. We're currently one game behind them in the standings. :(

You're right, they won tonight. Hmm... :chin:

They play Toronto on Sunday, Cleveland on Tuesday, and NJ on Wednesday.

We need them to lose one more game than us in the remainder of the season. IIRC, we own the tiebreaker.

There's no two ways around it. We need two of our next three games.

Kegboy
04-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Go Jersey!

NJ's on a real tear right now. I fully expect them to overtake Cleveland in the standings, and in so doing, hopefully they'll beat Boston and Philly for us as well.

SoupIsGood
04-16-2005, 12:35 AM
We would lose a seven games series against any team not named Atlanta. =/

sweabs
04-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Go Jersey!

That Raptors/Nets game was a riot to watch. I was actually feeling sorry for Vince, because that was a TOUGH crowd. He really handed it to the entire country tonight though.

Anthem
04-16-2005, 02:21 AM
We would lose a seven games series against any team not named Atlanta. =/

:sunshine:

Cactus Jax
04-16-2005, 07:10 AM
That Raptors/Nets game was a riot to watch. I was actually feeling sorry for Vince, because that was a TOUGH crowd. He really handed it to the entire country tonight though.

I don't feel any remorse for Carter. He deserved everything he got and then some. The guy said he QUIT on the team, and didn't give 100% to the fans who pay money to see him.

I swear Carter is a younger Jalen Rose with more athleticism. Both are extremely talented offensively, but have no desire to play defense, an dwant to be the main offensive focus for the team.