PDA

View Full Version : Croshere

Unclebuck
04-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Yes I know he had 15 rebounds. But there were times tonight when he was horrible, in fact he was horrible for about 24 of his 25 minutes.

It is not my style to rip Pacers players in my posts especially for poor shooting. But we need to face the facts about Croshere.

He is not a very good shooter. He is wide open pretty much all the time, teams don't seem to be too worried about him shooting.

For the season he is shooting 39% from the field, and 27% from three point range. There are 8 players on the PACERS team that shoots better from 3 point range. And Croshere is supposed to be a good shooter. He is supposedly needed to space the floor.

Well tonight he was 0 for 12 and believe me he was wide open all night long. Pacers shot 34% tonight as a team. If you take away Croshere's 0 for 12 the Pacers would have shot 40% as a team.

Isn't Croshere supposed to be able to shoot. The argument is the pacers need a shooter at the power forward spot, well maybe they do, and I suggest they go out a find one over the summer

Anthem
04-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Welcome to my bandwagon, UncleBuck.

There's nothing Cro gives us on the court that can't be replaced by Donyell Marshall. I'd trade both Cro and Bender for expiring contracts and draft picks.

TheSauceMaster
04-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Croshere is a streaky shooter and always has been. He had a bad night for sure but just when your about give up he comes back and has a good game , really he just looked tired and not into the game. I noticed he was leaning over alot like his back was bothering him alot tonight or maybe he's just outta juice , I swear I heard AL or Quinn mention something about his back tonight during the game.

Natston
04-15-2005, 11:52 PM
And to think people knock Zeke for being inconsistent with Croshere's playing time...

Unclebuck
04-15-2005, 11:52 PM
Welcome to my bandwagon, UncleBuck.

There's nothing Cro gives us on the court that can't be replaced by Donyell Marshall. I'd trade both Cro and Bender for expiring contracts and draft picks.

I've always had a love hate thing with Croshere. I think he is a hard worker, a good teammate, and a very good guy and the best interview on the team. But I don't like his game. His shooting is so overrated it is unbelievable, in fact the idea that he is a good shooter is a myth of epic proportions

I hated Isiah, and his substitution patterns were bizarre, but I was not one of those that thought he should have played more. Although I did post thatr I wished IT would pick a substitution pattern and stick with it, whether Cro is in it or not.

I'm sure Cro is banged up, and yes he had a bad shooting night. But hs is the 9th best three point shooter on the Pacers team.

Kegboy
04-15-2005, 11:55 PM
I don't blame Cro for us losing. He sucks, we all know he sucks, he shoots like crap all the time, but at least he mitigated that with all the boards.

No, I blame Dale for being a punk-*** idiot, or, as Peck would no doubt put it, a "real man". :rollout:

Question, am I the only one who feels that Dale just cost us home-court? Looking at everyone else's schedule, I'd say it's pretty damn likely.

TheSauceMaster
04-15-2005, 11:55 PM
And to think people knock Zeke for being inconsistent with Croshere's playing time...

And how many times has AC played this year with a ton of injuries and still did a servicable job ? I think AC has had more good games this year than not so good games , even Reggie had a off night but no one's gonna complain about that :-p

Jermaniac
04-15-2005, 11:57 PM
He is horrible, if his shot isnt falling he is useless. He was open for 10 of his 12 shots and all of them fell short.

Kegboy
04-15-2005, 11:58 PM
I hated Isiah

You sure did hide it well back in the day. :innocent:

Back on topic, just to open up a whole mess of worms for the fun of it, how does everyone feel Cro would be viewed if he wasn't white?

Unclebuck
04-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Question, am I the only one who feels that Dale just cost us home-court? Looking at everyone else's schedule, I'd say it's pretty damn likely.

Looks like we'll open on the road at Boston next weekend. No way we catch the Bulls.

Keg, There you go again, suggesting that I liked IT. Don't want to bore everyone, but I thought I explained myself on IT

Kegboy
04-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Looks like we'll open on the road at Boston next weekend. No way we catch the Bulls

Yup. Hopefully we can exact revenge for The Great Collapse. That was 3-6 as well.

Natston
And how many times has AC played this year with a ton of injuries and still did a servicable job ? I think AC has had more good games this year than not so good games , even Reggie had a off night but no one's gonna complain about that :-p

THe point is that Cro has been shooting badly all season and I'm a little tipsy at the moment. At some points Foster has been better offensively that Cro yeat plays better D, so I don't think he should be starting like PEck thinks h :devil: e should...

Unclebuck

Reggie is not shooting 26% from three point range abnd 39% overall. If he was, there would be mnany people ripping him

The reason why I'm making such a big deal out of Cro's shooting % is because he either gets open jumpers or drives to the hoop. He is not asked to create anything for himself or a teammate. He gets his shots off of the other players. He is not a guy you just throw the ball to and say create something.

Kegboy
04-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Keg, There you go again, suggesting that I liked IT. Don't want to bore everyone, but I thought I explained myself on IT

As I remember it, Isiah's 3 biggest (or, to be honest, only) defenders were myself, Anthem, and you. You didn't always agree with what he did, but you defended him much, much more than you spoke against him.

FiestyFosterFanatic
04-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Croshere hasn't shot the 3 ball good all year. Everytime I see him shoot it, I yell. He should just gingerly throw the ball out of bounds everytime, that's basically what it is, a turnover.

Anthem
04-16-2005, 12:09 AM
As I remember it, Isiah's 3 biggest (or, to be honest, only) defenders were myself, Anthem, and you. You didn't always agree with what he did, but you defended him much, much more than you spoke against him.

Wait, you forgot NewYawk! :laugh:

Yup, that's about right. Unclebuck has the same thing that Kstat has, only not nearly as bad. He defended Zeke because Zeke was the Pacer coach.

I defended Zeke because people had an irrational desire to hate whatever he did, even if it was exactly the same thing they'd been harping on him to do the day before.

I don't remember what your deal was.

shockedandchagrined
04-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Shooting is about confidence. At the line Croshere thinks he'll make every one, and he nearly does. From the field he has absolutely bottomed out this year. He has zero confidence, maby negative confience if that's possible. I've never seen such a disparity. I mean how many time can a professional player shoot the ball, and not make just one to satisfy the law of averages.

grace
04-16-2005, 12:13 AM
I don't blame Austin for us losing. I do think the rebounds cancelled out his poor shooting. I do blame everyone who passed the ball to him.

And then there's the whole Dale issue, but I would assume there's a thread around here somewhere about that. If not I'll start one.

Unclebuck
04-16-2005, 12:19 AM

I don't know how I can prove it to you.

I'm a huge believer of using a regular substitution pattern. And in year two when IT came out in mid December and said that now they would focus and practice defense I about had a a heart attack

Kegboy
04-16-2005, 12:26 AM
I don't remember what your deal was.

It was a combination of things. I hated it when Isiah was hired, I thought it was an insanely stupid move. But he won me over, because he tried to do things differently. My biggest complaint about Bird was he was so god damn predictible (which is why we came an inch away from losing in the first round of 2000, but that's another story.) Isiah changed things up, tried different things, kept things interesting, and in doing so, made games much more fun for me.

Also, as I said in my first article last year, I'm a total non-conformist. If everybody else is ripping somebody, I just have to defend him. It's too much fun. :devil:

Wait, you forgot NewYawk! :laugh:

Uh, let's not go there. Him and Speed were my two favorite posters when I first joined RATS. That is, until he completely lost his freakin' mind. :shudder:

Anthem
04-16-2005, 12:29 AM
It was a combination of things. I hated it when Isiah was hired, I thought it was an insanely stupid move. But he won me over, because he tried to do things differently. My biggest complaint about Bird was he was so god damn predictible (which is why we came an inch away from losing in the first round of 2000, but that's another story.) Isiah changed things up, tried different things, kept things interesting, and in doing so, made games much more fun for me.

Also, as I said in my first article last year, I'm a total non-conformist. If everybody else is ripping somebody, I just have to defend him. It's too much fun. :devil:

I could have written that post and it would have exactly expressed my feelings (better than my previous post, in fact). Plus, you like Primoz. We're like long-lost twins or something.

SoupIsGood
04-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Croshere hasn't shot the 3 ball good all year. Everytime I see him shoot it, I yell. He should just gingerly throw the ball out of bounds everytime, that's basically what it is, a turnover.

Not 26% of the time. =/

Peck
04-16-2005, 12:46 AM
This thread is fun. Lots of truth is being said without being said kind of stuff going on here.

I read U.B. & I can only grin with a memory of what I was like for 5 years. No matter how good the Pacers play, no matter how far they go in the playoffs it he will always be right there on the edge waiting for the first slip or faulter. Why? It's pretty simple, it's hard to watch a team that is missing your favorite player isn't it? Welcome to my world for the last 4 1/2 years.

Croshere grabs 15 boards & plays solid defense & hits his free throws. How does he look at it? He goes 0-12 from the field. Of course going 0-12 is horrid & does suck so it's hard to fault him for pointing it out.

But I just get the slight feeling way way way down deep in the pit of my stomach that even if J.O. came back & even if we won a title there would still be something missing from U.B.'s world.

Now to another truth.

I was not an Isiah Thomas hater. I was never a great fan, but I defended him more than most because I felt that he was getting the blame for things that were never his fault. Much like Anthem I always felt there was irrational hatred for him & I could never figure out why.

Lastly Dale Davis being a real man. Yip. Damn straight. The only thing that would have been better would have been if Dale had gone over & punched Iverson before leaving the floor but that was to much to ask for. ;)

You see I don't advocate violence nor do I want to see fights. But at least Dale stood face to face like the Warrior he is & didn't wait till Dalembert was going up for a dunk later in the game & give him some weak @ss shove. He didn't puff out his cheeks, clinch his fists & act like he wanted to do something while standing there hopeing that his assistant coach would hold him back.

He stood toe to toe. Well, let me rephrase that he stood on his feet & had to chase Dalembert because he kept running away.

Roll your eyes all you want. Maybe we could get Dale some seats opposite the Pacemates so he can watch them (how is it you put it? Oh yea) adjust themselves. Maybe that would make him a real man for you? :whoknows:

grace
04-16-2005, 12:50 AM
I've got a question about Austin. Why is he the one who always ends up pulling away our player or coach who is getting into a ref/opposing player's face?

There were 3 other Pacers on the floor when Dale got into it with [not gonna try to spell his name]. Whenever Rick gets into it with a ref Austin (if he's in the game) is the one who pushes Rick back towards the bench until Mike Brown can grab him and pull him back to his seat.

SoupIsGood
04-16-2005, 12:59 AM
This thread is fun. Lots of truth is being said without being said kind of stuff going on here.

I read U.B. & I can only grin with a memory of what I was like for 5 years. No matter how good the Pacers play, no matter how far they go in the playoffs it he will always be right there on the edge waiting for the first slip or faulter. Why? It's pretty simple, it's hard to watch a team that is missing your favorite player isn't it? Welcome to my world for the last 4 1/2 years.

Croshere grabs 15 boards & plays solid defense & hits his free throws. How does he look at it? He goes 0-12 from the field. Of course going 0-12 is horrid & does suck so it's hard to fault him for pointing it out.

But I just get the slight feeling way way way down deep in the pit of my stomach that even if J.O. came back & even if we won a title there would still be something missing from U.B.'s world.

Now to another truth.

I was not an Isiah Thomas hater. I was never a great fan, but I defended him more than most because I felt that he was getting the blame for things that were never his fault. Much like Anthem I always felt there was irrational hatred for him & I could never figure out why.

Lastly Dale Davis being a real man. Yip. Damn straight. The only thing that would have been better would have been if Dale had gone over & punched Iverson before leaving the floor but that was to much to ask for. ;)

You see I don't advocate violence nor do I want to see fights. But at least Dale stood face to face like the Warrior he is & didn't wait till Dalembert was going up for a dunk later in the game & give him some weak @ss shove. He didn't puff out his cheeks, clinch his fists & act like he wanted to do something while standing there hopeing that his assistant coach would hold him back.

He stood toe to toe. Well, let me rephrase that he stood on his feet & had to chase Dalembert because he kept running away.

Roll your eyes all you want. Maybe we could get Dale some seats opposite the Pacemates so he can watch them (how is it you put it? Oh yea) adjust themselves. Maybe that would make him a real man for you? :whoknows:

Dale is like another Artest, but better.

Why better?

He will be retiring sooner. =/

Peck
04-16-2005, 01:05 AM

Why better?

Let me tell you the differance between Dale & Ron.

Dale went to Samuel Dalembert & confronted him.

Ron would have run down the court & kicked Kyle Korver from behind.

Dale confronted a player who swung an elbow in his face.

Ron would have cheap shoted a smaller player because he had been beaten to the bucket several times by a totally differant player.

Players do not want to mess with Dale Davis.

Players will go out of their way to mess with Ron Artest.

I had no fear that Dale would go after a fan (granted it was a home game)

I will never not have a fear that Ron will go after a fan.

Actually now that I think about it, Ron & Dale are going to be perfect together.

Come on Uncle Buck, let's ride together. :buddies:

Kegboy
04-16-2005, 01:09 AM

Oh man, hit me where it hurts why don't you. :laugh:

I'd rather a guy be smart enough not to blow the game in such a situation than be a "real man", but that's just me. And weren't you saying time and time again that Dale would have been a peacemaker on 11/19? Sure didn't look like a peacemaker to me tonight.

And, as nice as it would have been for Dale to knock AI one as well, it wouldn't be worth him staying at home with Ron the rest of the year. Plus, if Dale had done such a thing, that would automatically make him a wuss, since Iverson is significantly smaller than him. :-p

SoupIsGood
04-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Actually now that I think about it, Ron & Dale are going to be perfect together.

Come on Uncle Buck, let's ride together. :buddies:

I am trying to send out a pessimistic tribute to a former poster, but I can't help but laugh at this.
:laugh: :laugh:

=/

PacerMan
04-16-2005, 01:14 AM
You sure did hide it well back in the day. :innocent:

Back on topic, just to open up a whole mess of worms for the fun of it, how does everyone feel Cro would be viewed if he wasn't white?

I think he'd look darker.

Kegboy
04-16-2005, 01:17 AM
I think he'd look darker.

I'd like to know what he'd look like if he wasn't from Santa Monica and played Volleyball. He'd probably be translucent.

waterjater
04-16-2005, 01:42 AM
Dale cost us big time tonight!! And I'm a big Dale fan. We needed him to ensure we kept the 6th seed or better and he failed us tonight big time.

We win this game and we can't fall to the 7th or 8th seed. Now we can...... Real disappointing after all the work they did to get into the playoffs.

Water

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-16-2005, 01:57 AM
I can't blame this loss on DD getting ejected. Most of the Sixer points are jump shots or fast break layups. We just weren't shooting the ball well in the fourth quarter. That's it. Reggie wasn't on and Jax gave all he could. Cro took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many threes and shots in general. We blew the fourth. I can't blame Dale for the loss.

Arcadian
04-16-2005, 02:18 AM
This is how I have always felt about Cro's play the majority of the time. I usually want to hold on to Pacer players because they are Pacers. Cro is the one player I wish we could have traded a while ago.

Peck
04-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Oh man, hit me where it hurts why don't you. :laugh:

I'd rather a guy be smart enough not to blow the game in such a situation than be a "real man", but that's just me. And weren't you saying time and time again that Dale would have been a peacemaker on 11/19? Sure didn't look like a peacemaker to me tonight.

And, as nice as it would have been for Dale to knock AI one as well, it wouldn't be worth him staying at home with Ron the rest of the year. Plus, if Dale had done such a thing, that would automatically make him a wuss, since Iverson is significantly smaller than him. :-p

Nope, I never said that Dale would have been a peacemaker on 11/19. I said he never would have cheap shotted Ben so it wouldn't have been an issue. But had he done so & had Ben done to him what he did to Ron I assure you Ben & Dale would have been at it on the floor where it should have been.

Yes, I know it is hypocritical on my part to wish for Dale to go after A.I. but in his case I'm willing to make an exception. :D

Anthem
04-16-2005, 03:20 AM
Let me tell you the differance between Dale & Ron.

Dale went to Samuel Dalembert & confronted him.

Ron would have run down the court & kicked Kyle Korver from behind.

Dale confronted a player who swung an elbow in his face.

Ron would have cheap shoted a smaller player because he had been beaten to the bucket several times by a totally differant player.

Players do not want to mess with Dale Davis.

Players will go out of their way to mess with Ron Artest.

I disagree with half of that.

Peck
04-16-2005, 04:43 AM
Now back to the point of the post. (well in truth it's not the point of the post, Ron Artest not being on the team is the underlying post but let's just play along with U.B. on this)

Croshere's shooting has gone into the toilet this season. I cringe whenever he takes any kind of shot that is not a freethrow & I just don't know what happened.

He was never a great shooter but he could shoot. But God 0-12????? That's just not acceptable.

I know this may not be right but it does seem to me that he has not been the same since he had the rib injury. Is that about the time his shot totally vanished?

Now about the haters that have appeared. You could pretty much write this season off early on if it weren't for Austin. He got us through a very rough stretch. I don't take away credit from the other players, but Austin was solid for the first month of the season.

He has a horrid contract that he will never ever be able to live up to, but he is a good player who would play big min. on other teams. He would never be a star but he could play a big role on lots of teams.

ABADays
04-16-2005, 08:32 AM
I cannot begin to count the number of times over the past year I defended Reggie. I'm not going to turn on Austin either. Most players going 0-12 would not have gotten 15 rebounds because they would not have tried. Austin found a way to help his team during a bad shooting night. Once again, Cro has always done things to try and help his team. As for the comment about his being white . . . :unimpress

sixthman
04-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Well tonight he was 0 for 12 and believe me he was wide open all night long. Pacers shot 34% tonight as a team. If you take away Croshere's 0 for 12 the Pacers would have shot 40% as a team.

Isn't Croshere supposed to be able to shoot. The argument is the pacers need a shooter at the power forward spot, well maybe they do, and I suggest they go out a find one over the summer

I don't ever remember UB offering something this radical. :blush:

You know something is wrong when James Jones is used as a power forward, as he has sometimes been in recent games.

Of course, if JO were playing, backup would not be as much an issue, as the backups wouldn't be playing 48 minutes.

RWB
04-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Playing Freud here I guess but I suspect the real problem with everyone being in a bad mood is we have finally realized this team really is a 7th or 8th seed until we get some people back.

sixthman
04-16-2005, 09:38 AM
I've got a question about Austin. Why is he the one who always ends up pulling away our player or coach who is getting into a ref/opposing player's face?

There were 3 other Pacers on the floor when Dale got into it with [not gonna try to spell his name]. Whenever Rick gets into it with a ref Austin (if he's in the game) is the one who pushes Rick back towards the bench until Mike Brown can grab him and pull him back to his seat.

Glad you mentioned Cro's peace keeping. My wife and I always comment when this happens, that Cro wants to be a cop who takes domestic runs when he grows up.

sixthman
04-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Dale cost us big time tonight!! And I'm a big Dale fan. We needed him to ensure we kept the 6th seed or better and he failed us tonight big time.

It would have been better if Dale had stayed in the game, but Philly losing Dalembert was just as big a blow for them as us losing Dale. We were not winning when Sam and Dale did their extra curriculars.

skyfire
04-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Does Cro play significantly better alongside JO?

I'm not sure if i'm remembering this right, but was his play slightly more consistant earlier this season in two somewhat distinct periods. An initial burst right after the brawl where the whole team was playing on adrenaline and the period when JO was back from suspension. Now we have no JO again he is struggling in the faster moving play.

I still think that Cro can be a quality player in the NBA on the right team. I think he would be perfect for Houston. When he doesn't have a quality post player drawing the D his drives are not as effective, when his shot deserts him he has nothing. He hasn't ever really shown that he can play even somewhat consistant when he is getting consistant minutes. The dynamic nature of this season has seriously diminished his effectiveness.

Drewtone
04-16-2005, 10:01 AM
One thing about Cro's shooting.... hasn't his shoulder been screwed up all season? I know he had major injury problems earlier and he was playing through them out of necessity. About 2 weeks ago, there was another blip about 'the walking wounded', and they mentioned that Austin could't raise his arm above his shoulder.

I'd imagine this has affected his shot, as he's always been somewhat reliable fro outside.

sixthman
04-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Why is Cro taking 12 shots from the perimeter anyway? He is our power forward, ladies and gentlemen. A power forward, first and foremost, should have a back-to-the-basket post up game. Cro has almost none. That's his biggest liability.

Indyfan
04-16-2005, 10:21 AM
I cringed everytime Cro took a shot last night, but I also thought he was due to make one by the end. He mostly took wide open 3's (if I remember correctly) and by the end of the game they weren't paying much attention defensively to him so he got a lot of good looks. He has won games for us this year, as has everyone on this team, it just wouldn't fall for him last night. Is he ever going to live up to his contract? No way! But he is a true pro and a good leader for our younger guys about staying ready, not whining and playing through injuries! He doesn't complain or make excuses and he does whatever he is asked.

Reggie had such an off night for him, I thought he was overdue to make one by the end and they just wouldn't fall! Frustrating way to lose for sure but lets be realistic, this team shouldn't be anywhere near where they are right now considering our best players being out! I think we have all sort of come to expect this bunch of role players and back ups along with Reggie to keep winning despite the fact that we just aren't that good without our other players. They have given us a hell of a ride this year and it isn't over yet but reality sets in at times and that is what happened last night.

All year they have come through when things looked really bad, they hopefully will do it again. I don't expect us to beat Miami Sunday, esp. with Miami losing 4 straight and our having beat them 3 times this year already, they will be ready for us. But I have come to the realization that this team cannot be written off either. I don't want to face Detroit in the first round so I really hope we can keep the 6th seed, but if that is the way it goes I know we will come to play and won't give up until the final buzzer of the final game. That is all we can ask.

Unclebuck
04-16-2005, 10:36 AM
I don't hate Croshere, in fact after the Nets game I said his flagrant foul he commited on Vince Carter changed that game around. He hustles and I like that, he is a good rebounder (although I was shocked, shocked I tell you to find out he had 15 rebounds last night, it did not seem like he had more than 8 or 9)

Two main points:

1) I get sick and tired of fans at the game (there is a guy who sits in front of me who screams at Rick to put Croshere in, he was even doing this last night, I did not have the heart to tell him he was 0 for 12) and I cannot figure out why the fans like Cro so much.

2) Many posters have made the argument over the past year or two that Croshere needs to play more than Jeff because Croshere spreads the floor, and that helps the offense so much.

If Jeff were 100% I would really be mad he didn't play more last night. But he looks about 60% right now. He never sat on the bench one minute last night as he was staying warmed up in the tunnel.

Croshere has had nagging injuries all season long, but Jeff has been injured all season long, he runs nothing like he did last season, the hip surgery has lingered and he has not been right since. Watch him run, he now kinda shuffles along.

I don't blame Dale one bit for last nights loss.

Edit: one other thing if Croshere was shooting 45% from the field and 37% from threes for the season, then I could accept an 0 for 12 games

I did not mention Cro's contract at all

Hicks
04-16-2005, 10:57 AM

Why better?

This is the 4th thread I've seen you do this. Why are you acting like indytoad all of a sudden? It's annoying, I won't lie.

RWB
04-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Frustrating way to lose for sure but lets be realistic, this team shouldn't be anywhere near where they are right now considering our best players being out! I think we have all sort of come to expect this bunch of role players and back ups along with Reggie to keep winning despite the fact that we just aren't that good without our other players. They have given us a hell of a ride this year and it isn't over yet but reality sets in at times and that is what happened last night.

Bingo. If we don't get a few people healthy soon I think it will be a minor miracle to get out of the 1st round even if we get to skip Miami or Detroit.

Suaveness
04-16-2005, 11:02 AM
The only thing I know is that after we lose to Miami, we had better as hell win the last 2 games. If we go into te playoffs on a losing streak like this,we will be in major trouble.

Unclebuck
04-16-2005, 11:18 AM
The only thing I know is that after we lose to Miami, we had better as hell win the last 2 games. If we go into te playoffs on a losing streak like this,we will be in major trouble.

I think the Pacers will win their last two games. The Magic are out of it and the Bulls will have the 4th seed wrapped up by then.

Arcadian
04-16-2005, 12:24 PM
The wierdest seaon in Pacer history is now complete--Peck has called other posters haters for complaining about another player.

Anthem
04-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Now about the haters that have appeared. You could pretty much write this season off early on if it weren't for Austin. He got us through a very rough stretch. I don't take away credit from the other players, but Austin was solid for the first month of the season.

He has a horrid contract that he will never ever be able to live up to, but he is a good player who would play big min. on other teams. He would never be a star but he could play a big role on lots of teams.

Then we should give him that opportunity. Because he'll never have it playing behind Jermaine O'Neal. In terms of systems, JVG would be a great fit. And he'd be a good PF next to Yao.

I don't hate Austin. I love the guy and appreciate what he's done for this Pacer team. But there's no place for him going forward, and some of us (including him) need to realize that.

Anthem
04-16-2005, 12:25 PM
The wierdest seaon in Pacer history is now complete--Peck has called other posters haters for complaining about another player.

:laugh:

_PD_
04-16-2005, 12:37 PM
Man all you guys sure get cranky after a loss ! :laugh:

ABADays
04-16-2005, 01:16 PM
1) and I cannot figure out why the fans like Cro so much.

Because most fans appreciate an honest effort. Giving it all you have even if you haven't got "it" that night.

SoupIsGood
04-16-2005, 01:57 PM
This is the 4th thread I've seen you do this. Why are you acting like indytoad all of a sudden? It's annoying, I won't lie.

Nah, it was just another poster that I noticed has dissapeared. I was just having a little fun, seeing if maybe he'd post.

I'm done now, though. ;)

Although this thing is addicting-

=/

Suaveness
04-16-2005, 02:07 PM
I think the Pacers will win their last two games. The Magic are out of it and the Bulls will have the 4th seed wrapped up by then.

I hope so. My fear is that we will be heading into the playoffs not playing well. That can only pose problems.

grace
04-16-2005, 09:54 PM
I cannot figure out why the fans like Cro so much.

There is the fact that he is the one who tries to break up our fights.

Los Angeles
04-16-2005, 10:47 PM
There is the fact that he is the one who tries to break up our fights.
Good one, Grace. :D

I know I'm a late-comer to this thread, but I have to say that we wouldn't have made the playoffs this year without Austin Croshere pulling some weight after the brawl. Just a few less W's from that time and we would all be discussing our lottery options right now. Austin Croshere and Scot Pollard showed poise and veteran leadership and busted their bodies in an effort to keep us competitive at a time when we needed it most.

So, for what it's worth, Thank You, Austin Croshere.

Now go work on your shot, we might need it later. ;)

FireTheCoach
04-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Austin Croshere..... LOL. I still can't believe that Walsh signed him to a contract instead of trading him after the Lakers series when he had some value. water under the bridge I suppose.