PDA

View Full Version : Rick on PTI

Dr Huxtable
04-15-2005, 05:43 PM
It's on now, but it will reair at 5:30 on ESPN News.

He's very upbeat, just made a joke about Bob Barker. :laugh:

Lord Helmet
04-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I just watched it. Rick credited the fans like has has recently for the Pacers' recent surge. RICK FOR COTY!

FiestyFosterFanatic
04-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Bob Barker aint got **** on Reggie Miller.

Hicks
04-15-2005, 06:01 PM
I'll have the vid. in about 15 minutes, guys.

Mourning
04-15-2005, 06:06 PM
:thumbsup:

Hicks
04-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Here it is: :)

http://www.pacersdigest.com/carlislepti041505.mov

Harmonica
04-15-2005, 06:55 PM
That's the first video from here I've ever been able to download and watch. Why is that?

Eindar
04-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Maybe cause it's encoded in crappy quicktime, and also embedded in the webpage? :)

ABADays
04-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks Hicks. Nice interview.

3ptmiller
04-15-2005, 08:05 PM
Here it is: :)

http://www.pacersdigest.com/carlislepti041505.mov

Haha i laughed my *** off, they sound like the Miny Mouse Soundtracks :laugh:

Harmonica
04-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Maybe cause it's encoded in crappy quicktime, and also embedded in the webpage? :)

Quicktime rules!

Anthem
04-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Yup, nice by Rick. He also did a good job of deflecting talk about the Jermaine O'Neal comments. It's also been nice to see a lot of talking heads give Reggie the props he's been denied for so many years.

Lord Helmet
04-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Wrong thread.... :blush:

Indyfan
04-16-2005, 12:11 AM
I can't get the link to work??? I listened to Reggie on Dan Patrick earlier using Hicks link, so I thought this sd work also. It says it is done downloading but nothing happens. Can anyone help me figure it out? I would like to see it. Thanks.

Anthem
04-16-2005, 12:27 AM
I can't get the link to work??? I listened to Reggie on Dan Patrick earlier using Hicks link, so I thought this sd work also. It says it is done downloading but nothing happens. Can anyone help me figure it out? I would like to see it. Thanks.

Get quicktime.

Indyfan
04-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Get quicktime.

I have quicktime, so its not that. Any other suggestions?

Hicks
04-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Right click, save as, tell it to download to your desktop, wait for it to download, then check desktop. If it's not there, I don't know what to tell you. :whoknows: If you're on a mac, sometimes you have to move the mouse around a bit before it shows up, or maybe even click on dead space on the desktop. But if you're on windows, that's not needed.

Bball
04-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Indyfan:
Update Quicktime. Quicktime gets updated, and you need those updates, approx every 15 mins (or it sure seem like it).

I've quit following Quicktime links unless it is something that I really want to see because it always seems like the version I had just used is outdated and not working a few days later. Being stuck on dialup makes the constant updates a PITA.

-Bball

Hicks
04-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Some of you poor souls still have to use dial-up? :(

Indyfan
04-16-2005, 02:35 PM
I got it to work, it just took a long time to come up once it said it was downloaded. Thanks for all the help.

Rick does a great job deflecting praise and focusing on the positives. I liked the quick comment when Tony said Rick is his COY that "Scott Skiles is very deserving". Rick doesn't want the award because he really feels this success should be credited to Reggie, the team not quitting and the great fan support. He is one of the most humble peolpe when it comes to his own accomplishments, which is a great trait to see. He sooner takes the blame when things go wrong then take the praise when things go well.

Thanks again Hicks for posting.

PacerMan
04-16-2005, 03:30 PM
I can't believe how this guy keeps his cool. THat technical last night was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bush. I'd have gone off on that ahoe like a rocket taking off. The guy is ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigMac
04-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Rick Carlisele=Class Act
PTI=Best questions asked in an interview-they always seem to ask the questions that want to know the answers to.

Thanks Hicks.

If anyone is an ESPN Insider, you can watch the entire PTI show on your computer with your Insider subscription.

Bball
04-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Some of you poor souls still have to use dial-up? :(

Unless someone has some pull with Insight and gets them to string some cable up out this way (which I don't really understand why the don't at this point) or can get SBC/Ameritech to update and get rid of the 'gain pair' between me and them that effectively limits my connections to 28.8, then my practical options are limited.

-Bball

Kegboy
04-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Unless someone has some pull with Insight and gets them to string some cable up out this way (which I don't really understand why the don't at this point) or can get SBC/Ameritech to update and get rid of the 'gain pair' between me and them that effectively limits my connections to 28.8, then my practical options are limited.

-Bball

You ever looked into satellite. One of our clients is down in Park 100 by the airport, but for some reason can't get DSL. They're getting a satellite installed for broadband access. I've never seen one before, but I'll be down there later in the week to check it out.