PDA

View Full Version : "Is everybody here living in fantasy land?"

MagicRat
04-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Caller: "I've heard both ways that Ron Artest is and isn't going to be able to play in the playoffs. I was wondering if he was going to be able to play and if he is, how hard will it be to work him back in?"

Rick: (Chuckles) "Hey, with all due respect, is everybody here living in Fantasy Land? I mean, come on. This is not going to happen. By the way, thanks for the call and I don't mean to demean your question, but, look, this guy ain't comin' back. I mean, there's no way........"

Think of a better question next time, UB..........:-p

Hicks
04-14-2005, 09:43 PM
:laugh: Good for Rick. He's had to answer the same question for about 20 weeks now.

Harmonica
04-14-2005, 09:55 PM
He should have f'd with the guy and told him that Ron was indeed going to be allowed to come back, but that he had no intention of playing him. That would have at least dispelled the notion that Rick doesn't have a sense of humor.

Unclebuck
04-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Caller: "I've heard both ways that Ron Artest is and isn't going to be able to play in the playoffs. I was wondering if he was going to be able to play and if he is, how hard will it be to work him back in?"

Rick: (Chuckles) "Hey, with all due respect, is everybody here living in Fantasy Land? I mean, come on. This is not going to happen. By the way, thanks for the call and I don't mean to demean your question, but, look, this guy ain't comin' back. I mean, there's no way........"

Think of a better question next time, UB..........:-p

Damn I tried to disguise my voice.

Indyfan
04-15-2005, 11:18 AM
I am glad Rick finally just said it clearly (actually for about the 4th time) since there is no hope. Where do people come up with this stuff?

Hicks
04-15-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm hoping MR once again can provide us with the show; I really appreciate it because I rarely catch it live but enjoy hearing it.

Indyfan
04-15-2005, 03:09 PM
There were a couple of callers who were asking questions and stating concerns with Jax play as of late, Rick really defended Jax strongly. I thought it was interesting to hear his answers to those comments and concerns, as I know have shared them as well.

Hopefully MR can post the show for those who missed it.

Unclebuck
04-15-2005, 03:12 PM
There were a couple of callers who were asking questions and stating concerns with Jax play as of late, Rick really defended Jax strongly. I thought it was interesting to hear his answers to those comments and concerns, as I know have shared them as well.

Hopefully MR can post the show for those who missed it.

I enjoyed that as well. Rick said that non one is perfect, but Jax listens to coaching and corrects his mistakes when the coaches point things out. He talked about AL too and abotu maybe how the grass is not always greenr

RWB
04-15-2005, 03:24 PM
He talked about AL too and abotu maybe how the grass is not always greenr

Check out the Hawks forum and you'll find their fans debating this very thing.

Anthem
04-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Check out the Hawks forum and you'll find their fans debating this very thing.

Where?

Jose Slaughter
04-15-2005, 04:14 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/fundamentals/links.htm

...........then, follow the yellow brick road. :)

RWB
04-15-2005, 04:14 PM
http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=homecourt

Should find it here

Unclebuck
04-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Thank God we have more to talk about than the draft. I have nightmares about the old days when the draft was the best day of the year.

I still could not find the thread on AL. I hate that format