PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the game...

Mr. Pink
04-14-2005, 01:04 AM
After finding some nice seats in the lower level (thanks to the ticket lady), I sat ready to watch a good game.

I about crapped my pants 100 times when I saw a Pacer player running out on a shooter. Instead of closing them out and contesting the shot and being ready to play D...they would JUMP 5 feet in the air trying to block a shot. Each time a Net player would drive right past them to the cup. I just shook my head each time.

EDDIE GILL played a good offensive game. I thought he was horrible on D. Once again he got into stupid foul trouble because of shot fakes. It was good though seeing him being aggressive with Travis Best. It's always good to have players who don't back down.

James Jones was magnificent. He did a lot things well like shooting 3's and a lot of little things. I was pleasantly surprised with his play.

Dale Davis...wow. I saw him set one pick on Best and just shoved him right under the basket along with the man that was gaurding Dale. That kind of toughness is setting a good example for the other guys. The 10 boards he had were nice as well.

Reggie Miller...why does he want to retire? He seems like he is still having fun with the game. Right before tip off he runs and grabs the ball from the ref, goofing around, laughing...Why would he want to retire? It doesn't even seem like he gets tired yet. Granted he sits out most of the 2nd quarter, but still it's hard not to beleive he's ready to quit. Just like always he was hitting big shots. I love his acting job on the 4 point play. HE FELL BEFORE HE WAS EVEN HIT. But it's Reggie...so who cares.

Is there something wrong with S-Jax? Once again it looked like he was pouting about stuff. Even a little after that T he got in the first quarter. He was out there trying to get everyone pumped after that horrible 1st quarter, though.

Austin Croshere was playin a lil Dirk game out there. Driving to the basket and shootin some 3's. He makes some matchup problems for other PF's with that kind of play.

I met DJ Paul B before the game. He's a pretty cool guy. I told him that I've seen him post on here and that I think he's doing a good job DJ'ing. I also caught one of the parachutes, and won 4 tickets to a Qualifing Day at the Indy 500. All in all, it was a good night. I'm so glad that we won. I want to see this team do so well.

Indyfan
04-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the recap. Glad you got to see a great performance by Reggie! He has really turned back the clock.

I was in Toronto on Monday and I thought the same thing about Jax, he seemed out of it esp. the first half. Hope he can get it together for the playoffs because we really need him. JJ was clutch in Toronto too, we have to keep him.

DisplacedKnick
04-14-2005, 09:49 AM
I didn't see last night's game but in both the Knick and Raptor games the Pacers really got screwed up by penetration, leaving a lot of open perimeter looks. Everyone's susceptible to that to a certain extent and without JO as a shot-blocker it's a bit worse but the Pacers need to figure on how to set it up so all five guys don't drop back to within 10 feet of the basket.

grace
04-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Reggie Miller...why does he want to retire?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He's retiring now while he's still having fun. He wants to leave while his body is still in tact. He says the team is ready to go on without him. They all seem like pretty good reasons to me.