PDA

View Full Version : Reggie article in SI this week

travmil
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102919

You have to subscribe to SI to get the article online, but someone over at Indystar.com already has it copied and pasted. Rather than risk getting in trouble over posting the article, here's the link to read it on Indystar. It's pretty good. Very complimentary.

Will Galen
04-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Good article. I hadn't read about the shooting from mid court before.

Harmonica
04-13-2005, 03:35 PM
"I have never seen him miss a practice, and I go to every one," says team president Donnie Walsh, who drafted Miller. "He's never once talked back to a coach. I have seen him cry after big losses." Walsh shakes his head. "Everything I wanted the franchise to stand for, he represents."

That...about says it all.

Gyron
04-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Can someone post that article for all of us non subscribers please? Pretty please????

Unclebuck
04-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Can someone post that article for all of us non subscribers please? Pretty please????

Just click on the link and read it off Rats

3ptmiller
04-13-2005, 04:57 PM
"Last Friday afternoon Reggie Miller arrived at Conseco Fieldhouse three hours before game time, just as he always does. Except for the odd usher, some techies laying TV cables and an onlooker or two, the cavernous arena was empty when Miller took the floor and began shooting, first foul shots, then an elaborate routine of layups, jumpers and three-pointers, assisted by a ball boy well-versed in where and when to pass. The only sounds were the squeak of sneakers, the schwick of the dancing net and the click of Miller's right wrist hitting his left during a follow-through so crooked it seemed a miracle that the ball went straight. His shot was so sure -- he made 35 of 36 free throws and 35 of 42 threes -- that when he didn't connect it was disconcerting, like seeing someone, midway through a meal, lift a forkful of salad and miss his mouth entirely."

35 of 42 threes!? Why wont he shoot like that in games? :D

Gyron
04-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Thanks UB, I scanned thorugh that so quickly I missed the link....