PDA

View Full Version : JO on NBA Nation at 8:30

Dr Huxtable
04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Greg Anthony was on ESPN News, and they were talking about JO's comments about the age limit. The guy on ESPN News then said that JO would be on NBA Nation at 8:30, I think on ESPN 2.

Jaydawg2270
04-12-2005, 07:59 PM
thanks for the news

Lord Helmet
04-12-2005, 08:05 PM
8:30 Indiana time?

Unclebuck
04-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Yes 8:30 Indiana time. If you have never watched NBA Nation. I swear it is the only good thing ESPN does on the NBA

skyfire
04-12-2005, 09:10 PM
can anyone record it?

Lord Helmet
04-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Stern isn't liking this.....:shudder:

Los Angeles
04-12-2005, 09:52 PM
I can't watch this ... can anyone provide updates?

Kstat
04-12-2005, 09:58 PM
I;m blown away at JO's disrespect for older veterans losing their jobs....

Jermaniac
04-12-2005, 10:01 PM
JO said he will see if he can play during the weekend

Jermaniac
04-12-2005, 10:02 PM
I;m blown away at JO's disrespect for older veterans losing their jobs....Just like he said if you are not cutting it and someone younger is playing better then you then guess thats it for your job.

Jaydawg2270
04-12-2005, 10:05 PM
who cares what he says he needs to be back for the playoffs

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-12-2005, 10:16 PM
I still think it's bad timing on JO's part. The last thing the Pacers need right now is more distractions. Focus on the task at hand, getting deep into the p'offs.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Jermaniac, your sig is great. Did you make that?

efx
04-12-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm not going to get into the age-limit argument but playing the woe-is-us race card is pretty bad. He should stick to playing basketball.

Arcadian
04-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I have a lot respect JO. He obviously cares and isn't worried about getting sneaker contracts. He might not phrase everything right or be as compliant as we like but at least he is being honest.

People complain that Jordan and Tiger didn't fight for issues that they felt were important. Shouldn't JO be commended for that?

Jermaniac
04-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Jermaniac, your sig is great. Did you make that? Nope some new member Mjbry made it and he was showing some of his sigs and I saw this one and thought it was great so I asked if I can use it.

efx
I commend him for that. I just disagree. But I agree with your post Arcadian.

TheHotShot31
I could care less what Jermaine says, as long as he comes back healthy for the playoffs and plays his *** off for reggie.

Unclebuck
04-12-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm proud J.O is an Indiana Pacer.

Deadshot
04-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Nope some new member Mjbry made it and he was showing some of his sigs and I saw this one and thought it was great so I asked if I can use it.

Actually, his name is ajbry. He does some great graphic designs, and he is a huge Pacers fan. For anyone who hasn't met him, here is his intro thread:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10907

As for the JO interview, I saw it, and he presented himself and his case in a very professional and educated manner. However, I hope this doesn't cause more wrath from Stern.

Anthem
04-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Actually, his name is ajbry. He does some great graphic designs, and he is a huge Pacers fan.

I went through his website, and he's got some good stuff. This was in a league apart, though. It's brilliant.

http://atlas.walagata.com/w/ajbry/JackBanner.gif

Unclebuck
04-12-2005, 10:52 PM
I enjoyed their Shaq v Nash MVP debate

Ragnar
04-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Did anyone else notice that when they were going through the possible playoff match ups for the WC that each team they showed they showed that team playing the Pacers? They would then also show them playing some other random team. But the Spurs, Mavs, Sonics, Nuggets all had highlight clips against the Pacers.

Jermaniac
04-12-2005, 10:56 PM
I enjoyed their Shaq v Nash MVP debate I did too, I was laughing when Anthony kept asking Can Steve Nash change the game defensively and Stein kept trying to say something eles.

Young
I think either JO or Greg Anthony pointed out about how the past 2 rookies of the year has been high schoolers. I want to point out that Amare was already 19 or 20 by the time he came into the league and was a solid 245. Lebron was very strong from the get go to at 240. Even Dwright Howard has had some impact and he has some good strength.

I think this a big factor. It is not only the skill, but the physical strength.

Here are some, most of the HSers and foreginers who have came into the league, not have had an impact and have been pretty weak for NBA standards:

Shaun Livingston, J.R. Smith, Josh Smith, KG, TMac, Kobe, JO, Kwame, Tyson, Eddy Curry, Dorell Wright, Pavel, Peter Ramos, Skitti, Zarko, Qyntel Woods, Travis Outlaw, Ndudi Ebi, Kendrick Perkins, Macije Lampe, Bostjan Nachbar, Sagana Diop, Darius Miles, I think I will stop there.

I just found this interesting. Also I want to point out to JO, even though he won't read this, that it is not about what players do in 4 years or how ever many, it is about what they do in their first or second. When a team is paying top dollar for a player and the fans are paying dop dollar to see so called professional players I think we all expect to see just that professionals who are professionals at the moment. Not potentiol, but professionals.

shags
I enjoyed their Shaq v Nash MVP debate

Got a little heated it seemed. And that's minus Stephen A. Smith.

I'm with Anthony & Legler. It's gotta be Shaq.

shags
04-12-2005, 10:59 PM
I think either JO or Greg Anthony pointed out about how the past 2 rookies of the year has been high schoolers. I want to point out that Amare was already 19 or 20 by the time he came into the league and was a solid 245. Lebron was very strong from the get go to at 240. Even Dwright Howard has had some impact and he has some good strength.

Here are some, most of the HSers and foreginers who have came into the league, not have had an impact and have been pretty weak for NBA standards:

Shaun Livingston, J.R. Smith, Josh Smith, KG, TMac, Kobe, JO, Kwame, Tyson, Eddy Curry, Dorell Wright, Pavel, Peter Ramos, Skitti, Zarko, Qyntel Woods, Travis Outlaw, Ndudi Ebi, Kendrick Perkins, Macije Lampe, Bostjan Nachbar, Sagana Diop, Darius Miles, I think I will stop there.

I just found this interesting. Also I want to point out to JO, even though he won't read this, that it is not about what players do in 4 years or how ever many, it is about what they do in their first or second. When a team is paying top dollar for a player and the fans are paying dop dollar to see so called professional players I think we all expect to see just that professionals who are professionals at the moment. Not potentiol, but professionals.

I thought O'Neal wasn't looking too good until Anthony started asking him questions. He kind of bailed his old teammate out, and O'Neal started speaking better after that.

Stryder
04-12-2005, 11:02 PM
I;m blown away at JO's disrespect for older veterans losing their jobs....

It's called business.

If a veteran gets beat out of a job by a younger player, then so be it...

dannyboy
04-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Did anyone else notice that when they were going through the possible playoff match ups for the WC that each team they showed they showed that team playing the Pacers? They would then also show them playing some other random team. But the Spurs, Mavs, Sonics, Nuggets all had highlight clips against the Pacers.

This is very common. Yesterday during the promo for the Celtics vs. Sixers game on Sportscenter, they showed the Celtics scoring on the Pacers, then showed the Sixers scoring on the Pacers. I have commented on this to people in conversation before, then they start to notice it too.

I saw the Rockets play the Pacers during Yao Ming's rookie year, and he did this nifty up and under move for a layup, and I swear for the rest of that season whenever SC mentioned Yao Ming it was accompanied by that highlight and maybe some other miscellaneous one.

Unclebuck
04-12-2005, 11:05 PM

They really don't pay top dollar with the rookie salary scale.

If you ask me a guy who goes to college for 4 years has almost the exact same adjustment as a high school player. Equal talent, and the adjustment time is not that much difference. Depends on the player. J.O's adjustment time would have been quicker if he went to college. But James, Amare and Howard, if you ask me their adjustment time would not have been any quicker if they had gone to college.

When I pay top dollar to see a game, and believe me I do pay top $$$, I expect to see all types of players, young players full of potential, veterans in their prime, and older players filling roles. I don't expect every player to be a finished product, in fact I would not like to see all finished products, it is fun to see players improve.

I have no problem with high schoolers in the NBA. I've never once come home from a game, saying damn, Kobe is good, but I wish he was at North Carolina instead of the Lakers. I enjoyed watching Howard play twice in person this season, and if he went to Duke I would have missed the chance to see him. And it will be great to watch Howard improve over the next three years.

SycamoreKen
04-13-2005, 12:31 AM

Do we need a list of lottery flops that went to college? It would be much longer and more painful than the list above.

Peja wouldn't be in Sacramento, Parker wouldn't be in SA, Kirilinko would not be in Utah and Dirk was borderline on the age limit when he was drafted. Those 4 guys coupled with the average, above average, and superstar Americans that have entered early convince me that the age limit is not needed. If those 4 had had to wait another year or two to be drafted thay may have never come to the US.

able
04-13-2005, 05:04 AM
In comparison to soccer; most countries (the top nations that is) have clubs who have "youth" teams, where 10 - 13 year olds are scouted, trained and play, school organized (often in house) and everything paid for.
Once they turn about 15 they get their first pro-contracts year year by year.
Many top clubs have players aged 16- 17 -18 in their base 11.
Rooney (UK) was 17 when he signed a megamillion contract, Cruyff (one of the ever greats) was 16 when he made his pro-debut.

Ajax (NL) is known (like Feynoord NL ) for having extreme good youth programs and both have 17 yr olds starting for their teams, making way more money then NBA rooks do.

(example: Lebron 1st pick makes $ 4 mio in his 4th yr! Rooney, playing for Manchester United made 4.8 million Sterling (about 8.5 mio US) in this year where he just became 18 he made 2 mio US$ in his first year in the league, but was transferred at the end of that year (last year) )
Oh and football(soccer) is a team sport.