PDA

View Full Version : Doubt we will catch Chicago

Steve
04-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Looking over the remaining schedule, it looks like we will not catch Chicago for the 4th spot. They play fewer games (I think) and play against easier opponents (e.g. Atlanta). We have to play a road game in Miami, and they will likely make an effort to beat us considering what has transpired this season in previous games against them. I have the feeling thta the last game of the season will not mean much in terms of playoff positioning.

rabid
04-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure I want to face Chicago in the first round, anyway. At this point I'm rooting for Washington to get their act together and regain the 5th spot.

Homecourt against Boston in the first round doesn't sound too bad right now, considering the alternatives (i.e. Chicago).

RSmits
04-12-2005, 07:15 PM
But if we get past Boston in the first round as the sixth seed, doesn't that mean Heat in Round 2 as opposed to the Pistons? I'd rather have the Pistons.

rabid
04-12-2005, 07:22 PM
I think it would be foolish to look that far ahead at this point. Let's take what we can get.

Pig Nash
04-12-2005, 07:24 PM
i don't think chicago will be that much of a problem. i'm not worried about anyone but miami, detroit, dallas, or denver. thats it. i said it. Pacers will win the championship.

rabid
04-12-2005, 07:25 PM
i don't think chicago will be that much of a problem. i'm not worried about anyone but miami, detroit, dallas, or denver. thats it. i said it. Pacers will win the championship.

:o

:devil:

Pig Nash
04-12-2005, 07:29 PM
i'm feelin a little weird today. but i have a good gut feeling and i don't get that about the pacers. so shoot me, we're gonna win.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Pig has lost it! ;)

Pig Nash
04-12-2005, 07:41 PM
yepper, i think it was that there was no way that DH would be on the playoff roster that pushed me past the edge towards the ultimate :sunshine: er

rabid
04-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Or, as Scot Pollard would say, "I guarantee that there will be an NBA championship series. And I guarantee that, after 4 to 7 games, one of the two teams that plays will become the NBA champion."

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-12-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm ready for the playoffs!

timid
04-12-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm still lolling at Bill Walton saying, "If the Pacers play the Bulls, they have no chance", lmfao. Please, if JO and even better, Tinsley come back, we'll sweep the Bulls.

Diamond Dave
04-12-2005, 08:16 PM
I'd much rather have Boston. The Bulls are tough. From top to bottom they have formidable players. Curry, AD, Hinrich, Gorden, Deng, and lots of other quality players. They're big, strong, fast, tough, and good shooters. They can score from inside and out. The only thing that will hinder them is expireince which is vital. Honestly I do not want to see the Bulls in the playoffs. I think we would do a number on Boston though, now that Dale is here.

3Ball
04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I still can't get past the fact that we have to move DOWN to claim home court. Were these the same mathematical geniuses that designed the BCS?

SoupIsGood
04-12-2005, 08:24 PM
yepper, i think it was that there was no way that DH would be on the playoff roster that pushed me past the edge towards the ultimate :sunshine: er

I hate you.

Pig Nash
04-12-2005, 08:25 PM
i'm totally lyin dude. notice the :devil: i don't know what pushed me to the higher realm of :sunshine:

SoupIsGood
04-12-2005, 08:30 PM
i'm totally lyin dude. notice the :devil: i don't know what pushed me to the higher realm of :sunshine:

I know you were joking, dude.

I'll make my own bold prediction then.

David Harrison will take over the starting job next season. :sunshine:

Diesel
04-12-2005, 08:33 PM
I would much rather play chicago in the playoffs, there lack of experience will be a major problem for them plus thats a team that really doesn't have an established star.Hinrick and Gordon will be one day but right now there not.They are gritty, they are tough I just think they are lacking in star power right now. The pacers are lacking in star power as well with key players out but are very similar to the bulls in they don't give up.Which pretty much means every game will be tight and hopefully reggie and jackson can make the big shots for us.

The Celtics however have the stars and the supporting cast to make quick work out of us. They have not played up to potential as of late because of key injuries but they probably are the 3rd best team if healthy in the East. If there is one player other then Reggie who can bring a team to it's knees begging for mercy its Paul Pierce. He has a capablitly to carry a team on his shoulders for a playoff series and I would rather stay away from him and play unproven untested opponent in chicago.

Harmonica
04-12-2005, 09:10 PM
If JO integrates well into the line-up when he comes back, I like our chances against anyone. A 7-game series will be tough, but with JO and DD down low, Jax and Reg prowling the perimeter, a battle-tested AJ and bench, Bill Walton will eat his words.

Shade
04-12-2005, 09:39 PM
If JO integrates well into the line-up when he comes back, I like our chances against anyone. A 7-game series will be tough, but with JO and DD down low, Jax and Reg prowling the perimeter, a battle-tested AJ and bench, Bill Walton will eat his words.

He can eat whatever he wants, as long as it keeps his yap shut. ;)

skyfire
04-12-2005, 09:46 PM
As long as Curry is out I think we would dominate the Bulls. If Curry is back for the playoffs then it will be harder but I think we could still take them even without HCA.

TheHotShot31
04-12-2005, 10:14 PM
As long as we get Jermaine back healthy, we should take the series in 5.

indytoad
04-12-2005, 10:23 PM
A lot of confidence around here, considering the Pacers just went 1-1 in two very tough games against two teams that've been eliminated from the playoffs. I'm just hoping we don't get swept. Keep it simple.

IndyToad
A simple kind of man

Suaveness
04-12-2005, 10:24 PM
We aren't getting past the first round, more than likely.

Anthem
04-12-2005, 10:29 PM
I want to play the Celtics. One of my best friends here is a Celtics fan, and he has a big HDTV. If we play the Celts, he'll invite me over to watch the games.

:woot: