PDA

View Full Version : Harrison's Work Ethic and the Pacers Spin Machine

Bball
04-12-2005, 12:55 PM
The Pacers have went into high gear to hide their disappointment with David Harrison's work ethic.

They've now had his knee operated on to help cover their tracks as to why he's been sitting out all this time.

---------

Harrison has surgery

Indiana Pacers rookie center David Harrison underwent season-ending arthroscopic knee surgery.

"They went in to remove some loose bodies and smooth out some rough surfaces," Carlisle said. "It's not thought to be serious. He should be ready to go this summer."

Harrison, the 29th pick in last summer's draft, had been on the injured list since March 16 with a left knee problem. He originally hurt his knee in the Feb. 23 game against Miami.

Harrison completed his rookie campaign averaging 6.1 points and 3.1 rebounds in 43 games, including 14 starts.

"He did everything we could have asked of him and more," Carlisle said.
-----------------

http://www.indystar.com/articles/9/236187-8229-179.html

Bball (Please note my comments were sarcasm rooted in recent speculation about Harrison's absence)

Harmonica
04-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Hiiiigh hopes, we've got hiiiigh hopes
We've got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

Hicks
04-12-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm glad I read your last line or I was about to explode.

Los Angeles
04-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Welp, when you're wrong, you're wrong and I was wrong about giving a playoff roster spot to Harrison over Tins in a thread a few weeks ago.

Damn, I hate it when that happens.

Bball
04-12-2005, 01:16 PM

:D :devil:

-Bball

Los Angeles
04-12-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm sure having this surgery all this time after the initial injury was another brilliant move by our medical staff.
Don't get me started.

:pissed:

:D

Bball
04-12-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm sure having this surgery all this time after the initial injury was another brilliant move by our medical staff.

That crossed my mind as well. Is this the type of surgery that takes months of recuperation (and rehab) or is it the stuff where it is measured in days?

Since the injury was Feb 23rd that is almost two months of recuperation/rehab time that passed by.

-Bball

Bball
04-12-2005, 01:41 PM

You know... I almost didn't add the little disclaimer because I was sure everyone would realize I was being sarcastic. I guess I never should assume that....

Now you are making me wonder if anyone skipped my little disclaimer, since it was with my sign off, and are sticking me on 'Ignore'.

-Bball

Suaveness
04-12-2005, 02:01 PM
It is so annoying to see everyone hurt in some way. Bender just never heals, and we waste so much time on him. I hope Harrison isn't that way too.

A-Train
04-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Welp, when you're wrong, you're wrong and I was wrong about giving a playoff roster spot to Harrison over Tins in a thread a few weeks ago.

Damn, I hate it when that happens.

If nothing else, Los Angeles, your avatar is perfect now! :cool:

Will Galen
04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
You know... I almost didn't add the little disclaimer because I was sure everyone would realize I was being sarcastic. I guess I never should assume that....

Now you are making me wonder if anyone skipped my little disclaimer, since it was with my sign off, and are sticking me on 'Ignore'.

-Bball

I don't remember everyone's position on everything. I can remember Peck sort of likes Dale Davis, but that's about it. So I didn't know you were being sarcastic. And I missed your disclaimer until Hicks said something about it.

If I hadn't of just arisen from my second nap I would probably have jumped on that.

As for puting you on ignore . . . well someone always quotes you so I figure I might as well go ahead and read you. (giggle)

ChicagoJ
04-12-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't remember everyone's position on everything. I can remember Peck sort of likes Dale Davis, but that's about it.

:laugh:

I keep a little "cheat sheet".

It says things like, "UB doesn't want anything to change."

"bball hates Bender more than I hate Artest"

"Ragnar has a love-hate relationship with our PGs"

"SoupIsGood really likes David Harrison - give him props when applicable."

Etc.

The problem is that we all switch "allies" when we go over into the politics board. Then I have to remind myself that Peck, UB and Ragnar are actually buddies over there, and I need Rimfire's help as the "voice of reason". :D

Hicks
04-12-2005, 04:43 PM

-Bball

Between you, especially Jay, and even some Kegboy, I would put nothing past you collectively at this point. :hmm:

Hicks
04-12-2005, 04:46 PM

Etc.

The problem is that we all switch "allies" when we go over into the politics board. Then I have to remind myself that Peck, UB and Ragnar are actually buddies over there, and I need Rimfire's help as the "voice of reason". :D

I would love to see this cheat sheet. :D Actually, it would be fascinating.

In the meantime, I should probably start one of my own. God knows I read a lot of people/posts on here, sometimes the ones that don't post constantly get me mixed up.

ABADays
04-12-2005, 04:57 PM
IIIIIIIIIIIIII'mmmmmmmm getting a little skeptical about Harrison. The pre-draft talk worries me.

grace
04-12-2005, 06:19 PM

It's a good thing you saw it and pointed it out because I didn't see it and was about to go ape :censored:.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2005, 06:36 PM
A little piece of me just died.

No, that isn't right. I think I just died and a little piece of me managed to peel off and live.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2005, 06:39 PM

Etc.

Hey I made the cheat sheet! :)

BTW, I had quite the rant typed up in response to BBall's first few lines. But then I noticed the disclaimer after a second reading of his post. It's too bad, I had not been that fired up in a long time. :devil:

Anthem
04-12-2005, 10:19 PM
I didn't make the cheat sheet... :cry:

Arcadian
04-12-2005, 10:25 PM
The way the Star and the medical team have worked this season I'm a little worried that operation is code for "died".

Mourning
04-13-2005, 07:18 AM

I'm happy I read your post, SO that in response I re-read Bball's original post ;).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

fwpacerfan
04-13-2005, 09:45 AM
I think the concussion he sustained might have played into this decision. Has anyone else heard anything else about it? His minutes virtually disappeared after it happened. It scares me that he also had one in college - so that makes 2 in 2 years. I also think this means JO will be ready for the playoffs. Harrison isn't needed since Pollard, Foster and DD are playing fairly well in the middle.

ChicagoJ
04-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I didn't make the cheat sheet... :cry:

:console: That was just a sample.

You're in a 'special section' labeled, "We agree far more than we'll ever admit to." ;)

ChicagoJ
04-13-2005, 09:48 AM
The way the Star and the medical team have worked this season I'm a little worried that operation is code for "died".

Signature time....

Anthem
04-13-2005, 05:20 PM
You're in a 'special section' labeled, "We agree far more than we'll ever admit to." ;)

Do not! :laugh: