PDA

View Full Version : The 8th Semi-Annual Pacer Forum Party

Jose Slaughter
04-12-2005, 12:26 AM
This might be old news to most of you so you can, in the words of a Python, skip down a bit brother.

For several years now, members of the forum have been getting together a couple times a year to talk Pacers, over some pizza.

Once during the summer, usually the Saturday following the college draft, then again a couple weeks into the new season in October or November we have a little casual meet & greet for everyone.

We've come across a fairly nice loaction on the northeast side of Indianapolis, the Castleton area to be exact. There's a Pizza King a little east of the Mall that has served us well. :laugh:

This summers party will start a little earlier than those before. I have us down for a 4 o'clock tip off on July 2nd.

Like ya didn't see my sig already. ;)

For those new to the forum here are the basic things ya need to know.

1. Everyone is invited. Doesn't matter if you post 30 times a day or if you only come here to read what others write. As long as you know about the forum, & the party, you are welcome.

2. Timing means nothing. What I mean by this is...........

You can come when you want, you can leave when you want. It's all up to you. You just want to stop by for 5 minutes, no problem.

We'll be there from around 4, til 9 then we'll move things either to Hooters or Perkins.

3. The Big Payback. We chip in for the grub. The pizza, soft drinks & tip for our fine waitresses run about 10 bucks each.

The Pizza King does serve other items if pizza is not your thing or if you care for something a little stronger than Pepsi. I'll leave that ordering, & paying, up to you.

If this is something you think you might like to do, just let me know in a post, in this thread.

As we get closer to the actual date of the party I'll kinda put together a couple list. One for those that "pretty much are gonna make it" & one for those that "might make it if everything else I could possibly do falls thru". I only do this so our host will know just how big a group we could have.

For those unsure about these events, I'll leave it to some of the folks that have been to past parties to tell their stories.

Any questions?

DisplacedKnick
04-12-2005, 07:36 AM
I'll probably be there this time.

Hicks
04-12-2005, 08:05 AM
I should be there. :)

Speed Freak
04-12-2005, 09:29 AM
I am going to try to be there this time around.

arkman40
04-12-2005, 10:03 AM
4th of July weekend sounds like a prime candidate for a trip home. I'll know for sure down the road a bit.

Spicoli
04-12-2005, 10:04 AM
I believe I will be able to make an appearance.

:uhoh:

MagicRat
04-12-2005, 10:30 AM
I'll try to make it........

Are you sure? Saturday July 2nd will be one of the biggest nights of the year for Symphony on the Prairie............:violin:

ChicagoJ
04-12-2005, 10:31 AM
4th of July weekend sounds like a prime candidate for a trip home. I'll know for sure down the road a bit.

Ditto.

Harddrive7
04-12-2005, 10:33 AM
In the past I've said I would come and something always comes up. this time I think I can really make it. I really want to meet some of you guys.

Now I would like to ask a question. Is there anyway that we could maybe mix it up a little for those who don't live on the northside? Maybe do it in a different location, a different side of town, or would that be too difficult?

ABADays
04-12-2005, 11:12 AM
I will be there - possibly with a surprise guest.

Jose Slaughter
04-12-2005, 11:40 AM
In the past I've said I would come and something always comes up. this time I think I can really make it. I really want to meet some of you guys.

Now I would like to ask a question. Is there anyway that we could maybe mix it up a little for those who don't live on the northside? Maybe do it in a different location, a different side of town, or would that be too difficult?

I was very open to moving to a different location for a long time, still am I guess.

There are guys that live in different parts of the city that feel we're somehow excluding them. Nothing could be further from the truth.

We never could come up with any real good alternative & at the time there were several posters that said they could only make it if it were on the north or northeast side. So, this is where we are.

The set up at the Pizza King is nearly ideal for what we are doing. In addition we have several regulars that drive in from outside the Indy area & they don't seem to mind too much.

I'd like to go with the King this time around but would more than happy to try another spot for our fall party.

Suggestions?

Unclebuck
04-12-2005, 11:45 AM
I think Pizza King is a good location. Good or bad "Pizza King" is not too crowded and we have run of the place. If we go someplace else on a Saturday night that might be crowded it might not be as relaxed. Like when we went over to Perkins last time we caused a stir

Harddrive7
04-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Fair enough, I was just curious if it were open to negotiation. I think that "the King" is probably the better place if that's where the majority of the posters live. Just thought I would throw it out there. I'm still going to be there unless something comes up with one of the brats.

ABADays
04-12-2005, 11:47 AM
I'll try to make it, but someone will have to drag me from underneath the bridge in Broad Ripple.

Now, would that be JUST under the bridge or under the rocks under the bridge?

Suaveness
04-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Unfortunetly, I can't say right now. I am going to be insanely busy this summer with a LOT of things, so when I come home is beyond me right now.

Ragnar
04-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Nice to see this one will not interfere with Thanksgiving dinner with the In laws. I am going to try and remember to make this one. Someone will need to remind me on the Wednesday before so I dont make other plans. I have a wedding to go to in Alabama but I am pretty sure that is not on the same weekend.

MagicRat
04-12-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm still going to be there unless everyone wants to come over for brats.

Did you just invite us all to your house for brats? :woohoo:

Maybe I mis-read that, though.......:blush:

Hicks
04-12-2005, 11:56 AM
I think Pizza King is a good location. Good or bad "Pizza King" is not too crowded and we have run of the place. If we go someplace else on a Saturday night that might be crowded it might not be as relaxed. Like when we went over to Perkins last time we caused a stir

I think Pizza King is a great place to have it. I drive for an hour to get there, and it's fine by me.

As for Perkins, :laugh: didn't some people ask a few of you if you worked for the media or the Pacers because of how in-depth we were talking?

RWB
04-12-2005, 12:02 PM
The set up at the Pizza King is nearly ideal for what we are doing. In addition we have several regulars that drive in from outside the Indy area & they don't seem to mind too much.

I'd like to go with the King this time around but would more than happy to try another spot for our fall party.

I agree Jose. It hasn't been a problem for the Mrs. and I traveling over a 100 miles. Oh, by the way I believe we should make it. :)

Harddrive7
04-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Did you just invite us all to your house for brats? :woohoo:

Maybe I mis-read that, though.......:blush:

uhhhh...errrr...yeah, I uhhhh...Sure. My address is 7916 Pendleton Pike. Some might want to stop at the bank first.

DisplacedKnick
04-12-2005, 12:26 PM
uhhhh...errrr...yeah, I uhhhh...Sure. My address is 7916 Pendleton Pike. Some might want to stop at the bank first.

It's a trick MR. You show up, he's gonna hand you one of the kids and go for a night on the town with the Missus. :eek:

Harddrive7
04-12-2005, 12:29 PM
It's a trick MR. You show up, he's gonna hand you one of the kids and go for a night on the town with the Missus. :eek:

Damn :mad:

cramerica
04-12-2005, 12:30 PM
I think we should have it at the Denny's on Oracle and River. That's if you guys don't mind driving to Tucson.

Suaveness
04-12-2005, 01:58 PM
You pay, we'll be there

Evan_The_Dude
04-12-2005, 02:16 PM
I'll be flying out from Cali for the Black Expo, maybe I can come a little early and make it to the party...who's bringin the booze??? :buddies:

A-Train
04-12-2005, 02:19 PM
I, as always, will miss out. One of these days I'm gonna be back there for one of these gatherings.

One of these days....

I'll be in town in September for a class reunion, though!

Doug
04-12-2005, 02:33 PM
I'll be flying out from Cali for the Black Expo, maybe I can come a little early and make it to the party...who's bringin the booze??? :buddies:

Ask for a seat next to FireTheCoach and me. We seem to be the only ones who drink at these things.

Nobody's willing to take the risk anymore after we all got drunk at one of them and stormed Donnie's office demanding that he lock Austin up to a long-term contract, no matter what the cost.

Spicoli
04-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Count me in the adult beverage section. :blush: :buddies:

DisplacedKnick
04-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Ask for a seat next to FireTheCoach and me. We seem to be the only ones who drink at these things.

I had a beer last winter - felt like I was sitting with a bunch of Mormons.

Skaut_Ech
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM

That's weird. Mom just sent a postcard to me from there. "Loving my vacation. Wish you were here." Huh...go figure.

DisplacedKnick
04-12-2005, 02:47 PM
That's weird. Mom just sent a postcard to me from there. "Loving my vacation. Wish you were here." Huh...go figure.

From the bank? ;)

Doug
04-12-2005, 02:49 PM
I had a beer last winter - felt like I was sitting with a bunch of Mormons.I thought about adding you to the drinking section, but we seem to be on an alternate party schedule right now.

Right now I'm probably going to miss the summer party, again.

Los Angeles
04-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Wish I could work it out to be there, I'd like to meet some of you in person.

But unfortunately, I don't think I'll make it.

Have fun without me (as I'm sure you will ;) )

MagicRat
04-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Wish I could work it out to be there, I'd like to meet some of you in person.

But unfortunately, I don't think I'll make it.

Have fun without me (as I'm sure you will ;) )

Maybe you can dial in on that new cell phone........****!

Los Angeles
04-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Maybe you can dial in on that new cell phone........****!
HAHAHAHAHA!

Kick me while I'm down why don't you!

:D

Stryder
04-12-2005, 03:34 PM
I desperately want to come to one of these shin-digs. But, July 2 is a day that has been planned a long time in advance, so I cannot break the date.

As I have said before, one of these days, I am going to come to one of these get-togethers...

ReggieMiller8325
04-12-2005, 03:49 PM
I might be able to make it if i persuade my parents to take me to indiana and you can finnaly meet ReggieMiller8335 :devil: .

Hicks
04-12-2005, 04:39 PM

Doug > :buddies: < FTC

:D ;)

Just don't throw any bottles at us when we're lying on the Pizza King's scorer's table.....

Hicks
04-12-2005, 04:41 PM
I might be able to make it if i persuade my parents to take me to indiana and you can finnaly meet ReggieMiller8335 :devil: .

You must be this tall *gestures* to ride the forum party. And provide a valid driver's license. I'm very sorry.

Since86
04-12-2005, 04:53 PM

You let me pay you back, and I'd definately drink with you two. ;) :D

But alas, two more years before I can come out of night debt.........

Unclebuck
04-12-2005, 04:55 PM
You must be this tall *gestures* to ride the forum party. And provide a valid driver's license. I'm very sorry.

That is so wild. Hicks, I had a post all written out almost exactly like yours but I decided not to post it. Although I spelled lisence correctly.

Hicks
04-12-2005, 05:09 PM
What's an edit button do? :devil:

:whistle:

Unclebuck
04-12-2005, 05:15 PM

Hold the phone, you have too much power

ReggieMiller8325
04-12-2005, 05:16 PM
I can come I'm 6 feat tall and stolde a drivers liscense. :devil:

sweabs
04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Canadian Pacers Digest Forum Party #2

Where? Louisville's house.
When? Every playoff game.
What? His big screen TV - high def.

Right man? :devil:

ChicagoJ
04-12-2005, 05:26 PM

Hold the phone, you have too much power

:girlfight:

*whistle*

Hicks
04-12-2005, 05:29 PM
:D I kid, I kid. (Or as Triumph might say, I keeed)

ChicagoJ
04-12-2005, 05:36 PM
:D I kid, I kid. (Or as Triumph might say, I keeed)

I should've seen that coming. :fatbanana

:goodevil:

Hicks
04-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Feel lucky, I thought about replacing it with a long, multi-paragraph argument from you listing why I should in fact have MORE power. ;) :D

Diamond Dave
04-12-2005, 07:39 PM
It has been agreed upon, the Peck's will be invading Pizza King on July 2nd.

And sadly, the invasion of Papa John's will be on July 3rd. :blush:

Pig Nash
04-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I should be able to come to this king as i am able to drive myself now. woo. will know for sure within the month.

Suaveness
04-12-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm hungry now...

SoupIsGood
04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I might drive up there and party with all you fogies (;)), if I can peel myself away from blowing crap up for the holidays.

It'd be damn akward (and boring) being one of the few under the legal limit, though.

Pig Nash
04-12-2005, 08:24 PM
i'll be there with you man. and also, some one might wanna bring some crow to eat regarding me goin crazy.

Suaveness
04-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I might drive up there and party with all you fogies (;)), if I can peel myself away from blowing crap up for the holidays.

It'd be damn akward (and boring) being one of the few under the legal limit, though.

Don't be silly, a lot of us are :flirt:

Unclebuck
04-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Plus, us fogies like to take advantage of supple young boys like you.

Errrr, uhhhh, is this not the way to get people to come to the party?

This reminds me of that post from that guy on the Rats forum. He was smart enough to be able to look at the forum pictures and determine I was a child molester, and he had some other "kind" words to say about some of the others who attended. So Btown maybe your post might be taken out of context.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Hold the phone!!!

Rats = Star

Star = Rats

?

Have I, at last, made the connection?

Unclebuck
04-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Hold the phone!!!

Rats = Star

Star = Rats

?

Have I, at last, made the connection?

Thats it

Hicks
04-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Ring the bell, suckers, he got it.

Suaveness
04-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Ding DONG

Los Angeles
04-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Even though I knew what rats refered to, I never bothered to spell it backwards.

:dunce:

Anthem
04-12-2005, 10:29 PM
I actually may be in town then. I'll see how it goes.

burnzone
04-12-2005, 11:57 PM
I'll be there

DisplacedKnick
04-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Plus, us fogies like to take advantage of supple young boys like you.

Errrr, uhhhh, is this not the way to get people to come to the party?

Michael? Thought you were tied up with that trial ...

Harddrive7
04-13-2005, 08:22 AM
Thats it

Well now I don't look the fool any longer. I didn't know either. :blush:

Jose Slaughter
04-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the bump B

I was gonna hold off for a little while before I did another "party thread" because the focus of the board will be on the playoffs.

I'm really looking forward to this party. Looks like we are gonna have a pretty good turn out again.