PDA

View Full Version : Could Reggie be BS'ing everyone??

PacerMan
04-12-2005, 12:15 AM
I don't REALLY think so, BUT.........................

A team loses arguably it's three BEST players. Coaches and management are frantic. A year that began with a legit shot at the finals now looks like it won't go past the regular season. Short of bodies and shorter on talent, WHAT could possibly keep a team together and playing hard in such a situation? What would keep such a team from packing it in and mailing in the rest of the season?????

PERHAPS using the Reggie card to inspire drop dead effort?????????

( he JUST said he was having the MOST fun in his entire career)

Again, I don't really think this is what's happening, but it's been a persistant murmur in the back of my mind.

sweabs
04-12-2005, 12:16 AM
:lurk:

PacerMan
04-12-2005, 12:17 AM
:lurk:

i don't get it?

sweabs
04-12-2005, 12:17 AM
i don't get it?

Is this another one of those "Reggie isn't retiring!!! He should come back!!! I think he will!" threads?

Will Galen
04-12-2005, 12:22 AM
I don't REALLY think so, BUT.........................

A team loses arguably it's three BEST players. Coaches and management are frantic. A year that began with a legit shot at the finals now looks like it won't go past the regular season. Short of bodies and shorter on talent, WHAT could possibly keep a team together and playing hard in such a situation? What would keep such a team from packing it in and mailing in the rest of the season?????

PERHAPS using the Reggie card to inspire drop dead effort?????????

( he JUST said he was having the MOST fun in his entire career)

Again, I don't really think this is what's happening, but it's been a persistant murmur in the back of my mind.

Right now I don't think Reggie will come back, I really think he's made up his mind. I think he has other interests to keep him occupied. However, Reggie told former Pacer coach Ramsey (color man on ABC'S Sunday game) that he would continue to work out this summer.

Jose Slaughter
04-12-2005, 12:30 AM
He knew when he signed his 3 year 18M dollar contract that he was only gonna play 2 seasons.

That was his way of getting the 9M per season he wanted to start with.

Kstat
04-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Is this another one of those "Reggie isn't retiring!!! He should come back!!! I think he will!" threads?

No need, I brought my own :lurk: this time......

3ptmiller
04-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Nope, Regg is serious about this one.. :cry:

Hoop
04-12-2005, 12:59 AM
He knew when he signed his 3 year 18M dollar contract that he was only gonna play 2 seasons.

That was his way of getting the 9M per season he wanted to start with.

That makes absolutely no sense. :shrug:

He will not be paid for next season, if he is not playing.

Reg made $5,625,000 (A Bargain) this season and "would" make $6,250,000 if he played next season.

3ptmiller
04-12-2005, 01:02 AM
That makes absolutely no sense. :shrug:

He will not be paid for next season, if he is not playing.

Reg made $5,625,000 (A Bargain) this season and "would" make $6,250,000 if he played next season.

What do they do with so much money!!? :crazy:

Hoop
04-12-2005, 01:06 AM
They spend it of course, most everyone lives up to what there income level supports. You make more, you spend more. ;)

3ptmiller
04-12-2005, 01:09 AM
They spend it of course, most everyone lives up to what there income level supports. You make more, you spend more. ;)

6.000.000! Thats like 60 Lambourghinis! He can buy a house for every pacer fan! :D Cmon... i mean, i play basketball at a pro league here in Sweden aswell, the highest somebody was payed here was 90.000$ for a Year, (and thats alot!) That would be hilarious to be payed 6.000.000$ to have EXTREME FUN and get Famous.. and some players doesnt even have to play! Just sit there layed back (bender? :)) its sick! :disturbed

Bball
04-12-2005, 02:39 AM

Strip clubs... gambling... hookers...

Same stuff as everybody else! ;)

-Bball

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-12-2005, 02:52 AM
Houses, Cars, more houses, real estate, shoes, clothes, swimming pools, vacations, and a lot of bling bling.

Oh, and recording studios and record companies! ;)

DisplacedKnick
04-12-2005, 07:44 AM

Well, in his case in NBA fines.

I remember his 1st full season with the Pacers. I think he was making like 1.2 million (about 700 grand after taxes) and he kept rolling up these monster fines - 100 grand for the camera, another big one for saluting the Miami fans - I figured he might end up being the only NBA player in history who had to pay the league for the privilege of playing.

3ptmiller
04-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Houses, Cars, more houses, real estate, shoes, clothes, swimming pools, vacations, and a lot of bling bling.

Oh, ok i rest my case :cool:

Evan_The_Dude
04-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Dentist? :::ducks and runs::: :zip:

cramerica
04-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm a Reggie Miller fan, but I just don't get it. If you make that much money, why wouldn't you want to get your teeth fixed?

Los Angeles
04-12-2005, 02:59 PM
AARP membership?

Gyron
04-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Hopefully the Pacers have a nice 401K program and Reggie took full use of it..........

3ptmiller
04-12-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm a Reggie Miller fan, but I just don't get it. If you make that much money, why wouldn't you want to get your teeth fixed?

I think he has done it alot of times, but players like Starks, Kobe, Shaq keeps his teeth ***** up :laugh:

3Ball
04-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Jermaine O'Neal makes about as much as 500 public school teachers combined. He makes about 37 times as much as the President.

aceace
04-12-2005, 05:52 PM
If Reggie retires (assumed) he doesn't get that third year does he. The contract becomes null and void.

Destined4Greatness
04-12-2005, 06:04 PM
I can see it now.

First home game next year.

Ashton Kutcher Walks out, Hey indiana you been punk'd. Reggie runs onto the court.

grace
04-12-2005, 06:25 PM

David Bowie won't get his teeth fixed because he thinks it will affect his singing voice. Maybe Reggie has been afraid to fix them for fear it will mess with his shooting? ;)

PacerMan
04-14-2005, 01:14 AM

If you can't grasp the difference, I can't explain it to you. :)

8.9_seconds
04-24-2005, 10:40 PM

Good! I'm glad someone said it! I absolutely adore Reggie too, but darling, fix your teeth please!!! I mean Reggie's already had braces on his legs, and look what that did too him, so why not go for the teeth now?

Mr. Pink
04-24-2005, 11:17 PM
What's wrong with his teeth?

grace
04-24-2005, 11:55 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thank you for bumping another Reggie Retiring? thread to the top.

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

And if you really want to complain about his teeth blame it on the Simons. They went and bought him a Bentley when they really should have gotten him some dental insurance.

Mr. Pink
04-24-2005, 11:58 PM
What college did Jayson Williams play for. The Jayson Williams that shot the limo driver and that played for the Nets a few years back.

Thanks. It's killing me because I can't think of it.

Kstat
04-24-2005, 11:58 PM
St. John's.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Thank you!

Anthem
04-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Thank you for bumping another Reggie Retiring? thread to the top.

My fault... I told him to go back and read the old threads. I forgot to say "Don't bump them."

8.9_seconds
04-25-2005, 12:17 AM
My fault... I told him to go back and read the old threads. I forgot to say "Don't bump them."

hehe lived to regret that one didn't ya...haha I knew you would remeber,just like Reggie likes being the villian, I like bein the smartass!!!!

Anthem
04-25-2005, 12:26 AM
hehe lived to regret that one didn't ya...haha I knew you would remeber,just like Reggie likes being the villian, I like bein the smartass!!!!

Well, you're very good at it. :devil:

Mr. Pink
04-25-2005, 12:35 AM
I can see it now.

First home game next year.

Ashton Kutcher Walks out, Hey indiana you been punk'd. Reggie runs onto the court.

How mad would you all be if they actually did this?

I think it would be funny, personally. Almost like a Andy Kaufman type of prank.

Eindar
04-25-2005, 01:42 AM
Someone check to see if the first game next year is at home! No way Reggie would miss a game for a prank, but otherwise... :P

grace
04-25-2005, 03:09 AM
How mad would you all be if they actually did this?

Well there's that pesky little issue of having a roster spot open for him.