PDA

View Full Version : AAAAAAaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peck
04-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Of all the D@mn times this season, tonight is the one night my Tivo missed the game.

I came home expecting to set down & watch the game only to see Nothing where there should have been a game.

:censored: :censored: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kstat
04-11-2005, 11:15 PM
edit your thread title, please.

Los Angeles
04-11-2005, 11:18 PM
We won ugly, so I don't know if you missed a whole lot. :whoknows:

ABADays
04-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Man Peck - you missed it. The basket made by Reggie to pass the logo was spectacular seeing as how 6 guys were hanging on him. Then the end - holy cow - we missed a shot with .01 to go but two of the Raptors got double technicals for punching the ref. We, of course, converted all of them. It was awesome.

Jermaniac
04-11-2005, 11:24 PM
You didnt miss much

DisplacedKnick
04-11-2005, 11:29 PM
We won ugly, so I don't know if you missed a whole lot. :whoknows:

I thought the last 20 seconds was kinda good - where Freddie went down and put the Pacers up 2 on a windmill dunk, then, after falling out of bounds under the basket raced back, caught up with Bosh as he looked about to finish a 3-on-2 break for the tie and swatted the ball away - not only that but swatted it to Jax so they had to foul.

And I have no idea how Reggie pulled that one shot out of his @ss - the one in the third where the shot clock was running down, AJ threw a bad pass and he sort of heaved it at the basket while he was falling out of bounds. Thought he was going for the jumping TO myself, next thing I know the ball's falling through - where'd he end up anyway? In the 2nd row of the stands?

Best game I've seen Austin play in a LONG time. DD looked tired and couldn't do squat with Bosh, then Croshere comes in and locked him down - didn't know he had that in him.

Will Galen
04-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Hehehehehe! I love it!

Bball
04-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Reggie's halfcourt shot is still what I'm surprised with. Nothing but net. And such a big basket. I guess we shouldn't really be surprised anymore.

-Bball

DisplacedKnick
04-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Reggie's halfcourt shot is still what I'm surprised with. Nothing but net. And such a big basket. I guess we shouldn't really be surprised anymore.

-Bball

Kind of one-upped the shot Toronto hit at the end of the half didn't it?

I figured he'd be dead after yesterday - ol' chicken legs is about as well conditioned as anyone in the league, even at his age. Crazy stuff.

Will Galen
04-12-2005, 12:02 AM
I found this comment by Rose interesting.

http://sports.excite.com/news/04112005/v4758.html
"I've played with Reggie for five and a half years and I've never seen him pump-fake somebody like he pumped-fake me and get a foul," Rose said. "I guess he didn't teach me that one."

To bad you can't see it Peck.

DisplacedKnick
04-12-2005, 12:05 AM
I found this comment by Rose interesting.

http://sports.excite.com/news/04112005/v4758.html
"I've played with Reggie for five and a half years and I've never seen him pump-fake somebody like he pumped-fake me and get a foul," Rose said. "I guess he didn't teach me that one."

To bad you can't see it Peck.

It's taken me 15 years to figure out how he can be so good at hitting the shot after the pump-fake. If the guy doesn't foul him - or only does a little, the defender's so out of position that he just shoots a set shot - doesn't jump at all. That happened twice in a row tonight.

Bball
04-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Kind of one-upped the shot Toronto hit at the end of the half didn't it?

I figured he'd be dead after yesterday - ol' chicken legs is about as well conditioned as anyone in the league, even at his age. Crazy stuff.

If Reggie could've brought this type of game (like we've seen the past several games and especially tonight) I think maybe the ECF's would've turned out differently.

Of course I realize tonight was only Toronto but the things Reggie was doing were just amazing for a guy his age... or half his age for that matter. It's not so much the scoring, it was the timeliness of the baskets... and the ice water in his veins taking a couple of those shots. The half court shot was amazing tho. He must practice that because I can't imagine that just being luck. He actually had form on it (looked like a regular Reggie three, just deeper). Maybe they should fire Lebron from the commercial where he is hitting those 'fake' full court shots and just use Reggie hitting real half court shots?

-Bball

MagicRat
04-12-2005, 12:30 AM
I was actually surprised that Reggie performed all of these heroics coming off of the bench. During the post game show Rick said he talked it over with Larry and Donnie and they all agreed that it was time for Reggie's legacy starts to end........

ChicagoJ
04-12-2005, 09:48 AM

-Bball

Wasn't that the one with 20 seconds still on the shotclock?

I still can't believe SJax gave the uncle an earful about 'shot selection' during the next timeout. But Reggie was right, if Rick's just gonna let the guys stand around, then Reggie -from half-court- is our best option.

:D

Suaveness
04-12-2005, 10:06 AM
You think by now Peck would have found a copy of the game...to see that you are LYING???

Sorry Peck....it was actually a foot inside of halfcourt. They just like to exaggerate....

ABADays
04-12-2005, 10:47 AM
OK Peck - with the writing talent on this thread you should have a clear understanding of what you missed. Right?