PDA

View Full Version : UB was absolutely right

ABADays
04-11-2005, 10:17 PM
His observation about the P's looking tired was right on. 1-1 against two non-playoff teams tends to support his theory. They look like the tank is about empty.

MagicRat
04-11-2005, 10:31 PM
They've played a lot of games lately. Of course they're tired.

Or, as my wife put it tonight, "Why are they always on?".........

Spicoli
04-11-2005, 10:33 PM
I was thinking the same thing throughout the game. We were very fortunate to come away with a W tonight. Raps made some dumb plays and the P's caught a few breaks.

I'll take it though. I hope the team can find a way to rejuvenate itself before the playoffs.

Unclebuck
04-11-2005, 11:20 PM
The bench was the difference tonight

DisplacedKnick
04-11-2005, 11:21 PM
They used up a LOT of energy yesterday - and then had to take the show on the road after a tough OT game. I'd have been shocked if they hadn't looked tired - part of the reason why the 2nd string was so effective.

Indyfan
04-11-2005, 11:31 PM
I was at the game tonight and I can say first hand that this team is running on empty. We looked slow and a step behind all night. I can't imagine how we won this to be honest! It was an ugly game and not much fun to be at, except for Reggie having a very good game and passing West while I was there. Jax looked like he was out of it most of the night, AJ had moments when he just ran the clock down and then didn't get any decent shot off, Cro and freddie look like they have very little confidence, passing up many open shots. Foster and Dale played ok, but there wasn't much energy from either of them and they both usually bring that to the team. JJ looked great and Rick showed a lot of confidence in him leaving him in at the end with the starters. We have to have him back next year.

Hope we can keep it going but we do look very tired right now!

Anthem
04-12-2005, 01:51 AM
ABA sez: "UB was absolutely right."

Buck, that's two in two days. You're on a roll, man.

sweabs
04-12-2005, 09:33 AM
I was at the game tonight and I can say first hand that this team is running on empty. We looked slow and a step behind all night. I can't imagine how we won this to be honest! It was an ugly game and not much fun to be at, except for Reggie having a very good game and passing West while I was there. Jax looked like he was out of it most of the night, AJ had moments when he just ran the clock down and then didn't get any decent shot off, Cro and freddie look like they have very little confidence, passing up many open shots. Foster and Dale played ok, but there wasn't much energy from either of them and they both usually bring that to the team. JJ looked great and Rick showed a lot of confidence in him leaving him in at the end with the starters. We have to have him back next year.

Hope we can keep it going but we do look very tired right now!

You were at the game? Where are you from?

ABADays
04-12-2005, 10:48 AM
ABA sez: "UB was absolutely right."

Buck, that's two in two days. You're on a roll, man.

As if my validation is required :blush:

Indyfan
04-12-2005, 11:13 AM
You were at the game? Where are you from?

I am from northern NY, about 4 hours from Toronto. It is the closest game for us to get to so we try to go every year. Were you there last night? Where did you sit? We were in section 104 on the corner.

sweabs
04-12-2005, 05:08 PM
I am from northern NY, about 4 hours from Toronto. It is the closest game for us to get to so we try to go every year. Were you there last night? Where did you sit? We were in section 104 on the corner.

I couldn't go because I had a final this morning which I depserately needed to study for (don't know if it helped), and also have one tomorrow.

LouisvilleLip was at the game - I'm not sure where he sat. He will probably chime in here or give us a game report.