PDA

View Full Version : I heard of ESPN radio today

Bball
04-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Couldn't he go to an 'away' playoff game? That would kill two birds with one stone: See the Pacers (and the other team) and avoid having his hearing hurt from the booing.

-Bball

sweabs
04-11-2005, 02:34 PM
How are fans going to directly "boo" at him? It's not like the PA guy is going to announce, "And look who's with us today! Daviddddddddddd STERN!!!!!!!!" - and then show him on the jumbotron.

.......or will they? :devil:

However, I'm sure the fans within his general locale will let him know how they feel.

Unclebuck
04-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Yeh that was reported in an article that was posted yesterday.

scar
04-11-2005, 02:49 PM
I think David Stern should let Ronnie come with him. Stern can be sort of like a guardian or something and babysit Ronnie.

Reggie4Three
04-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Right now I'm hoping Stern chooses a road playoff game. Nothing good can come out of him coming to Indiana. It's just an opportunity for Pacers fans to look bad.

Anthem
04-11-2005, 03:43 PM
It's not like the PA guy is going to announce, "And look who's with us today! Daviddddddddddd STERN!!!!!!!!" - and then show him on the jumbotron.

I certainly hope so.

Unclebuck
04-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Unless Stern is presenting an award of some sort, he is never announced as being there. So unless the fans in the first few rows, people Don Marsh, Bill Estis, Tony Dungy, and Payton Manning start abusing him, Stern will get out of town unharmed.

Who presented Ron with the D.P.Y. award last year. Iit was not stern

Anthem
04-11-2005, 04:07 PM
I heard of ESPN radio today

Kinda slow, aren't ya? I'd heard of ESPN radio YEARS ago!

:devil:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Mourning
04-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Couldn't he go to an 'away' playoff game? That would kill two birds with one stone: See the Pacers (and the other team) and avoid having his hearing hurt from the booing.

-Bball

That makes TOO much sense!!! DAMN! JUST when my hope was getting UP!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Mourning
04-11-2005, 04:44 PM
How are fans going to directly "boo" at him? It's not like the PA guy is going to announce, "And look who's with us today! Daviddddddddddd STERN!!!!!!!!" - and then show him on the jumbotron.

.......or will they? :devil:

Well.... we can still have hope and/or dream about such a "paradise" scenario, can't we? :whoknows:

:devil:

Regards,

Mourning
04-11-2005, 04:47 PM
"Im not sure what game he is going to, but if I was the owner of the team I wouldnt let him into the stadium.

Either that or let him in and give every fan a chair to throw at him, hand out free batteries that could be thrown at him, but I figured that would be way to nice................."

:hmm: :drooling::drool: hmmm.... those ARE still some good, helpfull suggestions though ;).

Regards,

MSA2CF
04-11-2005, 04:54 PM
They occasionally do show celebrities who are at the game on the center scoreboard, so it's possible...

grace
04-11-2005, 06:36 PM
I would think he can't possibly be that stupid to go to a game here, but he obviously doesn't have the sense God gave a gnat so I suppose anything is possible.

When he was here last year before the playoffs (the day he had lunch with the season ticket holders) I saw where he was sitting during the game. I can't remember if they introduced him or what, but I knew where he was.

I hope he doesn't come. I really don't want to have to spend the night in jail. :unhappy:

Kegboy
04-13-2005, 10:08 AM
I would think he can't possibly be that stupid to go to a game here, but he obviously doesn't have the sense God gave a gnat so I suppose anything is possible.

When he was here last year before the playoffs (the day he had lunch with the season ticket holders) I saw where he was sitting during the game. I can't remember if they introduced him or what, but I knew where he was.

I hope he doesn't come. I really don't want to have to spend the night in jail. :unhappy:

Well, hopefully they'd tell us he's gonna be here beforehand so I can bring bail money.

MagicRat
04-13-2005, 10:38 AM

Unless Palace security is working that game I doubt you'll be able to get to the lower level..........:-p

DisplacedKnick
04-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Either that or let him in and give every fan a chair to throw at him, hand out free batteries that could be thrown at him, but I figured that would be way to nice................."

Do like they do in Italy and hand out flares with a book of matches - either to the first couple thousand arrivals or to anyone wearing a "Stuck Fern" T-shirt.

DisplacedKnick
04-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Unless Palace security is working that game I doubt you'll be able to get to the lower level..........:-p

Tell you what - Sunday's the first game I've been to in over a year but the security people that stand on the edge of the court opposite the benches during breaks are certainly anti-jovial.

Especially the lady standing in front of the 15/16 aisle. She scared me.

The in-stand usher wasn't bad though - she saw what I was wearing and asked how they let me in the building. Kind of had fun with her.

beast23
04-13-2005, 02:08 PM
A couple of thoughts:

1. Stern probably doesn't have the "courage" to come to Indy. The "Stern Sucks" chants would probably last several minutes, once he is recognized by enough folks around him that are willing to start the chant.

2. If Stern did come to Indy, I think it would really be thumbing his nose at Indy because anyone with any sense at all would realize that Stern's presence would be a distraction to the game itself.

I don't know about coins, chairs, batteries and the like. But I'd be willing to bet that Stern sees at least one beer up close and personal the next game he attends in Indy. I figure just about anybody could emulate a Dick Van Dyke routine and pretend to stumble and fall, while tossing the beer on Stern.