PDA

View Full Version : Reggie passes Jerry West tonight!

3ptmiller
04-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Yep just wanted you guys to know that Reggie needs only 10 points to pass Jerry Wests 25.192 total points and move to #12 on the all time Scoring List right up there with the other basketball legends.. he probably will score at least 10 tonight against the Toronto Raptors! Im looking forward to it! BIG Milestone for Reggie since he followed Wests game and was a great fan..

Anthem
04-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Man, that's great. I never would have thought he'd make it this far.

Harddrive7
04-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Just amazing what this guy has done for his career. He still looks 29. Unreal.

Indyfan
04-11-2005, 11:27 AM
I'll be at the game tonight and I'm really hoping to see him do it! With my luck he'll score 9, but mostly I'm just hoping for a win. We need to bounce back after yesterday in strong fashion.

Go Reggie, its my last chance to see him in person, and GO PACERS!

cramerica
04-11-2005, 12:33 PM
If Reggie would play next year, injury-free we'll presume and at a consistent level to this year...how far would he get and who would he pass?

3ptmiller
04-11-2005, 12:39 PM
If Reggie would play next year, injury-free we'll presume and at a consistent level to this year...how far would he get and who would he pass?

I dont know since Ron,Tinsley,Jax,Dale,Jermaine would be on the starting lineup next year, but he still could pass Alex English next year tho with ease and climb to rank #11, even if he scores 10 ppg from the bench.. but if he plays the same minutes like today and plays at this level like today he could sure climb to rank #10 over John Havlicek and race with Dominique Wilkins/Oscar Robertson.. aaaand he would have a Ring, but hey, he wants to retire so...

sweabs
04-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Speaking of Reggie & Records...I'm starting to worry that Quentin Richardson is going to creep up on that 3-pt record of his sometime in his late career!!! However, that's assuming he stays on Phoenix where they allow him to jack up 3 after 3 after 3.

TheSauceMaster
04-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Actually 10 pts would tie , so really he needs 11 points to pass West.

Jermaniac
04-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Thats great, I hope we get the win for Reggie.

Jermaniac
04-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Also I just heared that the Raps are honouring Reggie before the game.

3Ball
04-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Right now on the All-Time scoring list:
10. John Havlicek 26,395
11. Alex English 25,613
12. Jerry West 25,192
13. Reggie Miller 25,182

Other the last 3 seasons, Miller has scored 1304 pts, 882 pts, and 800 pts, but this year he alread has 877 with games still to go. Basically, it means if he played another year he would probably move above Enlish but probably wouldn't eke into the top 10.

3ptmiller
04-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Actually 10 pts would tie , so really he needs 11 points to pass West.

right :D

Harddrive7
04-11-2005, 01:50 PM
I'll be at the game tonight and I'm really hoping to see him do it! With my luck he'll score 9, but mostly I'm just hoping for a win. We need to bounce back after yesterday in strong fashion.

Go Reggie, its my last chance to see him in person, and GO PACERS!

You live in Toronto?

3ptmiller
04-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Speaking of Reggie & Records...I'm starting to worry that Quentin Richardson is going to creep up on that 3-pt record of his sometime in his late career!!! However, that's assuming he stays on Phoenix where they allow him to jack up 3 after 3 after 3.

Yea if he stays healthy for 18 seasons and gets at least 160 3PTers per season then maybe, just maybe... Im more worried about Peja Stojakovic tho, he already has 1000 3PTers made and he is hitting 3s like crazy and with extreme accuracy. Last season he got 240 3PTers made on 43.3% accuracy, just amazing.. The highest Reggie had was 229 on 42% accuracy and Peja got this season 170 and counting, he WILL break Reggies record :(

sweabs
04-11-2005, 02:11 PM
I know Louisville will be heading to the game tonight to see Reggie for one last time.

My last time will have been at the bomb-threat Pistons game...unless we see Detroit in the post-season :devil:

I'm not surprised that the Raptors are honouring Reggie. Even though people like to crack jokes about their poor excuse for a management team, they still run a pretty classy organization. Although there is not much of a history between the 2 clubs, I expect fans to give Reggie a warm applause.

MSA2CF
04-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Well, records are meant to be broken. Someone will break Reggie's record...

But I don't think Peja will do it.

3ptmiller
04-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Well, records are meant to be broken. Someone will break Reggie's record...

But I don't think Peja will do it.

Yea records are meant to be broken, but Reggies 3PTs Made record will stay very very very very long, maybe forever, its almost impossible, why? Because if you think about it, Reggie has made 2.552 3PTers so far under 18 years (150 made per season).. this means if somebody want to break his record, he has to be Reggie 2 "Super Reggie". With other words, he have to have better work ethics (almost impossible with todays youngsters), he have to stay healthy 82 games and 18 seasons and have the Exact same physical/menthal body & mind & skills when he is 40 as when he was 22(almost impossible with todays youngsters), he has to give the same effect/performance thru the whole Injury-Free Career. If there is a player like that? :cool:

Jermaniac
04-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Sorry to go off topic but the thing I worry about with Reggie being gone next year is not his stats and playing ability I know someone is going to fill that in but I'm real worried about who the leader is going to be, Reggie keeps this team together the other night Jack got in a argument and who calmed him down, Reggie. I'm just worried that with him gone this team may go off track next year.

3ptmiller
04-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Sorry to go off topic but the thing I worry about with Reggie being gone next year is not his stats and playing ability I know someone is going to fill that in but I'm real worried about who the leader is going to be, Reggie keeps this team together the other night Jack got in a argument and who calmed him down, Reggie. I'm just worried that with him gone this team may go off track next year.

Yea man, very good point... i wonder that to! I mean, we will have Jax, Ron, Jermaine, Tinsley.. everybody will fight for the ball to score, the thing that worries me aswell is if they actually share the ball, the would have like 12 ppg each.. :laugh:

Anthem
04-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Yea man, very good point... i wonder that to! I mean, we will have Jax, Ron, Jermaine, Tinsley.. everybody will fight for the ball to score, the thing that worries me aswell is if they actually share the ball, the would have like 12 ppg each.. :laugh:

Tinsley has shown he's more than happy to pass instead of score. And Dale doesn't need shots.

I don't think you'd want less than 3 scorers in your starting lineup. I'm not worried about it.

ReggieMiller8325
04-11-2005, 06:10 PM
well this picks up my mad and sad modd a little bit. :)

3ptmiller
04-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Tinsley has shown he's more than happy to pass instead of score. And Dale doesn't need shots.

I don't think you'd want less than 3 scorers in your starting lineup. I'm not worried about it.

Yea im just joking ;) Im sure Carlisle will work out some powerfull tactics, however it goes! Championship next year! :cool:

3ptmiller
04-11-2005, 08:09 PM
YEA REGGIE!! HE DID IT! :D

Anthem
04-11-2005, 08:16 PM
That's freaking awesome.

Go Uncle Reggie.

rel
04-11-2005, 10:02 PM
YEA REGGIE!! HE DID IT! :D

he also did it with his patented 3