PDA

View Full Version : So what's up with Tinsley?

Anthem
04-10-2005, 10:00 PM
First off, props to AJ, blah blah blah.

But what's the deal with Tins? I thought we'd settled that he was done for the year, but then this was in the paper this morning:

O'Neal smiles when talking about playing with Davis. The smile widens when he talks about what might lie ahead for the Pacers. They're winning now. He'll be back at some point. Jamaal Tinsley could return, too. Then, suddenly, all the injuries and suspensions that have made this season so difficult become a positive because they'll have fresher legs than other teams, not to mention a chip on their shoulder.

It's a Montieth article, and I'm at the phase with him that I have no idea how to take that. Here are my options as I see them:

As a throwaway line: Tinsley's out for the season, but might play for a couple of minutes in game 7 of the finals, assuming the first 3 rounds go to 7 games as well (i.e., Tins is still almost 2 months out).
As denial: Everyone knows Tins is out for the year, but until it's finally announced, we'll continue to hope (and print) that there's a chance he'll come back (i.e., no chance, but we're waiting for the official word)
As a decent chance: Tins is still not feeling well, and he has another 2-3 weeks of "the boot." He won't be back in the first round, but assuming we don't sweep our way through he may be available for Round 2.
As a betrayed secret: Tinsley will be ready for Round 1, but we're not spreading that word, hoping to have the advantage of surprise against our first-round opponent. Plus they don't want a quarterback controversy in the middle of a win streak (I can hope, right?).

So, whatcha think? Will we see Tins out on the hardwood this year?

NotLosingButWinning
04-10-2005, 10:03 PM
First off, props to AJ, blah blah blah.

But what's the deal with Tins? I thought we'd settled that he was done for the year, but then this was in the paper this morning:

It's a Montieth article, and I'm at the phase with him that I have no idea how to take that. Here are my options as I see them:

As a throwaway line: Tinsley's out for the season, but might play for a couple of minutes in game 7 of the finals, assuming the first 3 rounds go to 7 games as well (i.e., Tins is still almost 2 months out).
As denial: Everyone knows Tins is out for the year, but until it's finally announced, we'll continue to hope (and print) that there's a chance he'll come back (i.e., no chance, but we're waiting for the official word)
As a decent chance: Tins is still not feeling well, and he has another 2-3 weeks of "the boot." He won't be back in the first round, but assuming we don't sweep our way through he may be available for Round 2.
As a betrayed secret: Tinsley will be ready for Round 1, but we're not spreading that word, hoping to have the advantage of surprise against our first-round opponent. Plus they don't want a quarterback controversy in the middle of a win streak (I can hope, right?).

So, whatcha think? Will we see Tins out on the hardwood this year?

if we get past the first round, i think he'll be able to go in the second. any earlier than that is a stretch, imo.

Jaydawg2270
04-10-2005, 10:04 PM
HOPEFULLY FIRST ROUND

Bball
04-10-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't think he's wearing the boot now... and I saw him working on his 'bounce the ball off the floor and into the basket shot' the other night.

OTOH... I thought he was still favoring the foot.

I don't think they've officially written off the season because I don't think they exactly know why it's taking so long to heal.

-Bball

Anthem
04-10-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't think he's wearing the boot now...

This is why I hate the Indystar.

10 days ago, Montieth said he'd be in the boot for another month at the minimum.

What the heck happened? And if he's suddenly doing better, why aren't we hearing it?

Bball
04-10-2005, 11:37 PM
This is why I hate the Indystar.

10 days ago, Montieth said he'd be in the boot for another month at the minimum.

What the heck happened? And if he's suddenly doing better, why aren't we hearing it?

Maybe 10 days is a month in 'bunny time' (like dog years - 1yr = 7yrs).

-Bball

Anthem
04-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Maybe 10 days is a month in 'bunny time' (like dog years - 1yr = 7yrs).

-Bball

I doubt it. I had 7 rabbits growing up. I couldn't keep the durned things alive for more than 2 years at a time, and they all died catastrophic deaths. By your scale (10 days=30 days), one real year is like three bunny years. But my experience tells me that one real year is like 40 bunny years.

I'm a sick man.

Bball
04-11-2005, 12:14 AM
I doubt it. I had 7 rabbits growing up. I couldn't keep the durned things alive for more than 2 years at a time, and they all died catastrophic deaths. By your scale (10 days=30 days), one real year is like three bunny years. But my experience tells me that one real year is like 40 bunny years.

I'm a sick man.

"Say Hello to Chester.... Now say goodbye to Chester"

This reference needs a viewing of "Hoosiers" to understand.... Altho I could've went with a "Roger and Me" reference I guess ;)

-Bball

DisplacedKnick
04-11-2005, 12:24 AM
http://www.krohm.net/bernd.htm

http://www.savetoby.com/

Sweet Jesus - I have a steer out in my pasture who's gonna be steaks by about November - how much do you think I can get for him?

Of course I didn't find him under my porch ...

Anthem
04-11-2005, 12:37 AM
They're both hoaxes, in a way. savetoby does sell real merchandise, and it's hosted by GoDaddy. Here's the GoDaddy owner's blog on the subject:

http://www.bobparsons.com/50000foramannottoeatarabbitThecuriouscaseofSaveTob ycomt.html

That's brilliant, though. I'm actually somewhat in shock. I'm reasonably net-savvy... how on earth did I miss this for 2 months?