PDA

View Full Version : My biggest fear right now

Unclebuck
04-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Yes it has been fun for the past few weeks, and yes the guys have played extremely well. Their 13-6 record in the past 19 games is no fluke, I give the current players a ton of credit and I give the coaching staff all the credit in the world.

However, I have a real worry right now. Let me first say I thought after the 1st quarter the Pacers played fine today. The Knicks played very well for them and they won fair and square. Pacers had their chances but could not close the Knicks out. If the Knicks played like this more often, they would be in the playoff hunt.

So my fear has nothing to do with todays game.

My fear: the Pacers players are dead tired right now. AJ, Reggie, Jax, and Dale have been pushed to their limits. Dale was subpar in the first half today, but was able to play a pretty good 2nd half, but overall he looks very tired to me.

AJ has been pushed beyond his limits if you ask me. He played great today, but looking at him on the bench, he looked spent physically. He does not have much left.

Reggie knows his career is about over so he likely will be able to push through, but I worry about him being able to keep this pace up at his age.

Jackson who never seems to get tired has a bad ankle and hamstring and seems like he is getting mentally tired. And that is when he makes some mistakes.

Those are the 4 key players right now that are leading the team.

I really don't know how much longer those 4 guys are carry the load, the schedule does not let up until the regular season is over, never having more than 1 day between games.

As Reggie said the Pacers have been playing playoff basketball for a few weeks now, and I believe it is starting to show. So when the playoff do start, their is not another gear to click into and I fear the team being mentally and physically exhausted. There were times in the game today when the energy was poor, like the guys could not bring it.

Reggie, Dale and AJ have been pushed and forced to play much larger roles and I don't know how much longer they can keep it up

MagicRat
04-10-2005, 09:04 PM
I thought maybe your biggest fear was somebody actually sitting in that seat to your left and it finally came true..........

Unclebuck
04-10-2005, 09:13 PM
I thought maybe your biggest fear was somebody actually sitting in that seat to your left and it finally came true..........

That's it, I'm getting new seats next season. I don't like the eye in the sky. Actually the guy I used to sit with did not renew his tickets this season. So I will do something different next year. He was great to sit next to he knew basketball like the back of his hand, but he did not distract me with needless chit chat.

sweabs
04-10-2005, 10:01 PM
UB, you raise an interesting point.

To make things more interesting: if/when they are so tired, and JO comes back...are we going to see them defer to JO anyway? Even if the system is made to incoporate Jermaine, will they be so tired as to throw it in to the "fresh legs" and let him do all the work?

ABADays
04-10-2005, 10:15 PM
You could be right UB. There's been a hell of a load to carry this year. They never give up though do they? That 4th quarter comeback had to take enormous energy.

Kegboy
04-10-2005, 10:47 PM
My biggest fear is we were destined to win a championship with this team we have right now...until Peck jinxed it with his thread stating as much.

SoupIsGood
04-10-2005, 10:51 PM
I am currently invisible to the MR cam.... :P

Eindar
04-11-2005, 03:33 AM
Just like I said. We're still going to end up with a "lost" season, and no lottery pick to show for it. Even if we manage to get out of the first round, the goal is to win a title.

waterjater
04-11-2005, 03:40 AM
I'm worried about making the playoffs. We are not in yet. Magic number is still 3 at least, maybe 4. All against playoff teams or teams close to the playoffs except Toronto.

We must beat Toronto or we are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs. This is another reason the Knicks game was so Important to win!!

Water

Anthem
04-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm worried about making the playoffs. We are not in yet. Magic number is still 3 at least, maybe 4. All against playoff teams or teams close to the playoffs except Toronto.

We must beat Toronto or we are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs. This is another reason the Knicks game was so Important to win!!

It's not that bad yet.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9562&page=2

A win tonight would eliminate Orlando from the playoffs, and put New Jersey's magic number to 2 (i.e., one Pacers win and one Nets loss are all we'd need this season to clinch a playoff berth). We're in the playoffs. At this point it's just about seed.

I really don't care. We're not going to drop below #6, which is the Celtics. I have no problem playing the Celtics or the Bulls in the first round, and that's who we'll have.

Doug
04-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Snakes... Why did it have to be snakes...

Gyron
04-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Snakes... Why did it have to be snakes...

:laugh:

Spicoli
04-11-2005, 11:33 AM
I hope re-inserting JO into the line up at some point in the near future will help ease the overall team fatigue. I'm most worried about AJ and Dale in terms of physical exhaustion. I think it's pretty clear Jack has been, at the very least, mentally tired for quite a while. Not to mention how much he has been banged up lately. Reggie will be ok.

That said, my biggest fear has and always will be -- Clowns. I hate clowns.

MagicRat
04-11-2005, 12:13 PM
My biggest fear is losing to the Knicks by one in overtime then having my 6 year old throw up all over me as I'm carrying him through the very crowded walkway to the parking garage..........

Many thanks to the lady who gave me the wipes........

Bball
04-11-2005, 12:19 PM
That said, my biggest fear has and always will be -- Clowns. I hate clowns.

Then it is fortunate for you that Artest is out for the season! :devil:

-Bball ;)

ChicagoJ
04-11-2005, 12:22 PM
My biggest fear right now => was Jay's_Wife@Section204 posting on here this weekend?

I've been so p!$$ed off that the whole SJax tantrum thing from Friday's game, so she's been on here lurking and reading me some of the :sunshine: brigade's posts.

She was threatening to make a post or start a thread asking for help/ advice so that I'd quit saying, "I'd be happy if we started over with fifteen new players next season."

I do remember offering to set up an account for her, but she said she didn't need one. :shudder:

Spicoli
04-11-2005, 12:25 PM
My biggest fear is losing to the Knicks by one in overtime then having my 6 year old throw up all over me as I'm carrying him through the very crowded walkway to the parking garage..........

Many thanks to the lady who gave me the wipes........

No way! I walked right past you in the walkway yesterday. You already had the wipes in action. Didn't help the smell at all though. I commented that I was about to puke after that last tip in yesterday too.

Too funny.... :D

bmac
04-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Rats.............large sewer rats.

But I agree that the team is exhausted.......I am extremely proud of this team and if you would have told me after the suspensions that we could win between 41 and 44 games I would've been pleased. If we win a playoff series I will be thrilled. This team has overachieved in every sense of the word.What a dramatic year. Man, I hate drama.

Suaveness
04-11-2005, 01:38 PM
My biggest fear....is getting a B in organic chem....

sadly, I have no life....

sweabs
04-11-2005, 02:15 PM

:rotflmao:

I'm laughing out loud man...that is so true. I'm stressing out like it's no ones business right now.

My Canadian history final is tomorrow, and I have a Medieval history final on Wednesday. Then not long after - we have American history and 20th century history.

I can't think straight :disturbed

It's the final run though...I'm taking a "Reggie-like" approach. Just give it everything I got right now because it's all going to be over in a few weeks.

Unclebuck
04-11-2005, 02:24 PM

If I ever got a B in organic chem, it would be a miracle

MagicRat
04-11-2005, 02:29 PM
No way! I walked right past you in the walkway yesterday. You already had the wipes in action. Didn't help the smell at all though. I commented that I was about to puke after that last tip in yesterday too.

Too funny.... :D

Yeah, real funny.:grumble:

Luckily Great Clips was kind enough to give us a free jersey, so I could change him out of his retro #11 and into the retro 05.
Just got word he threw up on the couch this morning, too....:puke::woohoo:

Spicoli
04-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah, real funny.:grumble:

Luckily Great Clips was kind enough to give us a free jersey, so I could change him out of his retro #11 and into the retro 05.
Just got word he threw up on the couch this morning, too....:puke::woohoo:

Don't feel bad, my black lab wharfed on the couch last night out of nowhere. Normally, she'll give you some full body convulsions before she produces the goods, and you can get her onto a non-stainable surface.

Last night was just a brutal *yak* (partially digested puppy chow) :puke:

Gyron
04-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Wow, what are feeding that kid? You should try something other than split pea soup all the time.....

:puke:

Say, his head doesn't spin around and mumble in tougues does it?

Doug
04-11-2005, 02:46 PM
My son hurled cotton candy all over the back seat of the car on the way back from a game last year. Not fun to clean up at all.

ChicagoJ
04-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Don't feel bad, my black lab wharfed on the couch last night out of nowhere. Normally, she'll give you some full body convulsions before she produces the goods, and you can get her onto a non-stainable surface.

Last night was just a brutal *yak* (partially digested puppy chow) :puke:

I don't want to hear any more of this. Let's just say I can top it with stories from my recently deceased St. Bernard, his malfunctioning diatary tract due to medicine for his hip displasia, and him deciding not to give us any 'lead time' when he needed help getting out of the basement.

And every time I've tried to type the word "diharea" it just doesn't look right, but you get my drift...

Gyron
04-11-2005, 02:57 PM
eww.....Yeah I think Jay wins this round of "How gross can you get"

SoupIsGood
04-11-2005, 02:58 PM
Wow, what are feeding that kid? You should try something other than split pea soup all the time.....

:puke:

Say, his head doesn't spin around and mumble in tougues does it?

So... what's the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

Spicoli
04-11-2005, 02:58 PM
I don't want to hear any more of this. Let's just say I can top it with stories from my recently deceased St. Bernard, his malfunctioning diatary tract due to medicine for his hip displasia, and him deciding not to give us any 'lead time' when he needed help getting out of the basement.

And every time I've tried to type the word "diharea" it just doesn't look right, but you get my drift...

Looks like we have a winner! :laugh:

Suaveness
04-11-2005, 04:27 PM
If I ever got a B in organic chem, it would be a miracle

After getting my test back today, it seems as though I would have to agree with you :mad:

Mourning
04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Just like I said. We're still going to end up with a "lost" season, and no lottery pick to show for it. Even if we manage to get out of the first round, the goal is to win a title.

Well atleast Reggie got to prove he's not "burned down" as I think you have claimed at the beginning of this year ;), that's worth something :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Mourning
04-11-2005, 04:39 PM
My biggest fear right now => was Jay's_Wife@Section204 posting on here this weekend?

I've been so p!$$ed off that the whole SJax tantrum thing from Friday's game, so she's been on here lurking and reading me some of the :sunshine: brigade's posts.

She was threatening to make a post or start a thread asking for help/ advice so that I'd quit saying, "I'd be happy if we started over with fifteen new players next season."

I do remember offering to set up an account for her, but she said she didn't need one. :shudder:

Hi honey! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ChicagoJ
04-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi honey! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cool. Does that mean I've got a 'date' for some U2 shows in Europe this summer. :laugh:

Mourning
04-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Well you know all is fair in love and war, I would add U2 and Coldplay concerts to that list, so in short ......... NO FREAKING WAY!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

Regards,

Mourning :cool: