PDA

View Full Version : Boy, blew that one big time!

ABADays
04-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Those last 5 possessions were just awful. Gave them everything and couldn't even get a shot our last two.

I know Jeff was doing a good job in the 4th, but I was very surprised to see so little of Dale and Pollard.

***** happens I guess. On to the next one.

Lord Helmet
04-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah, we really pissed that one away. AJ played well but, the shot clock violation at the end screwed us.

Well, a win tommorow and all better!

Hicks
04-10-2005, 06:36 PM
The end got pissed away, but the only reason this game was even close was NY was shooting over their heads basically the entire game. It's frustrating, but not worrisome.

Ragnar
04-10-2005, 06:36 PM
It would have been nice if the reffs called a 3 second on the Knicks when their guy was in the paint for about 10 seconds but it was our to lose.

Mourning
04-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Let's just forget about this one QUICKLY and move on to the Raptors.

Harmonica
04-10-2005, 06:41 PM
We need an inside game.

3ptmiller
04-10-2005, 06:44 PM
The Pain, The Horror

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Well, it was a helluva game to lose. We made a valiant comeback. We could have won prior to OT. A couple of bad fouls and some lame turnovers and that did us in.

However, not all is lost. A close loss like this might be actually a boost. It humbles the team and will force them to improve on certain things prior to the playoffs. Better to have lost this one than the first game of the playoffs.

Again, look how many threes they took. Yeah, the threes in the fourth really helped. But prior to that they were missing threes left and right. Way too many threes in my humble opinion.

Jermaniac
04-10-2005, 07:16 PM
We need an inside game. Yup, we live and die by the outside shot and when we get cold we are going to lose. Alot of people are saying that they dont want JO back because we are better without him, yeah rightttt.

waterjater
04-10-2005, 07:39 PM
We need Jermaine back, but like JO said....fit into the scheme of ball movement and sharing the ball.

Didn't deserve to be in the game, but deserved to win with a 6p OT lead.

Water

canyoufeelit
04-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Who forgot to box fatass out? I know since he's big and fat he's bound to get good position, but no excuses

Anthem
04-10-2005, 07:42 PM
We need an inside game.

With Jermaine around, Sweetney would have fouled out by that point anyway.

ABADays
04-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Tough to beat a team shooting like the Knicks did today - even tougher to win one when you blow your last two possessions.

NotLosingButWinning
04-10-2005, 08:15 PM
didn't the knicks break our 5 game win streak earlier? this one hurts.

MagicRat
04-10-2005, 08:23 PM
With Jermaine around, Sweetney would have fouled out by that point anyway.

With Dale Davis in the game at that point Sweetney doesn't get that rebound.

I still don't understand why Rick replaced him with Jeff for the final possession........

ReggieMiller8325
04-10-2005, 08:23 PM
ah we can't win all of them.

Jaydawg2270
04-10-2005, 08:36 PM
yeah winning streaks cant last forever and we are still in 5th place

Bball
04-10-2005, 08:44 PM
because Dale had 3 dumb as hell fouls in a row...........................

I'd still prefer Dale in there at the end... and actually... Austin Croshere too (because I think Austin is solid fundamentally).

Foster is good at doing the little tips and the like to get rebounds but I don't consider him someone who will block out or get the 'power rebound' when the game is on the line and the whole opposing team is crashing the boards.

-Bball

MagicRat
04-10-2005, 09:01 PM
I'd still prefer Dale in there at the end... and actually... Austin Croshere too (because I think Austin is solid fundamentally).

Foster is good at doing the little tips and the like to get rebounds but I don't consider him someone who will block out or get the 'power rebound' when the game is on the line and the whole opposing team is crashing the boards.

-Bball

Exactly my point. I like Jeff, but if I'm going to choose between the two for a tough rebound I'd go with Dale. Actually, I would've probably had them both in. The 4 guard lineup confused me for most of the second half.........

Unclebuck
04-10-2005, 09:07 PM
With Dale Davis in the game at that point Sweetney doesn't get that rebound.

I still don't understand why Rick replaced him with Jeff for the final possession........

Sweetney got the rebound because Jeff had to help out on Marbury. If Dale would have been in the game instead of Jeff, Dale would have helped out also and the exact same thing would have happened.

DisplacedKnick
04-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Exactly my point. I like Jeff, but if I'm going to choose between the two for a tough rebound I'd go with Dale. Actually, I would've probably had them both in. The 4 guard lineup confused me for most of the second half.........

That got me too - esp when we had KT, Sweetney & either Rose or JYD in. Of course KT's more of a 6-9 SG on offense and JYD can't score (was there an uglier shot ever than that one he threw up near the end?) but even so.

I spent a chunk of the game wondering why we didn't post Rose on SJax more.

Unclebuck
04-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Well Ruick went to the smaller lineup (with only one big guy in) and it helped bring the pacers back from the 12 point deficit in the 4th quarter, so I guess Rick wanted to stay with it.

It helped the Pacers on the defensive end, because Jax and Fred was was wideopen the 4 whole 4th quarter.

MagicRat
04-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Sweetney got the rebound because Jeff had to help out on Marbury. If Dale would have been in the game instead of Jeff, Dale would have helped out also and the exact same thing would have happened.

If Dale would've been the help d, maybe that ugly looking thing Marbury got onto the glass would've gone back onto his noggin.......but the world will never know.......http://www.4antennaball.com/bin/img/product/0080316_tootsie_pop_lollipop_owl_antenna_topper_ba ll_candy_lick.jpg

Unclebuck
04-10-2005, 09:21 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/quotes_050410.html

Sweetney explains what happened. Although he forgets who was guarding him.

KNICKS CENTER MICHAEL SWEETNEY

ďThatís the first time Iíve ever hit a shot like that, the first time Iíve ever won a game with a last second shot. I just fought for position, got inside and the ball came right to me and I got a lay-up. I figured Dale Davis would come off and try to block Stephonís shot, so I just stepped to the basket and itís pretty easy to get those kinds of opportunities when guys are able to get to the basket. "

Rick makes a good point.

PACERS COACH RICK CARLISLE

"When you ease into the game like we did, youíre setting yourself up for trouble the rest of the game. When we play defense like we did tonight, youíve got to hope the other team misses and thatís not a secure feeling. I remember two plays in overtime where weíre up six and we gave up two and-one plays because we played it soft.Ē