PDA

View Full Version : Reg or Michael

Vicious Tyrant
04-10-2005, 04:14 PM
I was thinking about the note Peck added to one of his posts - about the guy we traded for, when we could have used the draft pick for Michael Jordan.

So, since it's Reg's last game against NY, I got to thinking about him and how great its been to watch him over the years.

Now I'm wondering: If you could get into your wayback machine and change time so we could have gotten Michael, along with whatever that would have meant - but the Pacers would never get Reggie - would you do it?

Would the memories of Reggie be worth the championships of Jordan?

Just curious....

Personally, I think Reggie's given me so many great memories and been such a great part of the city I would have to say. Not easily, though....

Maybe I'd feel differently if I wasn't thinking about this during Reggie's last few games.....

Jermaniac
04-10-2005, 04:22 PM
If it ment that we would have got at least 3-4 championships with MJ then yes I would take Mike over Reggie if we can go back in time and change that.

ReggieMiller8325
04-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Reggie put Reggie with scottie he would have one 6 rings already.

sweabs
04-10-2005, 05:06 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7919&highlight=jordan

:)

3ptmiller
04-10-2005, 05:23 PM
If it ment that we would have got at least 3-4 championships with MJ then yes I would take Mike over Reggie if we can go back in time and change that.

No i dont think so, Mike without Scottie, without Rodman, without Grant, without Kukoc... bad thought :P

3ptmiller
04-10-2005, 05:26 PM
I was thinking about the note Peck added to one of his posts - about the guy we traded for, when we could have used the draft pick for Michael Jordan.

So, since it's Reg's last game against NY, I got to thinking about him and how great its been to watch him over the years.

Now I'm wondering: If you could get into your wayback machine and change time so we could have gotten Michael, along with whatever that would have meant - but the Pacers would never get Reggie - would you do it?

Would the memories of Reggie be worth the championships of Jordan?

Just curious....

Personally, I think Reggie's given me so many great memories and been such a great part of the city I would have to say. Not easily, though....

Maybe I'd feel differently if I wasn't thinking about this during Reggie's last few games.....

Yes i would pick Mike ofcourse if we couldnt have Reggie, but then Reggie would be drafted by Chicago bulls and be playing with Scottie and win 6 rings.. why not! :)

circlecitysportsfan
04-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Yes i would pick Mike ofcourse if we couldnt have Reggie, but then Reggie would be drafted by Chicago bulls and be playing with Scottie and win 6 rings.. why not! :)

Futher proof your a miller fan an not a pacer fan.

3ptmiller
04-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Futher proof your a miller fan an not a pacer fan.

1. Its spelled "Further" & "and"
2. Further proof? Who da hell are you never seen you in here?
3. What makes you think im not a pacer fan? Ive been a pacer fan before you was born
4. Nobody has ever said something like that to me in here

PS: And welcome to the board

Mourning
04-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Come on, guys, lets ALL keep it friendly in here. We are ALL fans here ;).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

3ptmiller
04-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Come on, guys, lets ALL keep it friendly in here. We are ALL fans here ;).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Exactly mourning, if everybody could be good hearted as me and u in here and stop accusing people of something..

Jermaniac
04-10-2005, 07:13 PM
1. Its spelled "Further" & "and"
2. Further proof? Who da hell are you never seen you in here?
3. What makes you think im not a pacer fan? Ive been a pacer fan before you was born
4. Nobody has ever said something like that to me in here

PS: And welcome to the board Alot of people have said that to you. To you and the other dude its Reggie Miller fan first,Pacers fan second.

efx
04-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Reggie put Reggie with scottie he would have one 6 rings already.
HAHAHAHAHAH.

let me catch my breath. HAHAHAHA.

Don't even try and compare the two.

Jermaniac
04-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Put MJ on any of our 90's playoff starting line ups and we win at least 3 championships

Evan_The_Dude
04-10-2005, 07:30 PM
If I could go back in time to knowing NOTHING about Reggie, then common sense would have made me pick MJ. But I don't think that would have guaranteed us any rings though. MJ thrived on the system the team had at the time. He had the PERFECT supporting cast and the PERFECT coach. We didn't exactly have the supporting cast back then like we do now.

OT: I'm really drooling at how good we will be next year with a complete team. That's just gonna be NASTY!!!! (for the rest of the league that is)

Anthem
04-10-2005, 07:42 PM
You think you have a lot of great memories with Reggie? You'd have even more with Jordan.

And I love Reggie.

Vicious Tyrant
04-11-2005, 10:04 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7919&highlight=jordan

:)

D'oh!

3ptmiller
04-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Alot of people have said that to you. To you and the other dude its Reggie Miller fan first,Pacers fan second.

So what, many people including me have told you that you are only a Jermaine fan and not a pacer fan and that you hate Reggie... so what? None of that is true right? So please stop bashing people about not being Pacer Fans, if i would not be a pacerfan i would not be here... And i hate how people compare me with that 13 year old.. maybe i should change my name and stop being a Reggie fan? Thats whats you want?

circlecitysportsfan
04-11-2005, 06:41 PM
So what, many people including me have told you that you are only a Jermaine fan and not a pacer fan and that you hate Reggie... so what? None of that is true right? So please stop bashing people about not being Pacer Fans, if i would not be a pacerfan i would not be here... And i hate how people compare me with that 13 year old.. maybe i should change my name and stop being a Reggie fan? Thats whats you want?

Yes

ImCrazyB
04-11-2005, 06:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH.

let me catch my breath. HAHAHAHA.

Don't even try and compare the two.
MJ was great, But if you put Reggie in place of Michael on the bulls..I'm sure he would have at least won one championship.

Now I'm not downgrading MJ at all..MJ was a better all around player then Reggie except for range...But Reggie was definitely good enough to take a bulls team like that to the finals and win.

3ptmiller
04-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Yes

Then why are you having Reggie on your avatar if you hate him so much? Calm down dude, you got 31 posts and ALL of them was negative..

circlecitysportsfan
04-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Then why are you having Reggie on your avatar if you hate him so much? Calm down dude, you got 31 posts and ALL of them was negative..

All of them "were" negative you mean? And that's not true, i love reggie just as much as any fan. Just because people don't crown him best player ever, doesn't make their posts negative. Comparing Reggie to MJ is a disrepect to MJ...even Reggie would agree.

8.9_seconds
04-23-2005, 01:59 AM
MJ for Reggie? NEVER!!!!! are you kidding me???????

Ok, Michael Jordan is one of the greatest basketball players ever in history, but if you could give up Reggie just for some rings,you are not a diehard.I don't care what anybody says, Reggie is synonamous with Pacers, he's the draw.

The whole world has Michael Jordan, but Reggie is our own, we don't have to share him he belongs to the Pacers.

Sam Perkins and Mark Jackson would be turning over in their proverbial career graves right now to even here this discussion!

Kstat
04-23-2005, 02:02 AM
if you could give up Reggie just for some rings,you are not a diehard.

....a diehard what?

8.9_seconds
04-23-2005, 02:13 AM
....a diehard what?

What I'm sayin is look at all those people who came out to support Reggie on the 20th.......ok what i'm really sayin is I became a fan b/c of Reggie and thats about it but i was only 4, so don't kill me or over think this.

Eindar
04-23-2005, 05:11 AM
You guys are hilarious. If you go into the way back machine and get Jordan instead of Reggie, not only do you have at least 3 championships, you also hate Reggie Miller because he is a flop artist and a jerk. You've got plenty of happy memories of MJ flattening Reggie and his gang of punks in Chicago. You're also very full of emotion when your favorite Pacer, Michael Jeffrey Jordan, announces his retirement. If you don't do that swap, you are a Miller fan, not a Pacers fan. I love Reggie, and he's really the only thing that kept the franchise afloat all these years, but really, it's like asking a Miami Heat fan 15 years from now if they'd trade Dwayne Wade for LeBron James.

I HATED MJ during his career, and even my judgement isn't clouded enough to think that I'd rather have Reggie for his career.

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-23-2005, 05:38 AM
This discussion is nuts. It's circumstantial. If you swapped any players past doings you would disrupt the space-time continuum and earth would spin off it's axis and eventually burn up from solar radiation.

My point being this: MJ's career would not have been the same if he played in Indiana, just as Miller's game wouldn't have been the same in Chitown. There are too many ingredients in each recipe. Would MJ have stayed 18 years in a Pacer uniform? How would different coaching staffs affect their careers? Maybe MJ would have been living in Indy and one day he was driving to work and he got hit by a car, which broke his legs and he was never able to play again. ...and on and on and on.

If I could go back and ask the Architect of the Universe to make me taller and more athletic...

Eindar
04-23-2005, 06:00 AM
This discussion is nuts. It's circumstantial. If you swapped any players past doings you would disrupt the space-time continuum and earth would spin off it's axis and eventually burn up from solar radiation.

My point being this: MJ's career would not have been the same if he played in Indiana, just as Miller's game wouldn't have been the same in Chitown. There are too many ingredients in each recipe. Would MJ have stayed 18 years in a Pacer uniform? How would different coaching staffs affect their careers? Maybe MJ would have been living in Indy and one day he was driving to work and he got hit by a car, which broke his legs and he was never able to play again. ...and on and on and on.

If I could go back and ask the Architect of the Universe to make me taller and more athletic...

It's not circumstantial at all, unless that circumstance is that we have invented a time machine and can alter the past. What it is, is hypothetical, and we're all venturing a guess as to how things LIKELY would turn out. My guess is that Michael Jordan would have brought home more than one banner for the Pacers, and that Reggie Miller may or may not have brought one back to Chicago. If your ventured guess is that Michael Jordan's career would be ended on I-70 on his way home from practice or that both players would be ineffective on their new teams and we'd be talking about the Jazz Dynasty of the early '90s, that's your guess, although I think your guess has a lower percentage of being correct than mine.

Vicious Tyrant
04-23-2005, 10:16 AM

:laugh:

Well, this is odd. First I thought the thread was dead since it is a repeat of an earlier thread. Then it got resurrected into a pissing match. Then it died again. Now its alive again.

Anyway, I personally question whether I'd do the trade (assuming I wouldn't throw the cosmos into chaos, NorCal). I think clearly, Michael would have brought us rings, based on the quality personnel decisions D-dub would make. However, as someone who lived in Chicago in the early 90's, one thing Michael did not bring was a warm personality that made you feel like you could be his friend in a different life. Reggie brought (and still brings) that.

The reason its an issue for me AT ALL is because on one hand (As anthem pointed out) Michael would have given us treasured memories of victories and championships. On the other hand, Reggie has brought us treasured memories, but no championships - BUT he has also brought a a sense of being a friend to the city.

Can't we all imagine ourselves running into Reggie at a bar or store or something and just starting up a conversation and having a great time talking with him? Can you imagine that with Michael?

Obviously for some people the emotional connection we have with Reggie (which I realize is partly imaginary) doesn't trump the winning Michael would have brought.

To me its similar to the personalities Jim Harbaugh and Marshall Faulk had back on the 95 (?) Colts. Faulk was an awesome talent who left you stunned with his abilities, but it was hard to feel much emotional connection. Harbaugh did a lot with a lot less talent, but you couldn't help but feel a certain emotional connection with the old boy. Let 'er rip!!!!

I think there is a certain valid connection between those two and Michael and Reggie.

Jaydawg2270
04-23-2005, 04:57 PM
reggie, a true pacers fan would take reggie over jordan

Kstat
04-23-2005, 05:01 PM
reggie, a true pacers fan would take reggie over jordan

if the bulls had offered jordan for reggie on the 1987 draft, would they still take it?

Obviously, if jordan had played in indiana, he'd be "Mr. Pacer" instead of reggie. But, things happen for a reason.

8.9_seconds
04-23-2005, 05:46 PM
I would rather have Dwayne Wade than Lebron James