PDA

View Full Version : Sundays game on ABC not on out west...

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-09-2005, 09:44 PM
:mad:

Damn. I just wanted to say that I'm pissed off because ABC is gonna show the Lakers out west on Sunday. This just sucks. I've been waiting all week to watch the Pacers game and I just found this out.

:mad: :irked: :swear:

Oh well, I'll catch the radio show...

Los Angeles
04-09-2005, 10:18 PM
I didn't know this.

I'm mad as hell.

DrBadd01
04-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Why is ABC putting the Fakers on national television anyways. I mean its not like they will be in the play offs.

ReggieMiller8325
04-09-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm on the east. :devil:

dannyboy
04-09-2005, 10:26 PM
At least you guys are watching teams from your own state.

But Texas is, of course, considered part of "the west".

I expected it, but I'm still disgusted.

Deadshot
04-09-2005, 10:56 PM
So the whole east coast gets the Pacers/Knicks? Sweet! I was hoping I wouldn't get stuck with Kobe.

Anthem
04-09-2005, 11:12 PM
That pisses me off. I was really looking forward to that.

ReggieMiller8325
04-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah love it or hate it :devil:

Jermaniac
04-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Damn it I hate ABC. At least the game should be allowed to be on League Pass after all we pay 160 bucks for it. They should really look into changing the damn rule.

Ragnar
04-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Thats the way it used to be Jermaniac. ABC required that it not be the old way. The NBA should have stuck to its guns on that one. So what if the people are picking which feed they watch.

PacersFan
04-09-2005, 11:46 PM
here's the coverage map of where the games will be seen:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/map?date=20050410&sport=nba

unfortunately, i don't get to see it ;(

3ptmiller
04-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Why are they not showing Pacers game in Sweden!?!? Cmon man! Our flag is even Yellow/Blue.. ROFL i wish :D

Will Galen
04-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Damn it I hate ABC. At least the game should be allowed to be on League Pass after all we pay 160 bucks for it. They should really look into changing the damn rule.

That's why I didn't buy league pass this year. When I can actually get all the games I might sign up again, but maybe not. Not only do I have to buy league pass, I have to get digital, and that costs me $20 a month.

Since I live in Florida I get to see Heat and Magic games, plus I have WGN in Chicago, so I can watch the Pacer's at Chicago. Before the season I figured I would get to watch 21 games free, that's over a quarter of the season. I can live with that.

Next year the Pacers will probably be on the national networks a bit more so I should see even more games, so why buy something that makes me mad at times? I can't see doing that.

Deadshot
04-10-2005, 12:03 AM
I figured that up last year as well (I am in Florida too). This year I got League Pass, and I love it. Now I feel like I follow the Pacers more than I actually did when I was in Indiana.

Lord Helmet
04-10-2005, 12:52 AM

Thats so stupid; all of the south should get the Pacer game.

Jermaniac
04-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Leauge Pass is great, I couldnt imagine not having it. I live in Cali and the only games I would get is against the Warriors and maybe 10 national TV games. With League Pass I'm able to see about 75 of the Pacers games.

kerosene
04-10-2005, 01:53 AM
This totally sucks. Like anyone wants to watch the 'we didn't make the playoffs' Lakers.

Jermaniac
04-10-2005, 01:59 AM
Guess I'm going to watch how Kobe comes on the court and shakes someones hand in 15 different angles, tommorow.

Lord Helmet
04-10-2005, 02:01 AM
Guess I'm going to watch how Kobe comes on the court and shakes someones hand in 15 different angles, tommorow.
Yeah, I know. I feel for you guys. 80% of the country is watching the garbage Laker game. Maybe a whole bunch of you guys could complain to ABC or something.

ABADays
04-10-2005, 06:59 AM
I'm curious about league pass even though I don't need it. Do they show the home team broadcast of the games?

DisplacedKnick
04-10-2005, 09:02 AM
Why is ABC putting the Fakers on national television anyways. I mean its not like they will be in the play offs.

Uh, neither will the Knicks ...

Alabama-Redneck
04-10-2005, 09:22 AM
For those with DirectV League Pass, check your schedule. My schedule shows the Pacer game being televised on Channel 724 at 2:30 CST.

It does not show anything at 12:00 but shows the Pacer game and the Laker game at 2:30.

Just have to wait and see.

:cool:

Hicks
04-10-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm curious about league pass even though I don't need it. Do they show the home team broadcast of the games?

They jump back and forth between the home team and the away team's broadcast. Not within a game, but I mean they pick one or the other all the time; I haven't noticed a pattern.

shags
04-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Uh, neither will the Knicks ...

And consider the fact that other than Pacer, Knicks, Lakers, and Kings fans, most sports fans will watch the Masters. I don't see the ratings for that game being very high other than in 3 states.

Ragnar
04-10-2005, 11:44 AM
There is no real pattern as to who they pick for the league pass feed. Sometimes Direct TV will show one and Dish will show another.

Will it is still worth it. 21 games it just not anywhere near 82. Yes there are usually 2 games a year I dont get to see. Those are the games that were sceduled to be on ABC or as backup games to ABC but then did not get shown on ABC. I hate that but I am happy I get to see the other 80 games.

Unclebuck
04-10-2005, 11:55 AM

They tend to show the home team's broadcast about 75% of the time. But for whatever reason it seems to me that in games involving the Knicks, Celtics and the Heat they always pick up their feed whether they are home or on the road.

Deadshot
04-10-2005, 12:51 PM
UB is right - and those Celtics announcers can get so annoying! Also, I've seen a WB4 feed maybe 2-3 times this year.

Anthem
04-10-2005, 01:01 PM
The Celts announcers aren't that bad... Tommy cracks me up.

Slick Pinkham
04-10-2005, 01:56 PM
The map says Knicks-Pacers in Boston,

but the Boston Globe says Lakers are on.

:-(

A-Train
04-11-2005, 07:26 AM
I could not believe the Lakers/Kings game was shown in Charlotte!!!!!!

Unbelievable.

Oh well, watching that game would have just pissed me off anyway.

But still......

Gyron
04-11-2005, 08:38 AM
Yeah that pissed me off too atrain. I went outside and mowed the yard and spent the rest of the day outside instead of watching the damned lakers get their butts beat.

Unclebuck
04-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Did they switch the entire audience to the Pacers game at the end. I would guess they did

Gyron
04-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Honestly I don't know, once I got started in the yard, I had to finish......

Harmonica
04-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Did they switch the entire audience to the Pacers game at the end. I would guess they did

They finally did. I thought they might in the waning seconds of the Lakers/Kings game, but they stayed with it until the very end. It was torture watching that ridiculously boring game knowing that there was a thriller going on in Conseco.

Unclebuck
04-11-2005, 09:36 AM
They finally did. I thought they might in the waning seconds of the Lakers/Kings game, but they stayed with it until the very end. It was torture watching that ridiculously boring game knowing that there was a thriller going on in Conseco.

I would guess the outside California audience left the Kings v Lakers game earlier.

NotLosingButWinning
04-11-2005, 09:37 AM

here they put the pacers game on at the start of the fourth.

Harmonica
04-11-2005, 09:39 AM

Where is "here?"

dannyboy
04-11-2005, 10:28 AM

Same here (TX)

A-Train
04-12-2005, 02:07 PM

Any idea when this map goes up for next Sunday's game?

I would hope the Pacers/Heat game would be shown here in Charlotte, but who the heck knows anymore :whoknows:

'Cause, ya know, that Lakers/Mavs game could be a good one! :rolleyes:

ChicagoJ
04-12-2005, 02:58 PM
They tend to show the home team's broadcast about 75% of the time. But for whatever reason it seems to me that in games involving the Knicks, Celtics and the Heat they always pick up their feed whether they are home or on the road.

Ratings... ratings... ratings...

NY and Boston, in particular, are enormous markets that have (at least historically) been very interested in professional basketball (or at least the home team).

Not sure about the Heat.

SycamoreKen
04-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Any idea when this map goes up for next Sunday's game?

I would hope the Pacers/Heat game would be shown here in Charlotte, but who the heck knows anymore :whoknows:

'Cause, ya know, that Lakers/Mavs game could be a good one! :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/map?date=20050417&sport=nba

There you go. No Pacers and I could care less about Dallas kicking the Lakers butts.

Anyone know why the southwestern part of Montana gets the Pacers' game?

indytoad
04-12-2005, 11:51 PM

Cuz no one lives there?

Maybe they needed to fill a square mileage quota.

IndyToad
Drowning or waving?

A-Train
04-13-2005, 07:53 AM

There you go.

Thank goodness! :happydanc

ChicagoJ
04-13-2005, 12:52 PM

There you go. No Pacers and I could care less about Dallas kicking the Lakers butts.

Maybe Phil told them he'd be "back at the ranch" this weekend and that he wants to see Shaq.

Damn, it just occured to me that we'll be in Colorado, so we won't get to see it.

Kstat
04-13-2005, 12:59 PM
:lol:

I love how Phil Jackson can dictate what NBA game his region is going to show.......

DisplacedKnick
04-13-2005, 01:01 PM

Because Eddie Gill went to Weber State, which is in the Big Sky Conf which includes some Montana teams ...

Well, it sortta kindda maybe makes sense.

Kstat
04-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Because Eddie Gill went to Weber State

...and we all know about the hotbed of Weber State fans in southwest Montana.....nevermind that WEBER STATE ITSELF will be showing the Mavs/Lakers game.

of the 15 people that live in that area, Phil is probably the only one with a working TV. I think he just called in a favor.

Los Angeles
04-13-2005, 01:12 PM
THIS IS REALLY STARTING TO **** ME OFF!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OK, I said it, I feel better now. :)

Unclebuck
04-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Ratings... ratings... ratings...

NY and Boston, in particular, are enormous markets that have (at least historically) been very interested in professional basketball (or at least the home team).

Not sure about the Heat.

Jay, I don't understand. How could the ratings be effected. Those watchingNBA league Pass are "out of the market" anyways, so I don't understand

Edit: oh wait, are the local ratings impacted by the NBA league Pass ratings. That can't be right.

DisplacedKnick
04-13-2005, 04:12 PM
...and we all know about the hotbed of Weber State fans in southwest Montana.....nevermind that WEBER STATE ITSELF will be showing the Mavs/Lakers game.

Since you appear to think I was serious with that, here's a subtle hint: I wasn't.

ChicagoJ
04-13-2005, 04:15 PM
I no longer have access to Kagan's "The Business of Basketball", but IIRC, the "local" ratings are used to prioritize broadcasts.

ForEx, Watson's would theoretically pay more for DirecTV to beam the Watson's Girl into houses nationwide.

What it boils down to is this, based on local ratings, if the Knicks are playing the Bucks, more Knicks fans are going to tune into the game than Bucks fans. So the Milwaukee area will get the Buck's broadcast but the rest of the country will probably get the Knicks broadcast.

Kstat
04-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Since you appear to think I was serious with that, here's a subtle hint: I wasn't.

Here's a subtle hint :tongue:......
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/moment/v0/021496/charles_smith.gif

Unclebuck
04-13-2005, 04:48 PM
I no longer have access to Kagan's "The Business of Basketball", but IIRC, the "local" ratings are used to prioritize broadcasts.

ForEx, Watson's would theoretically pay more for DirecTV to beam the Watson's Girl into houses nationwide.

What it boils down to is this, based on local ratings, if the Knicks are playing the Bucks, more Knicks fans are going to tune into the game than Bucks fans. So the Milwaukee area will get the Buck's broadcast but the rest of the country will probably get the Knicks broadcast.

That makes sense

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Damn. Not again! There are only so many games left. The no-playoff Lakers? Give me a Freakin' break! They should adjust it to games that matter...

Kstat
04-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Damn. Not again! There are only so many games left. The no-playoff Lakers? Give me a Freakin' break! They should adjust it to games that matter...

Can't do that without adjusting game times by at least 3 hours, and they can't do that this late in the season.

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Can't do that without adjusting game times by at least 3 hours, and they can't do that this late in the season.

But they both start at the same time. All they would have to do is air the Pacer/Heat game instead of the Fakers.

Kstat
04-13-2005, 06:42 PM
But they both start at the same time. All they would have to do is air the Pacer/Heat game instead of the Fakers.

Yeah, but more people on the west coast are going to care about Mavs/Lakers.

The Lakers not making the playoffs matters about as much as the Heat clinching the #1 seed and not really caring about winning the game.