PDA

View Full Version : This hasn't happened in 10 years

indygeezer
04-09-2005, 01:51 PM
I went alone to Meijers grocery this am wearing a Pacer T-shirt. Saw a young married couple also wearing Pacer T's (complete strangers to me). Excitedly they asked me if I went to the game last night and I explained that I had taken the wife and kids to see their 1st P's game just last night. We laughed and talked about how much fun it was and yes they had gone too. We parted and went on about our shopping. A few minutes later another stranger, older geezer than me, said "Hey, How about them PAcers?!?!?! And again I struck up a conversation with a complete stranger about how much fun it is to watch the Pacers again.

My point...it appears the fun is back. The general population is taking note of them again. IS this what it takes to generate enthusiasim in INdy fans? HArd fought, determined play through adversity? Is it not so much a ring that is wanted as it is heart and effort?

Anyway...it's fun talking to strangers about the Pacers again!!

Booyah!!! (boom goes the dynamite?)

Bball
04-09-2005, 01:54 PM
My point...it appears the fun is back. The general population is taking note of them again. IS this what it takes to generate enthusiasim in INdy fans? HArd fought, determined play through adversity? Is it not so much a ring that is wanted as it is heart and effort? (boom goes the dynamite?)

I think it is that people realize there won't ever be a championship unless the team is playing with heart and effort. Currently, it is easy to see the heart and effort from everyone. T E A M

-Bball

ABADays
04-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah it is fun Geezer. I think everyone knows and appreciates when the players leave it all on the floor. I also think just about everyone knows what an incredible underdog season this has turned out to be and are happy with the success the team has found.

Deadshot
04-09-2005, 05:26 PM
I know what you mean, vapacersfan. It seems like now that I live outside of Indiana, if I try and talk about the Pacers, people tell me they suck (of course I keep talking to entertain myself anyway).

Deadshot
04-09-2005, 05:31 PM
I take heat from people everytime I wear my Artest jersey. I'll tell them flat out - I love the way he plays basketball/defense, but that doesn't mean I advocate his actions.

Deadshot
04-09-2005, 06:32 PM
BTW, I love your sig :)

Thanks - I made it last night. I suppose I spent too much time on it, but I wanted it to look really good, haha :laugh:

Harmonica
04-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Hmm... Pacers minus JO/RA/JT + DD + Old Reggie = Fun

aceace
04-09-2005, 08:29 PM
IMHO: I think with Jax playing the 3, adding DD and if we get JO,Tins back b4 the playoffs why couldn't we win a championship. These guys got me believing. I don't think we need RA to win a title.

MSA2CF
04-09-2005, 08:49 PM
I think Reggie being up to his old antics is really getting people excited again. People don't generally like the new style of the NBA: me, me, me. (Which is the style I think Jermaine displays on occasion, and Ron to an extent. Sometimes though, I think people misinterpret them and they get a bad rep. But it's not totally false that they don't always play team ball.) Team basketball is what built the sport, and if that ever leaves, the league is sunk, I believe.

I love your story, Geez. I always like it when I see fellow fans out and about, and we give each other knowing nods. It's a great feeling.

And I have heard my share of badmouthing on behalf of all my favorite teams: the Pacers, Steelers, Colts, and Red Sox. And you know who it usually is? The Yankees fans, the Titans fans, the Patriots fans, and the Lakers fans. With the exception being the Patriots, look what their teams have done when compared to the ones I root for. :ahem: They make up all sorts of rubbish, but all it shows is their lack of knowledge of sports. What they know all comes from ESPN/Sportscenter. I'm glad that I can appreciate the lesser known aspects of the athletic world and can have an opinion for myself. I'm not stereotyping those fans, but in general, those are the folks who I always hear making up arguments to build up their teams. And then teams like the Pacers come out and disprove them. I love it. :evillaugh