PDA

View Full Version : Stern live chat

_PD_
04-08-2005, 01:43 PM
ANybody have a transcript of the espn insider live chat with sternski? Or did anyone attend and can fill us in?

NotLosingButWinning
04-08-2005, 02:13 PM
here are the questions about the pacers, if you want the whole thing let me know.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7763
Jason Denver: How do you feel about Reggie Millers judge jury and executioner comments last night regarding the Ron Artest Suspension.

NBA Comm. David Stern: Actually, discipline is the least favorite part of my job. But while the responsibility has been given to me by both the NBA Constitution and Bylaws and Collective Bargaining Agreement, it would be cowardly of me not to exercise it for the benefit of our fans and our game. Someone is always going to be unhappy with a disciplinary decision, and in the recent case, both and arbitrator and judge reviewed my decision with respect to Ron Artest and upheld it. That hardly makes me a judge, jury and executioner. But I appreciate Reggie's frustration, particularly as he ends a glorious career with a team that is weakened because his teammates were not able to exercise the restraint that fans can fairly expect from NBA players.

Matt (Indianapolis, IN): Can Ronnie come out and play?

NBA Comm. David Stern: Next season, for sure.

Kyle (Plainfield, Indiana): To my knowlege, you have yet to address publicly the issue of the bomb scare at the Pacers-Pistons game on March 25. My question is, was the league really going to force the Pacers to forfeit if they didn't play, and how could you justify that?

NBA Comm. David Stern: I was out of the loop on that evening, but clearly if an arena is deemed safe for 22,000 fans and both teams, then the game should go on and a team refusing to play under those circumstances, would face appropriate sanctions which undoubtedly would include forfeit.

blanket
04-08-2005, 03:18 PM
But I appreciate Reggie's frustration, particularly as he ends a glorious career with a team that is weakened because his teammates were not able to exercise the restraint that fans can fairly expect from NBA players.

This makes me want to explode!

What an ***.

shags
04-08-2005, 03:18 PM
This makes me want to explode!

Why? It's the truth, at least partially.

:zip:

Since86
04-08-2005, 03:23 PM

Because, again, all the blame goes to one party....... :censored:

blanket
04-08-2005, 03:27 PM

The truth? Well, the details of that night have been covered fully in this forum since then, so there's no need to rehash.

What really gets to me is the tone of his response, the attitude, the condescension.

sweabs
04-08-2005, 04:29 PM

Just for fun:

"...fans were not able to exercise the restraint that players can fairly expect from NBA audiences."

And now it's happened on numerous occassions...but Stern doesn't like to look at things from an alternate perspective.

flying dutchman
04-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Is there any way the teams can fire that son of a ..... stern? What a jacka$$!!

shags
04-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Just for fun:

"...fans were not able to exercise the restraint that players can fairly expect from NBA audiences."

And now it's happened on numerous occassions...but Stern doesn't like to look at things from an alternate perspective.

Like it or not, professional athletes are held to a higher standard than the fans who attend their games. Stern's biggest mistake was not punishing the Pistons organization for their role in the brawl, not the length of the suspensions for the Pacer players.

Mourning
04-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Like it or not, professional athletes are held to a higher standard than the fans who attend their games. Stern's biggest mistake was not punishing the Pistons organization for their role in the brawl, not the length of the suspensions for the Pacer players.

Disagree! I think the whole season was excessive, 50-60 games would have certainly been enough, but better we not go down this road ;).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Suaveness
04-08-2005, 05:18 PM
here are the questions about the pacers, if you want the whole thing let me know.

Jason Denver: How do you feel about Reggie Millers judge jury and executioner comments last night regarding the Ron Artest Suspension.

NBA Comm. David Stern: Actually, discipline is the least favorite part of my job. But while the responsibility has been given to me by both the NBA Constitution and Bylaws and Collective Bargaining Agreement, it would be cowardly of me not to exercise it for the benefit of our fans and our game. Someone is always going to be unhappy with a disciplinary decision, and in the recent case, both and arbitrator and judge reviewed my decision with respect to Ron Artest and upheld it. That hardly makes me a judge, jury and executioner. But I appreciate Reggie's frustration, particularly as he ends a glorious career with a team that is weakened because his teammates were not able to exercise the restraint that fans can fairly expect from NBA players.

Matt (Indianapolis, IN): Can Ronnie come out and play?

NBA Comm. David Stern: Next season, for sure.

Kyle (Plainfield, Indiana): To my knowlege, you have yet to address publicly the issue of the bomb scare at the Pacers-Pistons game on March 25. My question is, was the league really going to force the Pacers to forfeit if they didn't play, and how could you justify that?

NBA Comm. David Stern: I was out of the loop on that evening, but clearly if an arena is deemed safe for 22,000 fans and both teams, then the game should go on and a team refusing to play under those circumstances, would face appropriate sanctions which undoubtedly would include forfeit.

Hey, **** you stern.

Anthem
04-08-2005, 05:27 PM
What really gets to me is the tone of his response, the attitude, the condescension.

Agreed on this. I'm truly beginning to dislike the man. I've taken potshots at him before and I've never thought much of him, but I'm really beginning to strongly dislike him.

I like pretty much everybody. My level of dislike for Stern is approaching that I feel for Jack Valenti and Harry Reid.

Mushmouth
04-08-2005, 05:38 PM
What a sanctimonious, condescending prick

I despise Stern

Kstat
04-08-2005, 05:39 PM
:lurk:

PacersFan
04-08-2005, 05:42 PM
What's weird is that he doesn't even try to hide his dislike for this team. Most people in his position would at least try to sound neutral, but he doesn't even try. I really don't think he understands the position he's placed himself in the minds of Indiana fans. Maybe he still doesn't understand that he will be hated here forever. He could at least try to get some fans back on his side, but he isn't even trying anymore. This really disturbs me. Maybe he truly dislikes the Pacer organization now instead of just Ronnie.

NewType
04-08-2005, 05:56 PM

But I appreciate Reggie's frustration, particularly as he ends a glorious career with a team that is weakened because the commissioner was not able to exercise the objectivity and reasonableness that owners and players can fairly expect from the leader of NBA.

_PD_
04-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Think he'll be attending any Pacers playoff games?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ABADays
04-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Stern=Napoleon's penis.