PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else kinda hoping for the Pistons in the First Round?

brichard
04-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I know, I know... some people are going to think I'm crazy. But, I personally want no piece of Miami. Shaq and Wade are going to have the whistles and if Shaq turns it up a notch in the playoffs we are done.

Boston actually kind of scares me. A few years ago they handed us our lunch. The good news is that they don't have much of a low post threat. With my head, I guess the Celtics would be the best team for us to play. But since they are on such a roll with Antoine... they do worry me.

On to the Pistons.

1. It would be sweet justice. Ah to go into the building that ruined our season and knock them out of the first round. That would be almost as savory as winning a championship.

2. We seem to match up with them okay. Rasheed is the one question mark for me. If he plays well, there is really nothing we can do to stop him. I'm not saying Reggie and Jax will, but they are capable of matching Prince and Rip.

3. Something to play for. This should provide motivation for our fans and players to the very core of their being. If they could win this, the energy that could carry through to the next round could be enormous. Add that to this being Reggie's last playoff series and Carlisle shouldn't need to make one "Win just one for the Gipper" speech.

I am so fired up right now. GO PACERS AND BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF SOMEBODY!!! :boxer: (NO Fans included!)

Anthem
04-08-2005, 01:48 PM
If we get the #6 seed, we can have the Pistons in the second round.

Los Angeles
04-08-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm hoping for the Pistons in the ECFs.

:devil:

ChicagoJ
04-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah, but a part of me would rather play Miami in the ECFs. :devil:

Tim
04-08-2005, 02:29 PM
I am not trying to be negative, I just don't think we have seen a team come at us and exploit us the way a team would when they have scouted us, and spent hours preparing in practice for us.

I think Boston wants us more than we want them. We would be better off taking on Detroit.

Kstat
04-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Please. Play us in the playoffs. I would LOVE to see that......I don't think my summer would be complete UNLESS we knocked out the pacers in the playoffs again.....:tongue:

Unfortunately, I think you wont have the chance to play us till the conference finals.

And if somebody knocks you out before we get the chance, I may put my fist through my TV.

Suaveness
04-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Please. Play us in the playoffs. I would LOVE to see that......I don't think my summer would be complete UNLESS we knocked out the pacers in the playoffs again.....:tongue:

Unfortunately, I think you wont have the chance to play us till the conference finals.

And if somebody knocks you out before we get the chance, I may put my fist through my TV.

Oh kiss my butt :-p

MSA2CF
04-08-2005, 05:32 PM
:lol2:

Ay carumba!

Hicks
04-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Tim, I don't know what they'd do special to stop us. We're winning with teamwork, hard work, good screens, good defense, and good rebounding (and making shots, the real weakness). I don't think there's anything to "figure out" with the style we're playing. You either match or exceed our effort, or you don't. We either hit shots, or we don't. And that one will become less of an issue when JO is back.

Anthem
04-08-2005, 05:43 PM

Strong talk from a man whose team would have homecourt disadvantage.

Kstat
04-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Strong talk from a man whose team would have homecourt disadvantage.

I'll take my chances with Larry Brown. I really don't care who we have or don't have, give me Larry Brown and I'm a confident man. He's a jerk at times and god knows he's hard to get along with, but when May and June roll around, there's nobody I'd rather have calling the shots.

ChicagoJ
04-08-2005, 05:59 PM
I'll take my chances with Larry Brown. I really don't care who we have or don't have, give me Larry Brown and I'm a confident man. He's a jerk at times and god knows he's hard to get along with, but when May and June roll around, there's nobody I'd rather have calling the shots.

And this season, you've got the added bonus of having had a couple of stretches where he wasn't around for a while.

Thanks to his absences, it is *possible* that the Pistons players haven't reached full mutiny with him yet...

:-p

Kstat
04-08-2005, 06:02 PM
And this season, you've got the added bonus of having had a couple of stretches where he wasn't around for a while.

Thanks to his absences, it is *possible* that the Pistons players haven't reached full mutiny with him yet...

:-p

Make no mistake, this is still Larry's last year here.

That said, I do expect this summer to be his last hurrah with the Pistons.....he'll want to go out a winner.

And the torture under Gar Heard has made the entire team realize how valuable to us Larry is. The players appreciate him more now.

ChicagoJ
04-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Make no mistake, this is still Larry's last year here.

That said, I do expect this summer to be his last hurrah with the Pistons.....he'll want to go out a winner.

And the torture under Gar Heard has made the entire team realize how valuable to us Larry is. The players appreciate him more now.

I know.

It just struck me funny how confident you were in his ability to lead the team this season.

Under normal circumstances, the infighting among your team would be so poisonous right now, such that changing coaches (to someone other than Gar Heard, of course), would be the better solution. But not this year...

Kstat
04-08-2005, 06:12 PM
I know.

It just struck me funny how confident you were in his ability to lead the team this season.

Under normal circumstances, the infighting among your team would be so poisonous right now, such that changing coaches (to someone other than Gar Heard, of course), would be the better solution. But not this year...

I just think Larry has the benefit of 2 seasons with this same crew, and he knows exactly how to use the reigns. The Pistons, in his first GAME back, looked like a completely different team. Ben Wallace put up 21 and 19. He's even shooting %80 from the FT line. Its just crazy.

Rip came within ONE rebound of a triple-double two games in a row. He's up to 5 assists per game now. Billups is back to shooting %60. Rasheed is back to 15/10. Lindsey Hunter is back to making other guards miserable other guards off the bench. Larry just commands that kind of respect and effort from people.

shags
04-08-2005, 06:46 PM

Ugh. Unless it's in the ECF, playing the Pacers is a lose-lose situation for the Pistons and a win-win situation for the Pacers.

So I hope the Pacers keep winning. Let them become Miami's problem in the 2nd round.

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Pistons won't win it all this year. I'd be surprised if they made to the big show.

I hope we get the Pistons in the second round...

SoupIsGood
04-08-2005, 06:49 PM
No, I am kinda not.

Kstat
04-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Ugh. Unless it's in the ECF, playing the Pacers is a lose-lose situation for the Pistons and a win-win situation for the Pacers.

So I hope the Pacers keep winning. Let them become Miami's problem in the 2nd round.

Shags, I don't see it as lose-lose, just like I don't see it as win-win for Pacers fans. I'm not a big believer in moral playoff losses. The offseason is long as hell when you don't make the playoffs, but its also a LOT harder to swollow when you get KNOCKED OUT. When your season ends in a loss, the good accomplishments you made during the season only go so far before you're left with that bitter taste in your mouth, and nothing can take that away. I've been there many, many times before.

I don't really care if Indiana is starting John Edwards at Center. Just like I'm sure they could care less if the Pistons were missing players. You play who you can play. Knocking the pacers out would be no less sweeter to me.

ABADays
04-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Pistons in the second round please. And . . . I must not dislike Larry Brown as much as some of you the board.

Miller_time04
04-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Nope.

rabid
04-08-2005, 07:21 PM

Congrats, Kstat. You're the first to ever make my ignore list. And that's saying something.

Lord Helmet
04-08-2005, 07:24 PM
No, I'm not wanting to play the Pistons in the first round. They probably would kinda beat our ***.....

Anthem
04-08-2005, 07:50 PM
I just think Larry has the benefit of 2 seasons with this same crew, and he knows exactly how to use the reigns. The Pistons, in his first GAME back, looked like a completely different team. Ben Wallace put up 21 and 19. He's even shooting %80 from the FT line. Its just crazy.

Rip came within ONE rebound of a triple-double two games in a row. He's up to 5 assists per game now. Billups is back to shooting %60. Rasheed is back to 15/10. Lindsey Hunter is back to making other guards miserable other guards off the bench. Larry just commands that kind of respect and effort from people.

Big talk from a guy whose team is barely holding onto a lead against Orlando... :devil:

pacerwaala
04-08-2005, 07:56 PM
I would like to avoid the Pistons at all cost. I hope they do lose before we play them. THis is not because of the brawl or anything, I just want the Pacers to go as deep as possible into the playoffs and the Pistons are one tough team to beat. I think, in a seven game series, with all the injuries and suspensions, it won't look good if we have to play the Pistons.

lurks-a-lot
04-09-2005, 08:56 AM
Pacerwaala, I personally would rather not like to see the Pistons play your Indiana Pacers in the Playoffs you guys would either A.) Extend the serious to 6 or 7 unbelieveably hard faught games. B.) Upset us (which would in a way be somewhat fitting & ironic). Either way its not the best scenario for the Pistons.

P.S You guys have a great board here.

Anthem
04-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Pacerwaala, I personally would rather not like to see the Pistons play your Indiana Pacers in the Playoffs you guys would either A.) Extend the serious to 6 or 7 unbelieveably hard faught games. B.) Upset us (which would in a way be somewhat fitting & ironic). Either way its not the best scenario for the Pistons.

P.S You guys have a great board here.

Thanks! :welcome:

PacerMan
04-09-2005, 02:11 PM

This from the same guy that was kicking him out the door a month ago when it looked like he might walk.
Bill Lambier was it?

Kstat
04-09-2005, 03:18 PM
This from the same guy that was kicking him out the door a month ago when it looked like he might walk.
Bill Lambier was it?

I don't ever recall saying larry couldn't coach. I was merely making p,ans in the event that his health forced him to retire.

brichard
04-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Honestly Kstat, trash talking aside, no concerns at all about playing the Pacers in the first round? We are peaking, Reggie is letting it all hang out, and we are much better on our interior post defense with DD.

I'd give us a 40% chance of beating the Pistons constructed as is. If... and this is a big If... JO can contribute, things even out quite a bit.

Anthem
04-09-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't ever recall saying larry couldn't coach. I was merely making p,ans in the event that his health forced him to retire.

Riiiiiiiight. :shakehead

I swear, you are one of a kind. I've never met somebody who could spin it like you. You're like Donnie's illegitimate child or something.

Kstat
04-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Honestly Kstat, trash talking aside, no concerns at all about playing the Pacers in the first round? We are peaking, Reggie is letting it all hang out, and we are much better on our interior post defense with DD.

I'd give us a 40% chance of beating the Pistons constructed as is. If... and this is a big If... JO can contribute, things even out quite a bit.

You're playing very well right now. So are we.

I also don't see JO fitting in with your team the way it is.....he's an iso-player, and you have a bunch of motion guards. They don't play nearly as well standing around the perimeter.

Finally, we still posess Rip Hamilton. Until you can show me that you can stop him in a playoff series, I'm going to believe we're going to win.

All this is moot however, because to beat us, you'll likely have to get through Miami first. If you do that, then you have my blessing.