PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill To Sit Out The Rest Of Season

Vicious Tyrant
04-07-2005, 03:11 PM
That's truly a shame, but at least it looks like there's hope for next year instead of the end of his career.

Maybe that's a tiny hope, but its something....

Hicks
04-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I don't think this is a big deal. It doesn't have to do with his ankle, and he's just playing it safe with the shin bruise. He should be fine next year.

Stryder
04-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Rest of season makes it seem longer than 7 damned games.

The Magic are 10th and aren't going anywhere this year. He's just being careful. Just look at his track record with injuries. IMO, he's making a very smart decision.

Bball
04-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Still healthier than Bender!

He played more games than Artest this season too! :devil:

...I'm surprised you didn't mention that ;)

-Bball

ABADays
04-07-2005, 06:40 PM
It's hard not to pull for a guy like Hill. I think must have been a Pacer in a former life.

Bball
04-07-2005, 06:56 PM
It's hard not to pull for a guy like Hill. I think must have been a Pacer in a former life.

Nahhh... he's just a former Piston who happened to get away from Detroit...

;)

-Bball

MagicRat
04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
And yet an injured player who is a Pacer in this life gets nothing but derisive :whistle:ing..... :( :rolleyes: :-p

skyfire
04-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Poor Orlando, obcessed with having a superstar guard to put bums on seats.
I hope these injury worries to Grant Hill dont make Orlando more reliant upon Franchise, I hate his game so much. He should have been on Team USA to complete AI/Marbury/Francis trio of PGs who shoot waay to much. Wade is a more complete player than all 3 of them in his 2nd year.

Trade Francis for some magic beans and build around Dwight Howard. Howard doesn't get nearly enough shots.</randommagicrant>

gilpdawg
04-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Ah, if Orlando was in the race he'd be playing. He made it thru the whole season with no ankle difficulties, which is good. If Grant Hill can do it, let's hope Ken Griffey Jr. can do the same. I sort of see those two guys as equals as far as injuries go.

ABADays
04-08-2005, 01:59 PM
And yet an injured player who is a Pacer in this life gets nothing but derisive :whistle:ing..... :( :rolleyes: :-p

Come back and see me in 341 games, 17,279 minutes and 10,096 points :D

ChicagoJ
04-08-2005, 02:38 PM
And in other news, we've learned - indirectly - that both Eddy Curry and Juwaan Howard have hearts.

Who would have thought they both had one?

Eindar
04-08-2005, 07:43 PM
I think you've got to consider this season a raving success for Hill. He's not sitting out because he can't play. He's sitting out because there's the potential to do serious damage if he plays in meaningless games. Both for him and management, it's a no-brainer, really. Hill sits and doesn't get injured. The Magic aren't going to go to the playoffs anyway. Losing Hill means they are much worse as a team, and might move up in the lottery. Like I said, no-brainer :)