PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen the NBA Pacers Playoffs commercial?

Anthem
04-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Nope, neither have I. I thought they were only doing one for the top contenders, then I saw the one they had for the Cavs.

The Cavs. As in, the almost-out-of-the-playoffs Cavs.

Screw the NBA. We can make our own. I volunteer to put it together, if other people will start sending me their favorite clips from this year.

What do you guys think?

indytoad
04-06-2005, 08:16 PM
We need someone with the dramatic announcer voice though. Otherwise it just doesn't work.

IndyToad
The twenty-seventh musketeer

Anthem
04-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Let's put the script together, put the clips together, and then let different people try voice-overs.

Are you ever optimistic?

Kstat
04-06-2005, 08:30 PM
to be fair, the NBA made these a month ago, when the cavs we a #4 seed....

Deadshot
04-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Let's put the script together, put the clips together, and then let different people try voice-overs.

Are you ever optimistic?

We could get that sports kid from Ball State! :laugh:

"He passes to the man, and boom goes the dynamite!"

efx
04-06-2005, 08:43 PM
As I was reading this thread I just saw the short Pacers playoff commercial using the 8 points in 8.9 secs. :)

Anthem
04-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I saw that. You'd think they're reading the forum or something. They really threw that one together, eh? No announcer, no clips from this year. Just a slide that said "The Playoffs are Coming" and Reggie's clips from way back.

I'm slightly appeased.

Vicious Tyrant
04-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Bullseye, Deadshot!

That's a great idea.

That could be the Pacers PR tag line next year. Really, that would be great.

In fact, next time I do something excellent at work (a common occurence, of course) I'm going to leap from my desk, pull my shirt up a la Primoz, and shout "BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE, BABY!"

I think that's gonna go over reeeeal well at work.

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah, that was quick. But as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't really count.

Anthem, you should start putting it together. Someone can fake the announcer voice no problem...

Ragnar
04-06-2005, 10:16 PM
You you say things turn you on a lot? Or that you say you like the us against them additude a lot?

Dr Huxtable
04-06-2005, 10:18 PM
I saw one for the TWolves tonight. :laugh:

Lord Helmet
04-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Are you talking about national playoff commercials? I was at the game; so, I didn't see it.

indygeezer
04-06-2005, 11:33 PM
I saw one in which 2 P's players were getting a lay-up over them. I've noticed this alot over the last 2-3 sesaons. The ONLY Pacer clips they seem to use is when someone from the Pacers is being posterized....and yes, I'm paranoid about it, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

indytoad
04-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, JO did have his own commercial earlier this year.

Although I only saw it twice. I'm not sure I didn't imagine it.

IndyToad
A cheap appetizer

Anthem
04-06-2005, 11:59 PM
I had to leave in the 4th quarter, and I didn't get home until just now. ESPN is still on. Sportscenter is starting, and it's all about "The Cavs are imploding" and nothing about "The Pacers are playing great."

SoupIsGood
04-07-2005, 12:07 AM
I had to leave in the 4th quarter, and I didn't get home until just now. ESPN is still on. Sportscenter is starting, and it's all about "The Cavs are imploding" and nothing about "The Pacers are playing great."

The isn't just a Pacers thing though. Any story that even remotely involves LeBron trumps anything else, unless it is Laker related.

Jermaniac
04-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Yup if Lebron broke his finger nail and had to go to the locker room to stop the bleeding, they would have it as breaking news and would stop whatever is on TV to let everyone know that The Almighty Lebron was hurt.

SoupIsGood
04-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Yup if Lebron broke his finger nail and had to go to the locker room to stop the bleeding, they would have it as breaking news and would stop whatever is on TV to let everyone know that The Almighty Lebron was hurt.

Followed by another "LAKERS NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!11112111??!?" story.

Lord Helmet
04-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Yes, I have to say something on this matter myself. I was at the game, and whenever there was a timeout the ESPN cameras always went to the Cavs bench. And, it was when we were stomping them, which was about the whole game :laugh: But, I thought they would normally go to the winning team's bench.

Who knows. All I know is everyone in worships LeBron and the Lakers and other big teams.

Jermaniac
04-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Followed by another "LAKERS NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!11112111??!?" story.And instead of showing the Lakers game highlights, they will show Kobe who is hurt drinking gatorade on the bench and Greg Anthony analyzing about how Kobe shakes hands with Shaq next time they play against each other.

indygeezer
04-07-2005, 07:35 AM
In fairness, they did talk about the fantastic job that Carlisle is doing coaching this team and how he deserves COY, but prolly won't get it.