PDA

View Full Version : Cavs tiebreaker

_PD_
04-06-2005, 05:17 PM
We are currently 2-1 against the Cavs. If we win, we own the first tiebreaker, but if we lose all is not lost. The second tiebreaker is conference wins where we have a 2 game lead. If we lose, that becomes a 1 game lead. If there's a tie at season end, the third tiebreaker is wins within the division and I haven't looked that up yet.

Kstat
04-06-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't think you'll have to worry about tiebreakers with the cavs....

I'm beginning to wonder if they can even hold on to the 7th seed...

beast23
04-06-2005, 05:24 PM
I don't think you'll have to worry about tiebreakers with the cavs....

I'm beginning to wonder if they can even hold on to the 7th seed...Agreed. The way the Pacers are playing right now, I think they may end up with a better record than one or more of Boston, Chicago and Washington.

If we stay in the 6th spot, that wouldn't be too bad. I really think the Pacers will end up ahead of Boston, and get home court advantage.

Kstat
04-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Agreed. The way the Pacers are playing right now, I think they may end up with a better record than one or more of Boston, Chicago and Washington.

If we stay in the 6th spot, that wouldn't be too bad. I really think the Pacers will end up ahead of Boston, and get home court advantage.

Moving up any higher probably means that you'll have to become pistons fans for 10 days...since the pistons play both Washington and Chicago over the next week.....:laugh:

shags
04-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Agreed. The way the Pacers are playing right now, I think they may end up with a better record than one or more of Boston, Chicago and Washington.

That'd be an ideal scenariio if the Pacers could pass the Wizards or Bulls in the last 2 weeks. Let the Heat deal with them in the 2nd round.

I doubt that happens though. But I'll be shocked if the Pacers fall any further than 6th.