PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen = Reggie Clone?

3ptmiller
04-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Dont u think that they are so similar? I was just bored and downloaded the latest game with Seattle where Ray scores 40 points, and i was just amazed how similar he is to Reggie, i love him! i knew he had a "reggie-style" but Ray Allen i think is a total copy of Reggie... even the anouncers in the game said all the time that Ray reminds of Reggie more than any player in this earth.. and they said how Reggie and Ray are good friends and practice together, they are so similar! They even look the same!
The Shaved head
The small goatee
The Scin color
The Height almost
The weight almost
The Catch N Shoot
The way he uses the screens
The way he is always moving
The work ethic
The same attitude
The same Defense!
The Scoring
The PPA (points per attempt)
The ppg
The Shooting accuracy
The FG%
The 3PT%
The FT%
The Clutch shooting

Just EVERYTHING! :laugh: So with other words, Ray allen is the next Reggie? :D

Ragnar
04-06-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't know about that. There is just about no one I would rather have as Reggie's succesor but I think Rip is more the heir to Reggie than Ray Allen. Rip does not have the range but other than that he plays the same game.

3ptmiller
04-06-2005, 01:59 PM
I don't know about that. There is just about no one I would rather have as Reggie's succesor but I think Rip is more the heir to Reggie than Ray Allen. Rip does not have the range but other than that he plays the same game.

Yea RIP to! The way he uses the screens, and the catch-n-shoot you just see that he has studied reggies moves :) But really dont Ray remind you of Reggie? I was just amazed when i watched that game, he looked like a Prime Reggie but more explosive

DisplacedKnick
04-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Ray Allen can get his own shot whenever he wants it. Reggie can't (though he's better at that than a lot of people think).

Kstat
04-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Ray is a lot more athletic.

circlecitysportsfan
04-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Ray is a better athlete than Reggie. He also is a better ball handler. As much as people try to make guys the next Reggie, you'll never see it again. Rip is the guy people are trying to make into Reggie, but he has no 3 range. Ray is damn near 30, so we should be looking for the next ray allen (robert vaden). You'll see another Shaq before another Reggie.

Kstat
04-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Ray is a better athlete than Reggie. He also is a better ball handler. As much as people try to make guys the next Reggie, you'll never see it again. Rip is the guy people are trying to make into Reggie, but he has no 3 range. Ray is damn near 30, so we should be looking for the next ray allen (robert vaden). You'll see another Shaq before another Reggie.

Rip moves without the ball a lot like Reggie, but after that, he's not Reggie Miller.

Reggie is going to have a ton more points and threes when his career is over, and Rip is going to have a lot more assists, and probably more rebounds. He's also excellent at running the pick and roll, which was never reggie's strength.

I dunno of thats the larry brown influence, or just rip's natural progression as a player, but he's becoming less and less like Reggie every year.

canyoufeelit
04-06-2005, 06:28 PM
I like Rip. But I'd like him a whole lot better if he'd take off that stupid freakin mask already. It's been a year and a half, dude!

Kstat
04-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I like Rip. But I'd like him a whole lot better if he'd take off that stupid freakin mask already. It's been a year and a half, dude!

blame his doctor. He's the idiot that removed the extra cartilage protecting Rip's nose while he was repairing it.....

Get used to the mask, because Rip can't ever take it off on the court without risking his season.

ReggieMiller8325
04-06-2005, 06:33 PM
I say Ray Allen is a alot like Reggie in My opinion Rip is like reggie 2 in all But i rather have Ray as Reggie Because I don't like Rip too much.Ray is the closest person to breaking Reggies 3pm in carrier total so don't go of saying Ray ain't as the same as Reggie beacuse he is Reggie is a better player in prime but Ray has things that Reggie dosen't Reggie has things that Ray dosen't.

circlecitysportsfan
04-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I say Ray Allen is a alot like Reggie in My opinion Rip is like reggie 2 in all But i rather have Ray as Reggie Because I don't like Rip too much.Ray is the closest person to breaking Reggies 3pm in carrier total so don't go of saying Ray ain't as the same as Reggie beacuse he is Reggie is a better player in prime but Ray has things that Reggie dosen't Reggie has things that Ray dosen't.

You don't like rip because??? Oh yeah he plays on the pistons....would you like ray allen if he was on the pistons too???

3ptmiller
04-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Yea i know guys that there will never be another Reggie, but im just so sad that he will be gone, i will miss him so much :( When he retires, i dont want to feel like that Reggie is totally gone, more like that he has been reincarnated :).. thats why im trying to find another "reggie look alike" so that i dont feel like Reggie is completly dead, i hate that feeling :( Please reg! one more year!

efx
04-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Ray Allen reminds me of Reggie in the way that they are two of the most likable athletes in the NBA.

And my wife thinks they are both cute :)

Kegboy
04-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Ray is a comparable shooter to Reggie, but has a better all-around game. Rip is as close physically to Reggie as you're gonna get, but doesn't have the range. The problem is, neither has a tenth of Reggie's killer instinct. It's like comparing Kobe to MJ. The game's are similar, but the heart isn't there.

Destined4Greatness
04-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Topic creator, how do you remember to breathe

3ptmiller
04-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Ray is a comparable shooter to Reggie, but has a better all-around game. Rip is as close physically to Reggie as you're gonna get, but doesn't have the range. The problem is, neither has a tenth of Reggie's killer instinct. It's like comparing Kobe to MJ. The game's are similar, but the heart isn't there.

Yea i agree

Vicious Tyrant
04-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Is James Jones game similar to Reggie's?

At least they're both distance shooters who look too gangly and awkward to be on the floor. That's something, I guess.....

KStat, did I read you to say Rip will ALWAYS play with that mask? Even after the season?

3ptmiller
04-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Topic creator, how do you remember to breathe

i have gills :devil:

Kstat
04-07-2005, 01:24 PM
KStat, did I read you to say Rip will ALWAYS play with that mask? Even after the season?

That's what I said.

Vicious Tyrant
04-07-2005, 01:29 PM
That's what I said.

Geez, what a drag.

Maybe Rip could take the Scot Pollard approach and get different masks decorated like the guys in KISS. Or maybe make it into a David Stern mask. Now that would be cool. Maybe people would start wearing them as a fashion item.

Just a thought....

Kstat
04-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Geez, what a drag.

Maybe Rip could take the Scot Pollard approach and get different masks decorated like the guys in KISS. Or maybe make it into a David Stern mask. Now that would be cool. Maybe people would start wearing them as a fashion item.

Just a thought....

I've thought about that too, but I'm guessing too much paint might add weight to the mask, and screw up his sense of balance.

Besides, the NBA probably wouldnt allow that.

Not that it matters to me, Rip has been playing the best ball of his career over the last year that he's been wearing it, so obviously he doesnt care much.....

The only non-PGs in the NBA that average more assists than Rip are Wade, James, T-Mac and Garnett.

I'd say this might turn into a problem, but then again Rip made this shot.....:laugh:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/DTP10504070243.jpeg

Vicious Tyrant
04-07-2005, 03:01 PM
I've thought about that too, but I'm guessing too much paint might add weight to the mask, and screw up his sense of balance.

Hey!

That's funny!

I didn't know you were funny.

sweabs
04-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Meh...Mo Pete did that too :devil:

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img8148131.jpg

SycamoreKen
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Dont u think that they are so similar? I was just bored and downloaded the latest game with Seattle where Ray scores 40 points, and i was just amazed how similar he is to Reggie, i love him! i knew he had a "reggie-style" but Ray Allen i think is a total copy of Reggie... even the anouncers in the game said all the time that Ray reminds of Reggie more than any player in this earth.. and they said how Reggie and Ray are good friends and practice together, they are so similar! They even look the same!
The Shaved head
The small goatee
The Scin color
The Height almost
The weight almost
The Catch N Shoot
The way he uses the screens
The way he is always moving
The work ethic
The same attitude
The same Defense!
The Scoring
The PPA (points per attempt)
The ppg
The Shooting accuracy
The FG%
The 3PT%
The FT%
The Clutch shooting

Just EVERYTHING! :laugh: So with other words, Ray allen is the next Reggie? :D

Reggie never cried to the press when a defender completely dominates him like Allen does after he plays against Bowen. I don't think Reggie ever let a guy own him like Bowen owns Allen right now.

Anthem
04-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Besides, the NBA probably wouldnt allow that.

They didn't for Dale...

Does anybody have pictures of Dale with his painted mask? He was a scary dude.