PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Reggie

cariocapacer
04-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Check out this item on Reggie from the NY Gossip columns (its at the end)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/296853p-254164c.html

FROM HOOPS TO HOLLYWOOD: What will 39-year-old Indiana Pacers star Reggie Miller do for a living after retiring from basketball? And why did he invite Oscar-winner Hilary Swank and her husband, Chad Lowe, to last night's Pacers-Knicks game at Madison Square Garden? It turns out that Miller will be the executive producer - while Swank will be just a producer and Lowe will be director - of the $3.2 million indie movie "Beautiful Ohio," a poignant coming-of-age tale starring Laura Dern. L.A. lawyer Tim Hoy, who reps Miller at the SFX Sports agency, told me yesterday that his client has invested "seven figures" in the film.

3ptmiller
04-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Will Reggie act in the movies or will he just produce them? Man it will be so weird to see him as an actor, like.. "This is TERMINATOR 4 with Reggie Miller & Arnold Schwarzenegger" :D

ChicagoJ
04-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Executive Producer

AKA: Executive in Charge of Production

A producer who is not involved in any technical aspects of the filmmaking process, but who is still responsible for the overall production. Typically an executive producer handles business and legal issues. See also associate producer, co-producer, line producer.

http://www.imdb.com/Glossary/E

Bball
04-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Fortunately, Shaq and Rodman set the bar REALLY low for NBA players acting in movies... should Reggie ever decide he wants to move from producer to the other side of the lens.

-Bball

3Ball
04-06-2005, 12:19 PM
The other most important job for an executive producer: give money.

dannyboy
04-06-2005, 02:20 PM
I thought his performance in "Forget Paris" was riveting.

_PD_
04-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Fortunately, Shaq and Rodman set the bar REALLY low for NBA players acting in movies... should Reggie ever decide he wants to move from producer to the other side of the lens.

-Bball

Shaq and Rodman, indeed!!! Couldn't agree more, but did you ever see a Brian Bosworth movie? For more than 3 minutes? YOOOOWWWWW, my face hurts! :(

sweabs
04-06-2005, 03:41 PM

-Bball

I'm sure there will be people who disagree with me, but I liked Ray Allen's performance in He Got Game. I thought Reggie was pretty good in that film as well :-p

As for bad performances, Shaq is going to the top of the list with Kazaam for sure. Followed closely by Allan Houston in Black & White. Did anyone else see him in that film? That was GOD-AWFUL.

While we're at it, did anyone ever get a chance to see that Darius Miles movie?

grace
04-06-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm sure there will be people who disagree with me, but I liked Ray Allen's performance in He Got Game.

He did O.K, but I can't get past the fact that when they were filming the movie Denzel Washington was hitting more shots than Ray was. It you haven't heard the story ask Kegboy.

efx
04-06-2005, 04:22 PM
I thought his performance in "Forget Paris" was riveting.

Reg: "Where do you buy your clothes?"
Billy Chrystal: "Why do you ask?"
Reg: "I'm thinking of having a kid, I want to know where to shop!"

Funny.

sweabs
04-06-2005, 05:46 PM
He did O.K, but I can't get past the fact that when they were filming the movie Denzel Washington was hitting more shots than Ray was. It you haven't heard the story ask Kegboy.

Please tell. Denzel actually has a pretty nice shot. He kind of shoots over top his head, but it works for him.

cariocapacer
04-06-2005, 05:53 PM
I think Rodman would have been the ultimate reality show in his hay day.

grace
04-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Please tell. Denzel actually has a pretty nice shot. He kind of shoots over top his head, but it works for him.

I think Denzel hit a bunch of shots in a row before Ray realized he might really actually have to guard him.

3ptmiller
04-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Now i remember! He acted once in Hangin with mr. cooper... you remember that one guys? That was not bad acting

Ragnar
04-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Speaking of movies and NBA players what ever happened to Dale Davis' movie that mirrored the Kobe situation? Anyone remember that or know what it was called.

hehe my avatar makes it look like JT is looking up at 3ptmillers avatar. :laugh: