PDA

View Full Version : I somehow missed this... Pacers.com says Bender has "chronic" knee sor

Anthem
02-06-2004, 02:28 PM
That's his listed injury for the IL.

Is that new? I thought they put him there and it just said "knee." Now they're breaking out the adjectives.

Bad sign?

waxman
02-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Who's got the chronic?...

DisplacedKnick
02-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Hopefully it isn't arthritis - he's awful young.

Could be tendinitis - seems like most NBA big men get that to some extent though again - he's pretty young for it.

Or it could just mean it hurts ...

Will Galen
02-06-2004, 02:53 PM
That's his listed injury for the IL.

Is that new? I thought they put him there and it just said "knee." Now they're breaking out the adjectives.

Bad sign?

That's not new. That's what they put down when he went on the injury list this last time. In this case I think it just means his knee still hurts.

beast23
02-06-2004, 02:57 PM
There may have been some one on the board who mentioned that a few weeks ago, along with "chronic" swelling.

ABADays
02-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Some people never fully recover. I had the same problem with my left knee and the pain and swelling is very easily reacquired through physical activity. And this has been years. He might be facing the same thing and might not be tough enough to play through it.

Bball
02-06-2004, 04:22 PM
When Bender didn't come back for the start of the season one of the stories on the Star mentioned he'd had surgery for a 'chronic' knee problem.

That perked my ears up. That was the first time I heard 'chronic' reported in regards to his knee. I posted a link to the article but I think most replies dismissed my worries.

When they start calling pains chronic then it starts making me skeptical. That tells me the problem may or may not be fixable...or recurring... let alone even totally diagnosable.

And if it has reached a stage where they think surgery is necessary then they must be declaring more serious than just a nagging pain.

Bender is a bust.... a bad pick... a badly timed pick.... and now whatever chance he had to make any kind of impact on this team is being negated by an injury that at this point threatens to stunt his career.

You can stick a fork in him because I believe he is done as a Pacer. IMHO....

This was his chance with a new coach to fit into the new chemistry that Carlisle was developing and he once again is not able to answer the bell. The team is developing without him.... and only able to see him thru the rearview mirror.

-Bball "Thinks Bender would be much better off for himself and the Pacers in another uniform"

dipperdunk
02-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Some people never fully recover. I had the same problem with my left knee and the pain and swelling is very easily reacquired through physical activity. And this has been years. He might be facing the same thing and might not be tough enough to play through it.

I totally agree, the same exact thing happened to Matt Geiger when he was with the 76ers he had minor knee surgery like Bender but whenever he would try to play on it he would get swelling and pain. That went on for about 2 years until he retired and he was only about 29 years old or so; sometimes those things just never fully heal and the player gets tired of having his knee drained and trying to play through the pain.

Eindar
02-06-2004, 06:13 PM
What is it with this franchise? Clark Kellog, Steve Stipanovich, almost Al Harrington, and now possibly JB.

Slick Pinkham
02-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Kellogg was a 20-10 guy. Yes, he was putting up Jermaine numbers. That was the worst one ever.

Losing JB would suck, but I'd put it more on par with losing Haywoode Workman- a solid contributor but not a star.

beast23
02-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Kellogg was a 20-10 guy. Yes, he was putting up Jermaine numbers. That was the worst one ever.

Losing JB would suck, but I'd put it more on par with losing Haywoode Workman- a solid contributor but not a star.
No, I'd say it's more like losing Scott Haskin.

Big Smooth
02-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Thinder wouldn't have "chronic" injury issues if he'd just learn to pass that shizzat to a brutha.

:P

Bball
02-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Pacerman thinks people that refer to themselves in third person have "Jalen syndrom" :crazy:

lol! :D

-Bball