PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Severely? Injuries Ankle

beast23
03-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Anybody watching the Pistons - Spurs game?

Duncan went down with about 3 minutes gone in the game with what looked like a very severely sprained ankle.

He injured the same ankle that he injured early in the season. He stepped on Rasheed's foot coming down in an attempt to get a rebound and completely rolled his foot.

They'll probably release more information at half-time, but I don't see him back anytime soon.

Edit:

Duncan was helped to the locker room by teammates and did not even attempt to walk on the ankle. He is being taken to the locker room in a wheelchair after having it x-rayed in the Pistons locker room. X-rays were negative... no break.

SoupIsGood
03-20-2005, 03:54 PM
I am stuck with PHX-MEM.

shags
03-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Just said Duncan more than likely won't play against the Pacers.

SoupIsGood
03-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Just said Duncan more than likely won't play against the Pacers.

I am stunned.....

We actually caught a break!

Kstat
03-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Amazing irony.....Ben suffered that EXACT SAME INJURY at home against the Spurs 2 years ago.....he was out the rest of the regular season.

kolko
03-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Grade 2 sprain, he may be out up to 2 weeks

kerosene
03-20-2005, 04:38 PM
There goes my fantasy team. :/

shags
03-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Definitely out for the Pacer game. He's flying back to San Antonio on Piston owner Bill Davidson's private jet.

efx
03-20-2005, 06:18 PM
That was a nice gesture by the Pistons owner.

Gyron
03-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Damn,there goes my fantasy team too

3Ball
03-21-2005, 12:32 AM
I was just thinking, of course they're both injured now, but what if JO had decided to go to San Antonio before last season. He at least thought about it. That would be better than most fantasty teams. Whew.

Sollozzo
03-21-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm going to see the Pacers-Spurs game on Wednesday.

That sucks, no Duncan, no Jermaine...............

kolko
03-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Devin Brown is out for tomorrow game too.

ReggieMiller8325
03-22-2005, 04:18 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhh Duncans injured we can win now.

waterjater
03-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Funny how players like Jermaine, Duncan and countless others continue to get injured in Detroit when B. Wallace undercuts them......

Funny, I don't hate Shaq (not a fan of Shaq), but I do Hate B. Wallace. Hate is probably a nice word....

efx
03-23-2005, 01:05 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhh Duncans injured we can win now.

That's inspiring. Cheer for a player going down. I know a win's a win but wouldn't it mean a heck of a lot more if they had Duncan?

Waterjater, did you see Duncan go down? Do you really think that it was an intentional thing?

Kstat
03-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Funny how players like Jermaine, Duncan and countless others continue to get injured in Detroit when B. Wallace undercuts them......

:rotflmao:

Uh........yeah.

I guess that makes DUncan a thug too, since Ben got hurt the exact same way 2 years ago against duncan.....

shags
03-23-2005, 02:30 PM

Funny, I don't hate Shaq (not a fan of Shaq), but I do Hate B. Wallace. Hate is probably a nice word....

That might be the most idiotic post I've seen on here. Did you even see the play? It was a freak thing. And when did O'Neal (or anyone else for that matter) get injured at the hands of Ben?

Oh well. I hate Jermaine O'Neal about as much as most Pacer fans hate Ben Wallace.

Kstat
03-23-2005, 02:32 PM
That might be the most idiotic post I've seen on here. Did you even see the play? It was a freak thing. And when did O'Neal (or anyone else for that matter) get injured at the hands of Ben?

Oh well. I hate Jermaine "The Excuse" O'Neal about as much as most Pacer fans hate Ben Wallace.

Lets not resort to insults.

SHags, I think he's referring to JO getting hurt in the ECF last year, which was about as much Ben's fault as it was Artest's. In other words, it was an obvious accident.

As for the rest of that post....I'm going to take a trip to somewhere far away, so when the bombs start falling I'll be far away......

shags
03-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Lets not resort to insults.

SHags, I think he's referring to JO getting hurt in the ECF last year, which was about as much Ben's fault as it was Artest's. In other words, it was an obvious accident.

As for the rest of that post....I'm going to take a trip to somewhere far away, so when the bombs start falling I'll be far away......

You're right. I changed it. Of course, since it's in your post, it won't matter.

Still stand by my statement though, as unpopular here as it may be.

Kstat
03-23-2005, 02:42 PM
You're right. I changed it. Of course, since it's in your post, it won't matter.

Still stand by my statement though, as unpopular here as it may be.

Well, it was a very bad accusation.

I was in a Spurs chatroom when Duncan went down. The word "intentional never even came up.

Actually, most of them blame DUNCAN for playing the whole season with an ankle that had already been injured twice.

Hicks
03-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Oh well. I hate Jermaine O'Neal about as much as most Pacer fans hate Ben Wallace.

I highly doubt it.

shags
03-23-2005, 03:36 PM
I highly doubt it.

You're probably right. I definitely overstated that, mainly because most Pacer fans despise Ben. Outside of O'Neal playing for the Pistons or helping me or my family personally, I can't think of a scenario where I would ever root for him. I guess that's the point I was trying to get across, along with that ridiculous cheapshot undercut statement made by another poster about Ben.

My fault. Shouldn't have posted that here.

Los Angeles
03-23-2005, 04:37 PM
No offense to anyone here, but I always kind of liked Ben, and the Pistons for that matter. I just like the Pacers a lot more.

:whoknows:

:zip:

Kstat
03-23-2005, 04:53 PM
:lurk:

Pass me some, dammit.

waterjater
03-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Actually, I did watch the play several times. I don't think it was intentional and never said I thought it was. He came across the lane and bumped Duncan low as he was shooting which made him fall into Rasheed and twist his ankle. This stuff happens a lot and I'm sure our guys bump low as well....I just see it time and time again with Wallace.

I do believe stongly that Ben Wallace goes right in and under people as they are shooting which is a foul....which causes the offensive player to come down at the wrong angle hence what Caused O'neals injury in last years ECF! I don't think he's deliberately trying to hurt anyone, but I don't like how he plays. Injuries seem to occur when players like Shaq (elbows- teeth knocked out), Mutombo (Elbows again), Karl Malone (Elbows and Knees), etc. are playing....and I put Wallace in this category.

As for my extreme dislike for him...thats my opinion and it won't change. I like the rest of the Pistons, even Rasheed, but Ben is a sore loser and showed his true colors when The Pacers handed them there *** back in December. He succeeded in baiting our emotional problem child into throwing away an entire season....3 cheers for taking the easy way out, rather than beating us at full strength.

If you believe its an idiot post, I'm ok with it....because that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. No hurt feelings on my part.

With apologies to any loyal posters here who think I'm way out of line here. Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Water

Kstat
03-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Um, Wallace was trying to pry the ball loose......which he did. Duncan had to bend over to recover the ball, and he scored. Ben was WELL out of the play when Duncan went back up for his second attempt, the one he busted his ankle on. Are you saying its a dirty play to try to strip someone of the ball?

If you can call that a dirty play, then I guess %90 of plays in the NBA could be called dirty.

I do believe stongly that Ben Wallace goes right in and under people as they are shooting which is a foul....

Wow, Ben must be even more amazing than I thought.....he manages to block 3274 shots a game, and yet at the same time he manages to UNDERCUT the players he defends.....he must really have some long arms......