PDA

View Full Version : WTF is tomorrows game not on TV?

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 11:19 PM
I just looked and the game is not listed anywhere. I just checked Direct TV and it is not listed there either. Man I hate that dont they understand the concept of EVERY GAME on league pass.

Arggg I just noticed that the game against the Wizards on April 3rd is not going to be on either :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kstat
03-19-2005, 11:20 PM
I just looked and the game is not listed anywhere. I just checked Direct TV and it is not listed there either. Man I hate that dont they understand the concept of EVERY GAME on league pass.

Apparently you didn't read the fine print when you signed up for league PASS.......

ANYTIME an NBA game is on ABC, League Pass is blacked out. Its been that way for a long time. ABC made the NBA agree to it.

Miller_time04
03-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I heard this during the Laker game..If I remember correctly the last game not on TV this year was vs the Nets also..

Lord Helmet
03-19-2005, 11:23 PM
I don't think the Pacer game is on ABC tommorow though. The Piston vs Spurs or Phoenix vs someone is going to be on, it matters where you live, its one of those. The Pacers-Nets game isn't going to be on T.V. at all. Thats why I am so glad I am going.

Kstat
03-19-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't think the Pacer game is on ABC tommorow though. The Piston vs Spurs or Phoenix vs someone is going to be on, it matters where you live, its one of those. The Pacers-Nets game isn't going to be on T.V. at all. Thats why I am so glad I am going.

Try reading my post again.

It doesn't have to be the Pacers playing. if ANYBODY is playing on ABC, you're not getting league PASS until that game is over.

Lord Helmet
03-19-2005, 11:30 PM
I wasn't even talking about LP being blacked out; I was just saying that the Pacer game won't be on T.V. tommorow. Because, all this week I thought ABC was going to broadcast it.

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Apparently you didn't read the fine print when you signed up for league PASS.......

ANYTIME an NBA game is on ABC, League Pass is blacked out. Its been that way for a long time. ABC made the NBA agree to it.

I was one of the first customers for league pass ABC was not doing the games then. I have not read anything since then.(not that I read it then)

Jermaniac
03-19-2005, 11:36 PM

ANYTIME an NBA game is on ABC, League Pass is blacked out. Its been that way for a long time. ABC made the NBA agree to it. So that means you cant watch any NBA game on League Pass when there is a game on ABC?

MSA2CF
03-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Tomorrow's game not on TV.

Sad but true.

Go to it if you can...or just listen I suppose.

Kstat
03-19-2005, 11:39 PM
So that means you cant watch any NBA game on League Pass when there is a game on ABC?
That's what I said.

Lord Helmet
03-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Tomorrow's game not on TV.

Sad but true.

Go to it if you can...or just listen I suppose.
Yeah, I'm glad I can go. Heck, I don't even think that New Jersey is televising the game.

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I'm glad I can go. Heck, I don't even think that New Jersey is televising the game.

Did I just hear Kstat's head explode?

Jermaniac
03-19-2005, 11:53 PM
That's what I said. Well that stupid, guess I'm going to have to follow the **** on nba.com

Unclebuck
03-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Ragnar, get in your car and drive two hours down I-69 and enjoy the game in person at Conseco.

Ragnar
03-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Ragnar, get in your car and drive two hours down I-69 and enjoy the game in person at Conseco.

It has been a while since I have been down there. I just set the vcr to record the F1 race so I will actually sleep tonight. I might be able to make it down there. The problem is that we usually go to Ohio to visit with family on Sundays but I can probably skip this week.

Deadshot
03-20-2005, 12:04 PM
EDIT: threads merged; question answered. Thanks

Kstat
03-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Ragnar- this one's for you.

:suicide: :suicide::suicide: :suicide::suicide: :suicide::suicide: :suicide::suicide: :suicide:

NOBODY tell him. The first person to tell him will feel my wrath, understand! You mother****ers will not put me in that position again! You'll run suicides like you're puking your guts out! I will make you ****ers pay like you won't ****ing believe!

*throws chair*

Old as Dirt
03-20-2005, 02:43 PM
The sch. that I printed last fall gives them being on ABC, but the Disk Net, say it is SA & Det depending on who they want to carry? I tired to contact Chg Will Hampton and can not get an ans. If they are carried I for one think it stinks to high heaven. Great pride for the time>

ChicagoJ
03-21-2005, 06:08 PM
:laugh:ing at KStat.

This rule is a carryover from NBC.

Ragnar, this isn't anything new.

Generally, two or three games might be put in ABC's timeframe so that if somebody from ABC's marquee matchup is having, say, the season from Hell, ABC can pick up a more interesting game.

Usually, the Pacers or whomever switch the game so its not in the ABC blackout window. But I believe both teams have to agree to the switch, and depending on travel considerations, they may not want to.

For example, the Pacers played a game in Cleveland last season during ABC's timeslot that Mark Boyle called, "The best game that nobody saw [last] season."

Ragnar
03-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Back when it was on NBC if there were alternate games on you could watch all of them. At least thats how it worked on Direct TV.

ChicagoJ
03-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Back when it was on NBC if there were alternate games on you could watch all of them. At least thats how it worked on Direct TV.

Right, and that was a nice unadvertised bonus, but if a game during the same timeframe was not an NBC game, you couldn't see it anywhere, even New Jersey.