PDA

View Full Version : My favorite thing about Reggie Miller

Eindar
03-19-2005, 04:27 AM
Reggie is one of those rare guys who actually play better the more the opposing player tries to get him upset. I think both Caron and Kobe tried to get into his head a little bit, and it might have been what propelled him to the 39 tonight. Most guys, in a situation like that, will either do nothing or even play worse as they try to do to much to prove their manliness or whatever. The only other guys I've noticed since I've been alive who also do this "billboard material" thing on a regular basis, and that's Bird and Jordan. That puts Reggie in pretty special company :)

3ptmiller
03-19-2005, 05:53 AM
he is THE MAN, nuff said

fooddaman
03-19-2005, 07:29 AM
Reggie is one of those rare guys who actually play better the more the opposing player tries to get him upset. I think both Caron and Kobe tried to get into his head a little bit, and it might have been what propelled him to the 39 tonight. Most guys, in a situation like that, will either do nothing or even play worse as they try to do to much to prove their manliness or whatever. The only other guys I've noticed since I've been alive who also do this "billboard material" thing on a regular basis, and that's Bird and Jordan. That puts Reggie in pretty special company :)

It's not like this isn't well documented throughout his career. :whoknows: You would think that opposing players and fans would learn, but good for us that they don't. :bdance:

Will Galen
03-19-2005, 07:48 AM
It's not like this isn't well documented throughout his career. :whoknows: You would think that opposing players and fans would learn, but good for us that they don't. :bdance:

What it is is opposing players and fans read this web site and see that Reggie is getting too old and is getting legacy starts, and they take it to heart.
(giggle,giggle,snort)

Kegboy
03-19-2005, 02:03 PM
I couldn't believe it when I saw Caron trying to talk at Reggie. Stupifying.

However, I think Reggie was on from the get go, cause he knew this was the last time he'd play Kobe.

Kstat
03-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Rasheed Wallace is a lot like that.

The difference is, I think he tries to get HIMSELF upset......I'm ususally pretty happy when he gets a technical, because he doesn't play his best unless he feels he has something to prove.

Anthem
03-19-2005, 03:47 PM
The thing that's amazing about Reggie is the sense of inevitability. Once Reggie got the ball in the corner, the game was over. Nobody doubted it.

What blew my mind was how even the Lakers felt that way. The game was over, they'd never be able to come back, and they still kept fouling Reggie. Even though they knew he'd make the FTs and they wouldn't have time for another shot, they fouled him immediately rather than letting the clock run out. And it wasn't just one guy... two guys nailed him at the end there.

There's not another player on the Pacers like that.

fooddaman
03-19-2005, 04:56 PM
What it is is opposing players and fans read this web site and see that Reggie is getting too old and is getting legacy starts, and they take it to heart.
(giggle,giggle,snort)

:laugh: :buddies: :dance: :applaud: :dj: :eyebrow: :gopacers: