PDA

View Full Version : Shorten Pre-season?

Lord Helmet
03-19-2005, 01:13 AM
Well, I am trying to get some discussion in here since, after all the Edge talk has subsided, it has got quiet.

The reason I bring up this is because I have heard that there is talk to shorten the pre-season and make the regular season longer.

One of the reasons is because #1. Most coaches think it is too long already. And #2. If you shorten the pre-season, it decreases the chances of key players getting hurt.

I think they should do it. Now, what is everyone else's thoughts?

fooddaman
03-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, I am trying to get some discussion in here since, after all the Edge talk has subsided, it has got quiet.

The reason I bring up this is because I have heard that there is talk to shorten the pre-season and make the regular season longer.

One of the reasons is because #1. Most coaches think it is too long already. And #2. If you shorten the pre-season, it decreases the chances of key players getting hurt.

I think they should do it. Now, what is everyone else's thoughts?

I would agree, they should cut the pre-season by at least 2 games, maybe more.

obnoxiousmodesty
03-19-2005, 09:10 PM
I think shortening preseason to two games is an excellent idea. However, I do not think lengthening the season is a good idea at all.

Los Angeles
03-20-2005, 05:24 PM
The way I heard this told, is that the season would increase in length by a couple of weeks, but no games would be added. Each team would get an additional bye-week or two in the middle of the season.

That sounds like a good idea to me.

Pig Nash
03-20-2005, 09:01 PM
The way I heard this told, is that the season would increase in length by a couple of weeks, but no games would be added. Each team would get an additional bye-week or two in the middle of the season.

That sounds like a good idea to me.

I agree, but i agree with btown too.

Natston
03-22-2005, 02:22 AM
I usually don't have any beef against the preseason length, but we're playing in 5 games this year...