PDA

View Full Version : Things overheard at tonight's game

Kegboy
03-18-2005, 11:30 PM
After Kobe's introduction before tipoff

(disapprovingly) "Wow, I didn't know so many people didn't like him."

Exchange during the first quarter

"Why isn't Tinsley playing?"

"I don't know. Oh, you know, he missed the last game with the flu. That's probably why."

during a timeout

"What's that thing with Boomer?"

"Oh, that's Boozer. They started him about 5 years ago."

one minute left, after Jack was called for the foul when Kobe pushed him

"WE got raped on that one!"

Kobe had just made the first foul shot. After that, he missed the second. :devil:

Unclebuck
03-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Kegboy is that really you ?

Kegboy
03-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Kegboy is that really you ?

Um, let me check. :zip:

(checks mirror)

Uh, I think so. :whoknows:

MagicRat
03-19-2005, 12:02 AM
After Kobe's introduction before tipoff

(disapprovingly) "Wow, I didn't know so many people didn't like him."

Exchange during the first quarter

"Why isn't Tinsley playing?"

"I don't know. Oh, you know, he missed the last game with the flu. That's probably why."

during a timeout

"What's that thing with Boomer?"

"Oh, that's Boozer. They started him about 5 years ago."

one minute left, after Jack was called for the foul when Kobe pushed him

"WE got raped on that one!"

Kobe had just made the first foul shot. After that, he missed the second. :devil:

Let me guess: reasons 108, 109, 110 and 111 why you're not getting season tickets next year.........;)

Kegboy
03-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Let me guess: reasons 108, 109, 110 and 111 why you're not getting season tickets next year.........;)

No, the last one was funny. And we were in the one-teens before we got to our seats.

I just wanted to lend some credence to my always talking about how insanely stupid the people around me always are.

heywoode
03-19-2005, 01:24 AM
some of those would be tough to take....

My peeve is the people that have better seats than me, or have the really great seats that say those things or don't even seem to pay attention...

aceace
03-19-2005, 03:25 AM
some of those would be tough to take....

My peeve is the people that have better seats than me, or have the really great seats that say those things or don't even seem to pay attention...

Oh to be wealthy, blond big boobed hotties and great Pacer seats... not sure which would be better

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 03:27 AM
Oh to be wealthy, blond big boobed hotties and great Pacer seats... not sure which would be better

I prefer Brunetts so I would pick the Pacer seats.

Los Angeles
03-19-2005, 03:33 AM
This thread is hilarious!

Sitting next to casual - or even just-there-because-somebody-gave-me-a-free-ticket "fans" just comes with the territory. Everybody has to start somewhere.

BTW, this reminds me of an awesome site I ran into the other day. People submit what they overhear around New York, and it's posted here. The site updates every day. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://overheardinnewyork.com/

Kegboy
03-19-2005, 02:01 PM
This thread is hilarious!

Sitting next to casual - or even just-there-because-somebody-gave-me-a-free-ticket "fans" just comes with the territory. Everybody has to start somewhere.

BTW, this reminds me of an awesome site I ran into the other day. People submit what they overhear around New York, and it's posted here. The site updates every day. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://overheardinnewyork.com/

Oh, thanks for that LA. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. You have 5 girlfriends! :lmao:

heywoode
03-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Well, what I meant was that the people who go use the corporate tickets to schmooze clients and sit and talk business all game in a shirt and tie are the ones that I have the peeve against....

I think it is great if there are fans who are first-timers, or people who got given tickets go to games. I agree that you have to start somewhere....

I've been taken to games by a vendor and that is fine. We wore Pacers gear and talked a little business when the game wasn't going on....

Courtside in a suit jacket, tie, and white button down shirt irritates me....If you're going to be that close, at least represent and show support....

If I was a player and saw some jerk-off in a suit talking on his cell phone I'd make an 'errant pass' and get him a little more involved in the action....

Just my opinion....

RWB
03-19-2005, 02:43 PM
True story....One of the funniest things I over heard by a guy wearing a suit and tie I was sitting behind at a Pacers game and I quote "these refs really blow". Spoken during a Bucks/Pacers game by then Indiana Governor Evan Bayh.

heywoode
03-19-2005, 02:51 PM
I guess I'd have to cut the guv a little slack about the dress code....

Nice story!

Bball
03-19-2005, 05:08 PM
If I was a player and saw some jerk-off in a suit talking on his cell phone I'd make an 'errant pass' and get him a little more involved in the action....

Just my opinion....

Maybe you've just explained some of Tinsley's more questionable passes!? :eek:

-Bball

Kegboy
03-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Get off your knees ref, your blowing the game.

I hear that about once every 3 games. Kinda loses it's appeal after hearing it so damn much.

aceace
03-20-2005, 09:57 PM
After reading this thread a few days back I decided to listen to some of the comments around me.

Before entering Conseco, I was trying to get a great deal on a ticket from a scalper. 2 guys I had been standing with looking at some tickets 10 minutes earlier from another scalper. They came over screaming as I was trying to make my deal "wheres the black guy in the black jacket, the tickets he sold us were fakes". It helped me because I got a $62 ticket for $20.

Halfway through the 2nd quarter the guy behind me "that marbury is killin us" after Vince Carter had made about 3 in a row.

Game observation: Vince carter is over his Canadien Flu Bug

dannyboy
03-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Get off your knees ref, your blowing the game.

This reminds me of something I heard at a Pacers-Rockets game a few years back.

Everytime (and I mean everytime) JO went to the freethrow line, this guy a couple rows in front of me would stand up and yell "JERMAINE O'NEAL SUCKS!" as he released ball. The people in the section eventually tune it out.

JO goes to the line for probably the 10th or 15th time early in the 4th quarter during a quiet moment in the arena, and this time the guy stands up and yells "JERMAINE O'NEAL SWALLOWS!" causing 25% of the arena to laugh aloud (myself included).

SoupIsGood
03-20-2005, 11:05 PM
This reminds me of something I heard at a Pacers-Rockets game a few years back.

Everytime (and I mean everytime) JO went to the freethrow line, this guy a couple rows in front of me would stand up and yell "JERMAINE O'NEAL SUCKS!" as he released ball. The people in the section eventually tune it out.

JO goes to the line for probably the 10th or 15th time early in the 4th quarter during a quiet moment in the arena, and this time the guy stands up and yells "JERMAINE O'NEAL SWALLOWS!" causing 25% of the arena to laugh aloud (myself included).

Funny!

grace
03-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Years ago at MSA we were playing either the Knicks or the Nets. Somebody got called for a foul and this 10 year old kid wearing the other teams jersey stands up and yells "Show me the blood!"