PDA

View Full Version : Most fun game of the year

Unclebuck
03-18-2005, 10:34 PM
I've been to close 25 games this season in person and this game was the most fun I've had.

The crowd was into from the start, not sure why, but it felt almost like a playoff crowd. The standing ovation they gave Dale Davis in the third quarter was great and well deserved.

The Lakers played very well excpet for the first 6 minutes of each half, but Chucky and Caron were excellent.

Before I get to Reggie a few other Pacers players deserve mention.

Anthony Johnson hit the two most important shots of the game. He hit a three pointer to put the Pacers up 4 and then a two pointer to put us up 6. In fact he scored 9 points in the last 3 1/2 minutes of the game and some of you wonder why I like the guy. I never ever get nervous when he takes an important shot late in a close game because he is a rather clutch shooter.

Jeff Foster did a great job on Odom, so well in fact you did not even notice Odom on the court over the last 18 minutes of the game (a little humor there) . But his overall defense and rebounding was excellent.

That of course leads me into Dale. I'll say this again what were the Warriors coaches smoking, why didn't he play 30 minutes a night for a bad G. State team. Dale is a difference maker. When he is on the bench the team is simply not nearly as good, the opponent gets inside shots, they get rebounds, and they can roam free without any worry, but Dale changes the game more than any player on the Pacers team right now.

Let me end with Reggie of course. That was vintage Reggie, he was good the whole game and he looked 30 years old tonight. If you had been out of the country for 10 years and came back and watched tis game you would say Reggie is as good as ever. That was a special and memorable performance.

A very fun night indeed. I wish everyone could have been there because it was one of the most memorable regular season game I've ever been to.

Ragnar
03-18-2005, 10:39 PM
When Dale recieved that ovation the first thing that poped into my sick twisted head was to wonder if Jermaine has ever recived that big of one. Maybe he has but I dont remember one.

I agree about Golden State what the heck were they thinking. Add Portland and the Hornets to that list.

P.S. I have never said AJ was a bad shooter I have maintained that he was a bad pg. I stand by that and that he should be used in a Steve Kerr roll. That is a big and important roll for a team I just want another backup pg.

3ptmiller
03-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Lucky americans! :D

Jermaniac
03-18-2005, 10:44 PM
When Dale recieved that ovation the first thing that poped into my sick twisted head was to wonder if Jermaine has ever recived that big of one. Maybe he has but I dont remember one.

I agree about Golden State what the heck were they thinking. Add Portland and the Hornets to that list.

P.S. I have never said AJ was a bad shooter I have maintained that he was a bad pg. I stand by that and that he should be used in a Steve Kerr roll. That is a big and important roll for a team I just want another backup pg. When JO got 55 he had a huge standing ovation

Suaveness
03-18-2005, 10:44 PM
I feel so proud to be a Pacers fan right now. I got to see the game on TV, and I was cheering my head off.

Dale and Jeff are fantastic. They are such terrific rebounders, I think 33 reb between them. These guys just make a difference and change the game, kind of like Jamaal.

AJ had a spectacular performance...13 and 11. He is a terrific backup PG, and I am glad he is on our team.

And Reggie...what a guy. I love him so much. I hope I can see him one more time.

Ragnar
03-18-2005, 10:46 PM
When JO got 55 he had a huge standing ovation

Ok that one was pretty big. And I assume that after many years in uniform he will get more of them. I just think the Pacers fans (not just us die hard freaks) love Dale and are really happy to have him back.

Southside_Pacer
03-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Those Pacers teams in the mid to late 90s will always have a special place in the hearts of fans, because that's when people started taking notice of who the Pacers were, and that we do play pro ball in Indianapolis.

Dale was a big part of that. Those teams were really fun to watch!

Unclebuck
03-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Pacers fans have always loved Dale and have always appreciated what he brings to a team. When Dale got that standing ovation for just playing his game (it wasn't as if he scored a bunch of points) I was really happy for Dale more than anything. He had to love that also, because he's a guy who just plays and I doubt he was appreciated in Portland or certainly G.State.

ABADays
03-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I think Dale is playing so well because he's happy as hell to be home!

Southside_Pacer
03-18-2005, 11:02 PM
And as Dale always says, it feels as if I never left. :)

UB said it perfectly. Dale plays Dale's game, and that's what we've come to know and love from him.

MSA2CF
03-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I agree, UB, that this was an extremely fun game to watch. One of my favorites ever. And one of Reggie's best ever if I may say so (in terms of personal performance).

Not to discount our players' efforts, but this Lakers team isn't a good one. This was a game we were meant to win. That said, our players still had to come out and play and makes shots, which they did. I commend Anthony; he is giving me second thoughts about whether or not he really is better as a backup or starter. Dale and Jeff did what they are supposed to do; I was surprised to hear the 16/17 rebounding figures. An amazing job (although the Lakers have only one guy who can rebound consistently). And Reggie; I wish all Pacers fans could have been watching tonight. I was kicking myself for not selecting the ticket package earlier in the season that included tonight's game, but at least I got to watch it. I would have had a heart attack if I'd missed this game like I did the 36 points versus Portland. My respect for Reggie increased even more, though it's really hard to gain much more. He's going out on top of his game, like Quinn said, and that's fitting. His interview with Jim Gra(e)y showed his immense amount of class and leadership as he again reaffirmed his desire to not stand in the way of progress. Bravo, Reggie, bravo. I'm at the point where I'm willing to let go of him; he could not be leaving in a better way except to win the elusive championship, which I hope he gets. And I thought the play at the end, when he drove in and kicked the ball out to Anthony for the 2--Reggie supposedly went against Rick's plan--showed tremendous teamwork. He'd had it going all game long, yet he still went to a teammate when he could've forced up a bad shot, something I think Kobe Bryant will never do. Statistics aside, Reggie Miller was and is a great basketball player. I'm ecstatic about this win, but I cannot wait until Sunday to see what the turnout will be.

Unclebuck
03-18-2005, 11:07 PM
The Lakers aren't very good but I thought they played a very determined game tonight and I would guess it was one of their better defensive games in awhile. No doubt the Lakers are not the Spurs or the Heat

MSA2CF
03-18-2005, 11:19 PM
One more thing) After the game, Al said that the crowd was chanting, "One/more/year." I wonder if Reggie heard that, and what he thought about that. I imagine it was a surreal experience at the Fieldhouse tonight.

MSA2CF
03-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Damn you MSA!!!

I got home with 1:00 left in the first half..........

This is the first time this year I have missed a major "Miller moment[s]"

Lo siento, senor! :-p

I wouldn't worry; doesn't someone record these games/upload them?

burnzone
03-18-2005, 11:25 PM
We are sitting in the 6th spot right now, Chicago lost to the hornets tonight, they have lost 4 straight.

Right now, we are about 2.5 games behind Cleveland, so as long as the Pacers continue to play hard, there's no reason to believe we can't end up in the 5th spot in the playoffs, and that is exciting to me, considering all they've been through this year.

3ptmiller
03-18-2005, 11:30 PM
If nobody uploads this game i will go "scarface aka. al pacino" in this forum! :D

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 12:08 AM
I hate to tell you this but due to scheduling on my part and satelite problems with someone else this game was not recorded by a single person on the planet.

Just kidding the game is done encoding and will be on its way to able ASAP (it will take about 13 hours) but that makes the news that we did not get the first quarter a little easier to take.

3ptmiller
03-19-2005, 12:16 AM
LOL Ragnar, you almost gave me a heart attack there! :arrgh:

Lord Helmet
03-19-2005, 12:17 AM
I hate to tell you this but due to scheduling on my part and satelite problems with someone else this game was not recorded by a single person on the planet.

Just kidding the game is done encoding and will be on its way to able ASAP (it will take about 13 hours) but that makes the news that we did not get the first quarter a little easier to take.
Yeah, the "encoding" part is a *****. Why is that?

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 12:17 AM
LOL Ragnar, you almost gave me a heart attack there! :arrgh:

You dont want to know how fast I had to drive between my house and where I was to get here in time for the second quarter. :devil:

My appointment was a half an hour late if he would have been on time I would have made it home right in time for tip off. :mad:

3ptmiller
03-19-2005, 12:21 AM
You dont want to know how fast I had to drive between my house and where I was to get here in time for the second quarter. :devil:

My appointment was a half an hour late if he would have been on time I would have made it home right in time for tip off. :mad:

Hehe good job tho! at least we can see something of that game :)

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Yeah, the "encoding" part is a *****. Why is that?

I dont think thats too hard I have a system down. It only takes me maybe 15 to 20 minutes to get it set up to encode. It just takes a while for the computer to actually run through the encoding process.

At first it was taking me a lot longer but I have a system now. It has been done for a little while I was just pre occupied and forgot to check it.

Lord Helmet
03-19-2005, 12:25 AM
I dont think thats too hard I have a system down. It only takes me maybe 15 to 20 minutes to get it set up to encode. It just takes a while for the computer to actually run through the encoding process.

At first it was taking me a lot longer but I have a system now. It has been done for a little while I was just pre occupied and forgot to check it.
I don't know if this is any different than what you are doing but, after I get a game downloaded. While I'm getting it ready to burn, it goes through the "Encoding" process and it takes real long, up to 2-4 hours(And that is just putting 2 QTR's on one CD)

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 12:26 AM
I don't know if this is any different than what you are doing but, after I get a game downloaded. While I'm getting it ready to burn, it goes through the "Encoding" process and it takes real long, up to 2-4 hours(And that is just putting 2 QTR's on one CD)

Oh you are re encoding it into vcd mode. I take it you are watching it on a set top dvd player?

P.S. I just had a thought and ran upstairs to check this game will replay on ESPN at 3:00am I will stay up and record the first quarter so we have the entire game. (I am staying up to watch F1 qualifying anyway not that late but what the heck)

Lord Helmet
03-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Oh you are re encoding it into vcd mode. I take it you are watching it on a set top dvd player?
Yeah, I am watching it on a DVD player. Is that why? Whats a "Set top dvd player" ?

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I am watching it on a DVD player. Is that why? Whats a "Set top dvd player" ?

Sits on top of your TV set. It could be beside it or under it but they are called set top if they are not in the computer.

I am more than willing to encode these in VCD format instead of avi. I just asumed that most of you were watching it on your computers. Lets take a poll and if most of you want it already encoded into VCD I have a great encoder that makes it so that Nero does not have to do anything to the file. I use it for other files all the time.

Lord Helmet
03-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Sits on top of your TV set. It could be beside it or under it but they are called set top if they are not in the computer.

I am more than willing to encode these in VCD format instead of avi. I just asumed that most of you were watching it on your computers. Lets take a poll and if most of you want it already encoded into VCD I have a great encoder that makes it so that Nero does not have to do anything to the file. I use it for other files all the time.
Yeah, I watch with a DVD player. #1. My PC's speakers don't work. #2. The picture my monitor displays is horrific on darker images.

Yeah, you can do that and upload them into VCD format, as long as it doesn't mess anything up or cause any trouble. Greatly appreaciated! So, explain it again. If you upload the games in VCD format, after I download the game, and I select to burn it, it won't have to encode and it will start burning? Because, I think I have the latest version on NERO and its pretty fast when it burns the games after the encoding is done.

If everyone agrees and doesn't care that you upload them in VCD, is it possible for you to do it with the other games? Keep in mind, I am just asking, if doing that gets in your way, don't sweat it. I don't care. :)

Anthem
03-19-2005, 12:41 AM
That's interesting... if they were encoded to VCD you could fit the whole move on one CD-ROM. Then, ripping from CD-ROM to .iso would only take ~700 megs.

Did I miss something here?

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Actually in VCD each half is arround 600 mb or so. So a game would be 2 disks. I have not been uploading them that way becuase of the size issue. It takes me a long time now to upload them with a vcd it takes even longer.

pacerfan2425 yes with Nero you would need to do nothing and it would not need to re encode the video. I use Nero and the encoder (cucsoft) that I use encodes them perfectly for Nero and it looks far better than the Nero built in encoder.

Able has sugested I try kvcd but I have not taken the time to look into it too much. As I understand it (and I am probably wrong) you need to tweak the settings for each dvd player.

Harmonica
03-19-2005, 02:02 AM
I think Dale is playing so well because he's happy as hell to be home!

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding!

kerosene
03-19-2005, 02:18 AM
why didn't he play 30 minutes a night for a bad G. State team.

My guess is that if they started DD and gave him the majority of the minutes at C it's akin to admitting that giving Foyle the deal they did was a big mistake.

Also DD is a vet with one season left on his contract who is not going to re sign in G.S. anyway so why give all those minutes to him? Is he good enough to take that Warriors team he played with to the playoffs if he's starting instead of Foyle or Robinson? No, he's not that much of a difference maker. With the right team, there's a place for him (obviously) but it wasn't with GS or New Orleans. Who knows what Portland was thinking, they gave up that stud Jermaine O'Neal for him :D

3ptmiller
03-19-2005, 02:23 AM
(I am staying up to watch F1 qualifying anyway not that late but what the heck)

Yes baby! im gona watch it to.. who do u think gona win :)

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Yes baby! im gona watch it to.. who do u think gona win :)

Its up in the air this year, I would love to see Alonso get another win.

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 03:20 AM
Those *****ing b*stards at ESPN. I stay up untill the wee hours of the morning and they cut out part of the game so they can show extra comercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***** them ***** them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skyfire
03-19-2005, 04:34 AM
For games on 03/18/2005

R. Miller IND 39

R. Allen SEA 38

B. Davis GSW 33

A. Stoudemire PHO 31

A. Iverson PHI 31

REBOUNDS

K. Garnett MIN 19

S. Marion PHO 17

J. Foster IND 17

M. Camby DEN 17

D. Davis IND 16

ASSISTS

S. Nash PHO 13

A. Johnson IND 11

A. Miller DEN 10

J. Crawford NYK 10

E. Boykins DEN 10

a good day at the office for the pacers :D

pacerwaala
03-19-2005, 08:45 AM
everyboyd can buy a dvd player that plays avi files. philips makes one and it is $50-$60 at Circuit City. I have one of those. This will help watching personal videos also by converting into just AVI

Ragnar
03-19-2005, 09:36 AM
everyboyd can buy a dvd player that plays avi files. philips makes one and it is $50-$60 at Circuit City. I have one of those. This will help watching personal videos also by converting into just AVI

Waaaa how did I not know about this. Does it play Divx, Xvid? Must go get one if it does.

grace
03-19-2005, 09:50 AM
The Lakers aren't very good but I thought they played a very determined game tonight

The guys on ESPN sure didn't think so. But then again its ESPN so what do they know.

grace
03-19-2005, 09:51 AM
One more thing) After the game, Al said that the crowd was chanting, "One/more/year." I wonder if Reggie heard that, and what he thought about that. I imagine it was a surreal experience at the Fieldhouse tonight.

Actually to me it sounded like "four more years". Kegboy said they must have been cheering for Edwards.

ChicagoJ
03-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Yep, that was a great game.

That was a fine way for me to enjoy my last regular season home game to watch Reggie (I do get to see him at The UC this weekend but that's different). That's the Reggie I want to remember, the gunslinger, not the passive version I've been screaming at during the past 2-3 seasons.

I'll say this, and I gave Dale a standing ovation, too... but Dale seemed to run out of gas even faster than Reggie did. Dale, like Reggie, is leaving it all on the line right now. But I suspect Dale's riding an emotional high right now and I've got reservations as to how long he can keep it up.

Still, for one night, that was a thing of beauty. Now all we need is a big guy with an even goofier mullet than mine to show his beautiful 14' jumper and a slow NYC PG to make pinpoint-precision passes. Oh, and that guy that I love but nobody else on here seems to like, Jalen Rose... :devil:

Suaveness
03-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Yep, that was a great game.

That was a fine way for me to enjoy my last regular season home game to watch Reggie (I do get to see him at The UC this weekend but that's different). That's the Reggie I want to remember, the gunslinger, not the passive version I've been screaming at during the past 2-3 seasons.

I'll say this, and I gave Dale a standing ovation, too... but Dale seemed to run out of gas even faster than Reggie did. Dale, like Reggie, is leaving it all on the line right now. But I suspect Dale's riding an emotional high right now and I've got reservations as to how long he can keep it up.

Still, for one night, that was a thing of beauty. Now all we need is a big guy with an even goofier mullet than mine to show his beautiful 14' jumper and a slow NYC PG to make pinpoint-precision passes. Oh, and that guy that I love but nobody else on here seems to like, Jalen Rose... :devil:

I'll be there as well :D

And I loved this game. But I may never get to see Reggie again at Conseco :(

ReggieMiller8325
03-21-2005, 06:19 PM
I know this is old but i want to get my comments on the game ok.I had no internet because my mom didn't pay for three days including the day they played the Lakers i know everybody was wondering why i wasn't here braggin g about it.I know we already played the nets and lost bit its still good that we are .5 a game from 6th and 4 2.5 games from 5th.Now the Laker game.

1st quater.............Overall the pacers lacked rebounding this quater and depended on Reggie to carry them on there back as he almost scored half of there points that quater.

2nd quater.....................This quater we did well offensivly but did had very bad defense that quater we could of had a ten point lead if our pg knew how to handle the ball staright.Aj did good overall but let to many defenders steal the ball from him we had a 8 point lead with about 2 minutes left but they cut it to 4 at the end Miller had a amazing 19 point first half which i think is a season high for him.

3rd quater................... Reggie came through this quater with 9 3rd quater points including one 3 pointer he almost capped the game in this quater but they cut our 15 point lead to a 8 point lead because our poor passing and turnovers and dfensive game.

4th quater...................I got so mad when we lost our lead.Why?Well it was the shot selections and the defense we were playing Stephen Jackson and fred Jones took there worst shots out of the whole game in the 4th quater espically jackson he was shooting overt centers for some reason.When Reggie Miller came in i knew he would hit the big shots and he did hitting a big three pointer that capped the game.

Talk about ownership. :devil:
Reggie Miller..................13-18 fg shooting 3-5 3pm 10-10 ftm
Kobe Bryant.................. 5-14 fg shooting 1-4 3pm 1-2 ftm

Reggie shot better drew more fouls he completeley anelated(Hope i spelled it right) Kobe bryant.

ReggieMiller8325
03-21-2005, 06:24 PM
I forgot to add that Miler is averging at.

25 ppg against the lakers this year and kopbe is averging at
24.5 ppg
Reggie outdose kobe by .5 in scoring against each other this year.

Deadshot
03-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Same old, same old: "reggie is grate pacers not good" ;)

But seriously, it was a good game. Reggie dominated, but he did not win it alone.

ReggieMiller8325
03-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Yep Aj chipped in a little but i still think this team needed better defense this game.

ImReppinBtown
03-21-2005, 09:52 PM
My favorite game this year was when we won at Miami in OT.