PDA

View Full Version : AJ the last few weeks

Jermaniac
03-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Amazing play by AJ tonight and also this past few weeks. He was the reason why we kept the lead in the fourth tonight, he hit 3 huge shots. He also had 11 assists and not many turnovers, AJ is starting to get on my good side. Big props to him and Reggie tonight, they were warriors.

Ragnar
03-18-2005, 10:04 PM
I do not hate him so bad that I want to trade him to the Knicks like I did last year. But he is still not a very good pg. He does not really run the offense well.

I said over and over last year that I thought he would make a decent backup sg in the Steve Kerr mold because he can hit big shots. He did that tonight and he is to be commended for that. But the offense really stagnated a lot while he was in.

Lord Helmet
03-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Big props to him and Reggie tonight, they were warriors.
Not just warriors, they were "Tru Wariers" :D

EDIT-Fixed, I thought I saw it spelled "Warrior" somewhere, I guess I was wrong.

Jermaniac
03-18-2005, 10:13 PM
No no its like this "Tru Wariers" :)

Will Galen
03-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Amazing play by AJ tonight and also this past few weeks. He was the reason why we kept the lead in the fourth tonight, he hit 3 huge shots. He also had 11 assists and not many turnovers, AJ is starting to get on my good side. Big props to him and Reggie tonight, they were warriors.

One thing that bugs me about this forum.

Guys get something in their head and they write it on the forum and other guys agree. Nothing wrong with that is there?

However, since guys reinforce each other's beliefs it takes like forever for them to realize things have changed.

AJ is playing good ball! Thus we are not in need of a back up point guard! AJ played good ball last year, however when he broke his hand it took him a while to get back to how he was playing last year. Still guys come on here and say, "Our greatest need is a backup point guard."

The other thing that bugs me is Reggie getting so called 'Legacy starts.' Some of the guys espousing this have good basketball knowledge. So . . . I've come to the conclusion that people have blind spots. They can't see what's in front of their eyes because they have made up their mind.

From now on when I read about Reggie's 'Legacy starts,' or we need a new back up point, I'm gonna to reply with two words, "Blind Spot!"

3ptmiller
03-18-2005, 10:18 PM
He was so good, he was doing everything!

Will Galen
03-18-2005, 10:18 PM
I do not hate him so bad that I want to trade him to the Knicks like I did last year. But he is still not a very good pg. He does not really run the offense well.

I said over and over last year that I thought he would make a decent backup sg in the Steve Kerr mold because he can hit big shots. He did that tonight and he is to be commended for that. But the offense really stagnated a lot while he was in.

Yeah, getting 11 assists will do that!

Jermaniac
03-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah, getting 11 assists will do that! Yeah thats the same thing I thought, he said that offense was being stangnet (sp?) when AJ was in, then when was the offense good when Eddie Gill was playing? AJ was amazing tonight he got 4 assists on the first 4 FG's we made.

Ragnar
03-18-2005, 10:21 PM
He was able to get those assists because he was shooting the ball well and they had to defend the shot. He did a decent job tonight and from time to time he has good games.

I am willing to say I could be wrong. It could be Ricks game plan and Tinsley simply wont play it but he is so good Rick has no choice but to keep him in I dont know. It could be that AJ's job is to slow the game down. I dont know because I am not in practice.

SoupIsGood
03-18-2005, 10:35 PM

Guys get something in their head and they write it on the forum and other guys agree. Nothing wrong with that is there?

However, since guys reinforce each other's beliefs it takes like forever for them to realize things have changed.

AJ is playing good ball! Thus we are not in need of a back up point guard! AJ played good ball last year, however when he broke his hand it took him a while to get back to how he was playing last year. Still guys come on here and say, "Our greatest need is a backup point guard."

The other thing that bugs me is Reggie getting so called 'Legacy starts.' Some of the guys espousing this have good basketball knowledge. So . . . I've come to the conclusion that people have blind spots. They can't see what's in front of their eyes because they have made up their mind.

From now on when I read about Reggie's 'Legacy starts,' or we need a new back up point, I'm gonna to reply with two words, "Blind Spot!"

Blind spot!

MSA2CF
03-18-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure how well Anthony would perform in a position where his role is to shoot, that he is being counted on to shoot. I think he thrives on the fact that he has the priority to dish and the option to take the shot if things aren't working the right way.

3ptmiller
03-18-2005, 11:15 PM

Forum = Guys get something in their head and they write it on the forum and other guys agree

didnt you knew that? :D

Unclebuck
03-18-2005, 11:17 PM
I've never metioned that the Pacers need a backup point guard because I think AJ is one of the best in the NBA. AJ struggled wthrough injuries and illness until about the alltar break this season.

Anthem
03-19-2005, 12:18 AM

This isn't the same Reggie as last year. Last year's Reggie didn't deserve his starting spot.

I said this in another thread before the game, but if this Reggie had been on last year's team we'd have won the championship.

Anthem
03-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Umm, like I said before, this was only one game.

And as *I* said before, I made the statement BEFORE last night's game. :flirt: