PDA

View Full Version : Reggie scores 39 as Pacers beat Lakers

3ptmiller
03-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Man you gota upload that game against Lakers.. Reggie was WICKED!
39 Points, 13-18 FGs, 3-5 3PTs, 10-10 FTs... and he got "ONE MORE YEAR" Chants i heard! bow down for reggie! :worship:

Shade
03-18-2005, 09:57 PM
That's the most fun I've had watching a game in a looooong time. :eek: :happydanc

tora tora
03-18-2005, 09:57 PM
He scores 39, admits he can go another 3 years in this league, but still insists that this is his final year. I can't understand that.

3ptmiller
03-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Hehe i made same thread :) he was awesome!

Ragnar
03-18-2005, 09:59 PM
What year is this. Dale had 16 boards and Reggie 39 points. Man it felt like 2000

(except our center can also rebound our sf can and will defend)

Hicks
03-18-2005, 10:00 PM
He explained it in the same 2 minutes. He feels that sometimes he holds the rest of the team back, and doesn't want to stick around and do that next year now that they're ready to live without him.

TMJ31
03-18-2005, 10:03 PM
I am really hoping one of these days the players sit down and explain to reggie that, yes perhaps they need to start acting like he isnt always going to be around..

but reggie is being too unselfish... they all love him and want him there. I really hope he sees that and "gives in" to the peer pressure to return

tora tora
03-18-2005, 10:03 PM
The only ones holding him down are his critics.

Jermaniac
03-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Big props to Reg tonight, he was AMAZING.

Lord Helmet
03-18-2005, 10:05 PM
That's the most fun I've had watching a game in a looooong time. :eek: :happydanc
Yeah, I agree. It was very fun to watch the game tonight. Reggie and Dale looking like they were in their prime plus hearing JO doesn't need surgery and may play in the playoffs, in the 1st round! :)

3ptmiller
03-18-2005, 10:06 PM
I am really hoping one of these days the players sit down and explain to reggie that, yes perhaps they need to start acting like he isnt always going to be around..

but reggie is being too unselfish... they all love him and want him there. I really hope he sees that and "gives in" to the peer pressure to return

Exactly man, i cant understand why he leaves.. the things he says is only some reasons he made up! How can he say that he is holding them back!? BS! he is holding them way up!

Doug in CO
03-18-2005, 10:07 PM
I still think dale being back is a wild card and might help to change his mind.

he did sound pretty emphatic tonight that he will not reconsider

SoupIsGood
03-18-2005, 10:08 PM
With a full roster, Reggie would be holding the team back. He even was some this year. I have no problem with this being Reg's last year, knowing how reserved he plays with JO in the game.

I'd rather Reggie go out like this, with the greenlight, from himself and Rick.

3ptmiller
03-18-2005, 10:15 PM
With a full roster, Reggie would be holding the team back. He even was some this year. I have no problem with this being Reg's last year, knowing how reserved he plays with JO in the game.

I'd rather Reggie go out like this, with the greenlight, from himself and Rick.

Noo dont say that :cry:

ABADays
03-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Another Amazing Reggie Performance . . . or, AARP - get it? :D

Ragnar
03-18-2005, 10:24 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Will Galen
03-18-2005, 10:28 PM

THAT'S GOOD!

McKeyFan
03-18-2005, 10:31 PM

A Berryfunny Anecdote!

(ABA)

Kstat
03-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Reggie looked very stone-faced. Usually when players talk retirement they joke around a little. He was dead serious.

Yeah, Reggie was fun to watch tonight. Kobe's season from hell juts got a little more embarrassing.....

BTW, nothing wrong with a player leaving while he's still able to play. A lot of guys have hung on too long and embarrassed themselves.

Reggie probably realizes this is his last year as a starting SG, and he wants to leave as a starter.

Suaveness
03-18-2005, 10:35 PM
I have no problem with him leaving, so long as he wants to do it. I won't question him at all.

Anthem
03-19-2005, 12:21 AM

That's brilliant. Somebody make that as a sign and take it to a game.

Slick Pinkham
03-19-2005, 12:42 AM
I wonder who holds the record for the oldest player to score their age, e.g. 39-year-old Reggie scored 39 points.

Jordan was how old in his last year? 39, or 40?

I'm guessing that's the record.

Anthem
03-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Jordan had a 45-point game at age 39 or 40. Nobody else has come close.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online/flashbacks/jordan/030217/

Only one player 39 or older has ever scored his age, and he has done it twice this season: on Jan. 4, when Jordan went for 41 points in a 107-104 win over the Indiana Pacers, and on Feb. 1, when he went for 45 in a 109-104 victory over the New Orleans Hornets.

EDIT: Googling also turned this up:

Hakeem Olajuwon scores 38 points on his 30th birthday to carry the Rockets to a 126-120 win over the Detroit Pistons. He adds eight rebounds, seven blocks and four assists while Vernon Maxwell chips in with 22 points and eight boards in leading Houston to its seventh straight victory. “Hey, Hakeem scored his age tonight," says 37-year-old teammate Tree Rollins following the game. “No,"Olajuwon responds. “I scored your age."

Kstat
03-19-2005, 01:26 AM
well, I believe Jordan dropped 50 just briefly before he turned 39, so thats kinda splitting hairs......

grace
03-19-2005, 10:24 AM
and he got "ONE MORE YEAR" Chants i heard!

Actually I liked it when they played the "Reggie" song from way back. I wonder how long they had to look around to find it. Maybe Dale took it with him when he was traded and that's why we haven't heard it until now. :shrug:

A-Train
03-19-2005, 08:22 PM
He explained it in the same 2 minutes. He feels that sometimes he holds the rest of the team back, and doesn't want to stick around and do that next year now that they're ready to live without him.

See, I don't get that reasoning. The only way he's "holding the team back" is by starting. Come off the bench, and he's a very valuable part of the team still. No one is held back. Let the young guys start and get most of the minutes, but come off the bench and provide a spark, the kind of spark that only Reggie can provide (ie, 3 point daggers).

I just don't see his logic there. :confused:

I would rather Reggie go out on top...............

Well, to me, "out on top" would include a championship, not simply being a starter on a team devastated by suspensions and injuries. This year was not the way to go out on top, sad as that fact is.

3ptmiller
03-19-2005, 09:01 PM
See, I don't get that reasoning. The only way he's "holding the team back" is by starting. Come off the bench, and he's a very valuable part of the team still. No one is held back. Let the young guys start and get most of the minutes, but come off the bench and provide a spark, the kind of spark that only Reggie can provide (ie, 3 point daggers).

I just don't see his logic there. :confused:

Well, to me, "out on top" would include a championship, not simply being a starter on a team devastated by suspensions and injuries. This year was not the way to go out on top, sad as that fact is.
:iagree:

brichard
03-19-2005, 09:12 PM
I actually heard that on the ESPN2 broadcast.

I was like "I could have sworn I have heard that before" then I remembered someone posted that a while ago on these very forums....

I've got it on one of my Bob and Tom cd's.

ReggieMiller8325
03-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Well Kobe got skooled.