PDA

View Full Version : Ever notice?

Hicks
03-18-2005, 08:24 PM
The people who are most critical and/or negative toward the Pacers are usually the first in line to give our opponents any and all possible excuses for why we beat them?

I've been thinking about that this whole 1st half. We're beating LA, and have generally been in control all half, but I can already hear (if we win) the "They're tired mentally and physically from last night" crap. Now there's truth to that statement, but I get a little upset when I read it because normally it's the Pacers' harshest critics that say it and it's hypocritical. The Pacers get little to no slack, but the other team gets to use excuses.

heywoode
03-18-2005, 08:30 PM
I've noticed that for what seems like YEARS....

Bill Walton for ESPN was so blatantly negative toward the Pacers I think they pulled him from the Pacer games on ESPN.....He seemed to be the worst but it is definitely a trend.....

Never mind if the Pacers are on the second night of a back to back....the other team was "too much" for them, or the "Pacers were outclassed".....something like that....

That's why it will be so much sweeter when we win a title!! (Fingers crossed)

Hicks
03-18-2005, 08:31 PM
That's true too, but I was actually referring to the forum.

heywoode
03-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Ah...don't have much experience in that department....Doesn't surprise me though...

SoupIsGood
03-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Well I don't know if you are tossing me with the critical ones, but I don't really do that. Certain wins impress me more than others, but I take a win as a win. :)