PDA

View Full Version : GM For A Day

purdue101
03-17-2005, 07:56 PM
I hate to look down the road with the Pacers still playing but this has been the season from hell and I can't help but look to next season. Anyways, if you were Larry or DW, what would you be looking for via trade/free agency/draft etc?

I would like to take a look at Ray Allen and see what could be done via sign and trade w/o giving up JO, Ron, or Tinsley.

Draft - Young PG. Maybe Raymond Felton.

Ragnar
03-17-2005, 08:15 PM
We will have a good draft pick. If they are not going to turn Freddie into the full time backup for Jamaal they need a pg. And a damn good one in case Jamaal goes down again. We are not going to get any big names in free agency this year not after the year we just had. So we just need to pick up the best pg available and hope to hell Ronnie has really changed.

Unclebuck
03-17-2005, 08:21 PM
I would re-sign Dale and ride the storm out, in other words, no other changes.

MSA2CF
03-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Lock Reggie in the locker room (sort of ironic, eh?) after the final game of the season, and force him to watch the IU/Maryland Championship game of a few years ago over and over until he promises to return next season.

purdue101
03-17-2005, 08:31 PM
DD is key, I definitely want to see him back next year.

Hicks
03-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Sign DD for a couple years, draft either a PG to backup Tinsley, or a SF for some RI (Ron Insurance).

SoupIsGood
03-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Look for smart, young talent. Not always the most athletic players, but solid fundamentally.

Acquire draft picks.

Try to convince Mike Brown to stay here long-term.

Mr. Pink
03-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Hire an on-court body guard for Ron.

beast23
03-17-2005, 09:55 PM
1. Sign Dale.

2. Sign JJ.

3. Trade AJ + some combination of (Bender, Croshere, Pollard) for a package containing another PG. [Although, I'd prefer to keep Pollard and his expiring contract for a trade to be made around the February, 2006 trade deadline]. If a better PG than Tinsley were available, trade Tinsley to eliminate the risk of another physical breakdown.

4. Convince Reggie to come back around January and come off the bench.

Gone - Edwards, Gill

Harmonica
03-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Package Ron with Pollard and hope like hell someone—anyone—bites.

Jermaniac
03-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Keep Ron Artest on the team, Sign Dale to a 2-3 year deal, draft a young PG in this draft.

Will Galen
03-17-2005, 11:23 PM
I would try to resign Dale and JJ. Then I would draft the best player available. (I think backup point guard is fine with AJ.)

As for trades, there would be no untouchables. However, JO, Artest, and Tinsley are well thought of by me and I don't really see getting anyone better at their positions.

At shooting guard I would look into trading for Ray Allen or Redd, and only then would I include Jackson.

The center position would be fine with Dale's signing. That would enclude Foster, Pollard, and Harrison.

Jose Slaughter
03-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Since the draft is first, I'd target the best PG we can get our hands on.

Bring back Davis & Jones & see how they do for the next couple years.