PDA

View Full Version : Who's Pedro, and other nonsensical thoughts from tonight's game

Kegboy
03-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Regarding the thread title, the Jr. Pacemates performed in the 1st quarter, wearing t-shirts that said, "Vote for Pedro". I'd be happy to, if somebody would please tell me who Pedro is.

In my seven years getting season tickets, there has never been a worse halftime than what was tonight. And no, I'm not talking about the pig, they do that every year. I can't even talk about it, it was so bad. In fact, I swear on all things holy I will never listen to 97.1 ever again because of it. Not that I've been listening, anyway. I'm almost tempted to call into Wank and O'Brien to ***** them out, but I'm too lazy to find out when they're on.

That's really all I have to say, except it's hard to believe Utah was so good at the beginning of the year. :shrug:

fooddaman
03-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Pedro is a character from the movie Napolean Dynamite.

Kegboy
03-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Pedro is a character from the movie Napolean Dynamite.

So, considering everyone's always talking about it, I assume I need to see this sometime.

fooddaman
03-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Movie has some funny parts, it will not be remembered for the story line. You should go rent it.

LouisvilleLip
03-16-2005, 11:51 PM
http://www.film-forward.com/napoleon.jpg

fooddaman
03-16-2005, 11:55 PM
http://www.film-forward.com/napoleon.jpg

uh, could you come pick me up? Well, could you at least bring my chapstick?

Classic :laugh:

Hicks
03-16-2005, 11:56 PM
So what was the half-time show? And I thought Wank and O'Brien were on 93.1, not 97.1.

SoupIsGood
03-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Dynamite is a waste of time. A few one-liners are funny, but not worth watching the entire movie for.

MagicRat
03-17-2005, 12:21 AM
So what was the half-time show? And I thought Wank and O'Brien were on 93.1, not 97.1.

Since Kegboy is apparently too upset to talk about it, I'll tell you.

Two people shot freethrows backwards for 97 seconds. Somebody should tell them people have enough trouble making them shooting normally. (Although some dude was on fire from 3 during a contest in the first half.)

You don't get Quick Change on a Wednesday against Utah, unfortunately....

But it wasn't the worst halftime show ever. The worst was during the playoffs, probably '93. The Flintstones characters from King's Island stood in the center jump circle and danced around and pretended to "lipsync" something. Horrible.

There were the two guys with keyboards last year that were terrible.

One time Duke Tumato did a lip sync to his Boom, Baby song while Slick had a live mic yelling "Boom Baby!" It was pretty embarrassing.

PacersandIU
03-17-2005, 12:41 AM
The Conseco Fieldhouse 5th Anniversary half-time show was pretty bad, wait no it's extremely bad, they had a bunch of people dressed up like Britaney Spears, Rod Stewart, Elton John, etc. It was bad, they were all lip-syncing to the songs and acting like they were playing the instruments...ughh, painful...

I actually enjoyed Napolean Dynamite, although I've noticed that people eitehr love it or hate it...no in-between...I actually bought a Vote For Pedro Shirt...lol, fun stuff...

MagicRat
03-17-2005, 12:44 AM
The Conseco Fieldhouse 5th Anniversary half-time show was pretty bad, wait no it's extremely bad, they had a bunch of people dressed up like Britaney Spears, Rod Stewart, Elton John, etc. It was bad, they were all lip-syncing to the songs and acting like they were playing the instruments...ughh, painful...

How could I forget that? That was painful........

Bball
03-17-2005, 12:53 AM
That halftime was pathetic. I didn't understand for certain what the prize amounted to in total but it was WAY too difficult for that kind of low dough if I followed.

You had three shots you had to hit. A FT from behind your back, a 3 from behind your back, and (I think) a halfcourt shot from behind your back. And 97 secs to do it. One person at each basket.

I -think- the prize was 97.00. I don't think it was 97.00 per hit... I think it was 97.00 in total if you could hit 3 behind the back shots in 97 secs from the FT line, 3 point line, and half court. MAYBE it was 97.00 at each position for a hit but I don't think so.

Anyway, WAY too difficult and finally the girl dropped a FT at the end but not enough time was left for maybe 1 or 2 3 point line attempts.

I mean maybe if there'd been a 1000.00+ on the line it might be a little interesting. ...at least then you could understand why they made it so friggin' hard. Otherwise, just let it pay 9.71 per -regular- FT made for 97 seconds.

It was almost as exciting as watching the person in front of you in line at the gas station scratch off lottery tickets.

I agree with Kegboy... it was pathetic.

-Bball

Los Angeles
03-17-2005, 12:57 AM
I need to remind everyone that at the Lakers game a couple of weeks ago the halftime entertainment was a bunch of ****ing commercials. Toyota. McDonalds. Etc. I wanted my money back.

I'll gladly choose watching a highschool skank lip-synch to a lame Christina song over paying 100 bucks a ticket to see the same 15 second Big Mac spot that I could see at home for free.

No, I'm not joking about this.

I do love these stories, though - keep em coming!

Bball
03-17-2005, 01:00 AM
I need to remind everyone that at the Lakers game a couple of weeks ago the halftime entertainment was a bunch of ****ing commercials. Toyota. McDonalds. Etc. I wanted my money back.

I'll gladly watch a highschool skank lip-synch to a lame Christina song than pay 100 bucks a ticket to see the same 15 second Big Mac spot that I could see at home for free.

No, I'm not joking about this.

I do love these stories, though - keep em coming!

I would've agreed with you until I saw this episode.... Bring on Mayor McCheese!

-Bball

Anthem
03-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Hey, check out the notes&quotes section:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/quotes_050316.html

You think Sloan will be pleased to be confused with Mr. "See You Next Tuesday?"

grace
03-17-2005, 05:44 PM

I wouldn't mind commercials although I'd probably find myself reaching for the TiVo remote to ff.

My personal opinion about most half time shows at Conseco is the women's restroom is more entertaining.

Kegboy
03-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Personally, I thought the Conseco 5 year anniversery was morbidly funny.

The keyboard guys last year were bad.

However, the worst I've ever seen was at a Fever game a couple years ago. It was an improv group from the northside, and oh my god they were awful. You could hear the crickets chirping outside.

As bad as a lot of stuff is, at least people are trying to entertain. Last night was just cheap and lazy.

You know, maybe that's why they're increasing ticket prices so much. They can't afford good halftime shows anymore. Quick Change must give them a volume discount, since they've been here so much. Or maybe PS&E are blackmailing them with tape from the night where it was obvious how they do it. But I'm afraid guys like Christopher have priced themselves out of PS&E's range.

Speaking of which, reason #107 why I'm not getting season tickets anymore: I miss Christopher. :(

MagicRat
03-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Speaking of which, reason #107 why I'm not getting season tickets anymore: I miss Christopher. :(

I think Bowser stole his Village People.....