PDA

View Full Version : The most fascinating thing about the team this year?

Los Angeles
03-16-2005, 07:46 PM
In my humble opinion:

The most fascinating thing about the team this year is that even when we are without our (arguably) 3 best players, we are still a better team than many teams in the NBA.

There are teams that have no excuse for sucking other than the fact that they can't get it together, and still can't help but suck.

If lesser organizations (with lesser coaching staffs and lesser heart) were faced with this much adversity, they would be breaking lose-streak records.

But not the Pacers. this rag-tag team keeps fighting - and damnit - that makes me proud to be a fan. The Pacers can beat decent teams on heart and will and spirit alone.

Just had to declare #1043 of the reasons I've always loved this team.

SoupIsGood
03-16-2005, 08:08 PM
We may have a few players that may not be the smartest, or most likeable in the world, but there is no doubt they nearly always give it their all. You have to love that.

The fact we are the 7th best team in the East shows just how good Rick is as a coach.

MSA2CF
03-16-2005, 08:36 PM
I can only imagine what being a Hawks fan is like. :shakehead

sweabs
03-16-2005, 09:36 PM
I can only imagine what being a Hawks fan is like. :shakehead

Ask Tim........

:devil:

Eindar
03-17-2005, 01:23 AM
It also goes to show you how winning breeds winning, and losing breeds losing. Our guys expect to win, and they are well coached, so they do. You need those two things, plus some talent to win. If you look at it on paper, this Pacers roster (with Stephen Jackson currently being our best player), isn't any better than the Hawks roster from last year. But we, as an organization, expect to win, and our coaches do a good enough job for that to happen.

Jose Slaughter
03-17-2005, 03:22 AM
It was the Utah Jazz

They've lost more than twice as many games as they've won.

I like the effort too but we won't be playing Jazz caliber teams from here on out.

Hicks
03-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Yeah it's the Jazz, but we didn't win because they gave it to us. And it wasn't a close game. We won by playing well on the boards, playing some decent defense, and moving the ball on offense.

ABADays
03-17-2005, 08:44 AM
What LA said!

Los Angeles
03-17-2005, 12:15 PM
I have to go on record and say that I started this thread before I even tuned into the game - and it was still the first quarter. So please don't interpret this as a "sunshine because we got a win" thread. I just thought it was time to sound off with something other than "the season's over."