PDA

View Full Version : I just realized!

3Ball
03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
I just realized that we are officially the 7th seed. We actually moved up a spot after JO went down! Which of course means we're in line to play Detroit. It's like some invisible fist of cosmic irony has put us in place to have either the best or (more likely) the worst playoffs in history. Are we going to really have to step out on the court at least 4 times in a row against Detroit missing 3 or our 4 best players? Of course, there's still plenty of time to move up or down, but I'm thinking that the universe has decided.

By the way, did you realize that the Heat have the best record in the NBA? Better than the Spurs? Whew. I think at this point Shaq has to have passed Nash as MVP.

Kegboy
03-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Look at our schedule the last couple weeks, compared to the next couple weeks. I'll be shocked if we stay at the 7th seed.

Hicks
03-16-2005, 06:13 PM
I hadn't realized just how ironic it would be. I had focused in on it being ironic that the season from hell ends with our hated enemy wiping the floor with us. I never really looked at it before that it was ironic that the brawl that took place in their house is the reason we're facing them early and without some of our best. I guess at the time I figured we'd either be higher than this, or have tanked. But no, 11/19 could come full circle, in a way. It "began" there, it could end there. All because of what already happened there.

DEEman
03-16-2005, 08:03 PM
I hadn't realized just how ironic it would be. I had focused in on it being ironic that the season from hell ends with our hated enemy wiping the floor with us. I never really looked at it before that it was ironic that the brawl that took place in their house is the reason we're facing them early and without some of our best. I guess at the time I figured we'd either be higher than this, or have tanked. But no, 11/19 could come full circle, in a way. It "began" there, it could end there. All because of what already happened there.
Nice deep thinking hicks

fooddaman
03-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Bump

Pacers only 1/2 game behind the Bulls for 6th. It would be pretty amazing if the P's could finish in 6th and play Boston. I would agree that the drama would be better if the P's finished in the 7th spot and played the Pistons.

:boxer: :gopacers: :rockon: :boomer:

fooddaman
03-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Oh yes, the conspiracy theory lives!!! ;)

I was just agree with an earlier post that mentioned the how it would be a fitting end to the P's season to have to play the Piston's in the first round. I bet the commish would love it, should get decent ratings even though most of the big names from our side wouldn't be playing.

Fuel the fire :D

:devil:

shags
03-17-2005, 12:33 AM
I'm sure the commish would love for the Sixers to slide ahead of the Magic into the 8th spot and play the Heat. That'd be 3 high profile series in the East, counting the playoff debut of LeBron James.