PDA

View Full Version : Edwards activated??? WTF

rabid
03-16-2005, 05:00 PM
This makes no sense whatsoever unless Harrison is actually hurt, which I didn't hear about.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/harrison_edwards_050316.html

Edwards Activated; Harrison to I.L.

Edwards

Harrison
Pacers.com Report | March 16, 2005 In a transfer of rookie centers, John Edwards was activated today and David Harrison was placed on the injured list with a sore left knee.

Edwards, an undrafted free agent from Kent State, has appeared in 19 games, averaging 6.7 minutes, 1.4 points and 1.0 rebounds. His last appearance was Jan. 14 against Phoenix. A strained right quadriceps muscle landed him on the injured list on Jan. 15.

Harrison, a first-round pick from Colorado, has made 43 appearances including 14 starts, averaging 17.7 minutes, 6.1 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.28 blocked shots.

NotLosingButWinning
03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
actually before the last game cbssportsline had harrison as doubtful with a sore knee.....i think it's legit.

waxman
03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
So does that mean finals tickets go on sale tomorrow.;)

Jermaniac
03-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Doesnt really matter Rick didnt play David anyway and he wont play Edwards.

Los Angeles
03-16-2005, 05:09 PM
YES!!!!!!1

EDWARDS!!!!111

SWEEET!!!!!1

LOL!!11

BEST_CENTR_EVAR!!!!11

LOL!!!11

:suicide:

rabid
03-16-2005, 05:11 PM
N3RDZ R00L!!!OMG!!11 WTF LOL

:zip:

Doug
03-16-2005, 05:16 PM
If you're not an Edwards fan, you are not a Pacer fan.

Miller_time04
03-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Wow...

3Ball
03-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Holy hell. Even our backup's backup's backup's are going down.

ChicagoJ
03-16-2005, 06:25 PM
I give up.

See y'all next season.

Suaveness
03-16-2005, 06:26 PM
The news gets worse everyday....

SoupIsGood
03-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Sorry for the delayed reaction.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO!!!!

ABADays
03-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Can anyone explain to me what purpose at all this serves?

Stryder
03-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Shoot to thrill...

Play to Kill...

Shade
03-17-2005, 10:54 AM
So, we're left with:

C - Foster/Pollard/Edwards
PF - DD/Cro
SF - SJax/JJ
SG - Reggie/Freddie
PG - AJ/Gill

We don't even have a full playoff roster right now... :shakehead

ChicagoJ
03-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Does anybody think Rick would've let Harrison - if healthy - play the last three minutes last night?

Hicks
03-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Does anybody think Rick would've let Harrison - if healthy - play the last three minutes last night?

Yes.

ChicagoJ
03-17-2005, 01:12 PM
What if Harrison played well? Then Rick would begin subjecting himself to questions as to why Harrison's role has been reduced.

I know Harrison's been a foul magnet lately. But I don't see how he can learn to not be a foul magnet from the bench or in practice. It takes game-time, and building a relationship with the refs, and that means the coach has to be committed to giving him some minutes every game, even if just a short rotatoin during the second quarter.

But we know Rick has a very short-term outlook in his coaching style. He's not interested in developing players to have a great team in the future, he wants to play the vets that have already been developed so he can have a good team now.

I don't think David would've played, or at least he wouldn't have played more than the last minute (he wouldn't have gotten the three minutes Edwards did, IMO).

Although I'm willing to admit that this previously undisclosed sore knee might have been (1) hampering his play/ mobility, and (2) Rick knew it, even though he wasn't stating it publicly, and that's why Harrison's role has been greatly reduced lately.

Hicks
03-17-2005, 01:37 PM
What if Harrison played well? Then Rick would begin subjecting himself to questions as to why Harrison's role has been reduced.

I doubt he's afraid of that. If he feels David deserves time, he will get time.

I know Harrison's been a foul magnet lately. But I don't see how he can learn to not be a foul magnet from the bench or in practice. It takes game-time, and building a relationship with the refs, and that means the coach has to be committed to giving him some minutes every game, even if just a short rotatoin during the second quarter.

Agreed, but remember we're still trying to win before anything else, and that puts developing him on the backburner. Dale, Jeff, and Scot all deserve time right now. I think you could give David some of (or most of) Cro's minutes however.

I don't think David would've played, or at least he wouldn't have played more than the last minute (he wouldn't have gotten the three minutes Edwards did, IMO).

He would have gotten the same time as Edwards. That was garbage time, and he was putting his last C in. If that had been David instead, it would have been in the same manner.

Although I'm willing to admit that this previously undisclosed sore knee might have been (1) hampering his play/ mobility, and (2) Rick knew it, even though he wasn't stating it publicly, and that's why Harrison's role has been greatly reduced lately.

It could be.

ChicagoJ
03-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Agreed, but remember we're still trying to win before anything else, and that puts developing him on the backburner. Dale, Jeff, and Scot all deserve time right now. I think you could give David some of (or most of) Cro's minutes however.

Or Jeff's.

There's a way to get him minutes and still focus on 'winning today'. I'm not sure there's a will, but there's a way...

Hicks
03-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Or Jeff's.

There's a way to get him minutes and still focus on 'winning today'. I'm not sure there's a will, but there's a way...

I think taking Cro's time away makes most sense. Cro is the least consistent compared to Dale, Jeff, and Scot.

ChicagoJ
03-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah, but Jeff's the least physical of the bunch, too. And that annoys me more than AC's inconsistency. :cool:

I know, I know, that's less of an issue now that Dale's back... but I'm not yet convinced that Dale can keep playing at this level. There's a reason even some of his biggest fans thought he was showing his age last year in Portland/ this year in Golden State.

Bball
03-17-2005, 02:38 PM

FWIW...
The Star quotes Carlisle as saying the knee injury occured Feb 23rd and Harrison subsequently began favoring and it 'flared up'.

-Bball

Los Angeles
03-17-2005, 02:40 PM
FWIW...
The Star quotes Carlisle as saying the knee injury occured Feb 23rd and Harrison subsequently began favoring and it 'flared up'.

-Bball
That makes sense.

Harrison's minutes have gone down - al the way to nearly nothing - since around that time.

PacerMan
03-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Edwards could be crucial come playoff time!!
He could match up .............................
well in certain situations he ..................................
oh, crap.

grace
03-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Can anyone explain to me what purpose at all this serves?

So I can ***** about David's wardrobe instead.:shrug:

grace
03-17-2005, 05:58 PM

Did Al Harrington ever learn how not to be a foul magnet?

ABADays
03-18-2005, 11:10 PM
THIS is going to prove to be a very stupid move!!!!!

grace
03-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Has anyone heard if Pollard is just hurt or injured? He and Austin both twisted ankles last night, but Austin was the only one to return from the locker room.

Unclebuck
03-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Has anyone heard if Pollard is just hurt or injured? He and Austin both twisted ankles last night, but Austin was the only one to return from the locker room.

Yes Pollard sprained his ankle and Rick said he Pollard likely won't play Sunday. Cro came back and played, Rick said we'll have to see how Cro is tomorrow

grace
03-19-2005, 12:04 PM

How many more games until David can come back?

ABADays
03-19-2005, 12:10 PM

How many more games until David can come back?

He has to stay on the IL for 5 games. I don't know if last night's game was the first or second.